Who is best fit for the NE8 moving forward.

SR was good at soccer for a hot minute, but that's passed. Heh. But they had a few good years.

Anyway, Howland makes the most sense. But if they're comfortable in their quasi-independent status then there's nothing you can do. They'd get the brakes beat off them in football, certainly if 2021 and 2022 are where they are as a program. SR, heh, would have running clocked them coming out of halftime and I'm not sure that's something they want to endure. And even worse, the Lakeview-Howland game could turn into some sort of annual brawl for 7th, and that'd be a really big hit to the pride.

Howland is better than BL as an option only for location and breadth of sports where they might actually compete. In terms of football, you'd just add another "W" to most teams schedules.

What’s Hubbard gonna do at QB? #1? Still hav #5 and #18 at RB. And I think most guys back on the lines, lead by Bowser. Lose the big LT. Pass game will probably be subpar again… will it matter?
If their offense isn’t much improved this year, I think Beaver will be able to outscore them.

Week 1 will also be a test for Struthers.
Struthers has to be an early season favorite for the league title right behind SR IMO. It all depends upon how well the QB heals from his injury.

I know SR hasn't lost a league game in 3 seasons, but they lose too much to be a favorite. I'd rate them a contender, but even that is contingent on lots of development. They're not Kirtland or Marion where you just know that the next dude up is great. 2023 will be a real challenge. And Struthers should be strong. I'd have Struthers at the front of the pack, but it's not a run away. Should be a really interesting season.

I think Poland is going to make some noise this year as well.
They got some talent moving in? Most of the injured kids that were good were seniors. Fulton is solid but he obviously can’t throw at all it’s tough for me. I think it’ll be a very competitive league. I think girard will be a tough out as well

They got some talent moving in? Most of the injured kids that were good were seniors. Fulton is solid but he obviously can’t throw at all it’s tough for me. I think it’ll be a very competitive league. I think girard will be a tough out as well
Girard has a 6'4" gunslinger QB that moved in from a Pennsylvania school. He is already at Girard. If they also get the Niles RB, they will be really loaded at the skill spots. Add Sims, and Bengala.

Girard has a 6'4" gunslinger QB that moved in from a Pennsylvania school. He is already at Girard. If they also get the Niles RB, they will be really loaded at the skill spots. Add Sims, and Bengala.
Doesn’t new Wilmington run the wing t? What kind of gun slinger do you think you really got?

I heard from a friend of the family that Gardner will be at Niles next year, a lot could change but as of now that’s the position.

Also if they use the PA kid over sims next year that’ll be an absolute disaster

How convenient .Just happened to move to Girard . Must be for the math program

SR was good at soccer for a hot minute, but that's passed. Heh. But they had a few good years.

Anyway, Howland makes the most sense. But if they're comfortable in their quasi-independent status then there's nothing you can do. They'd get the brakes beat off them in football, certainly if 2021 and 2022 are where they are as a program. SR, heh, would have running clocked them coming out of halftime and I'm not sure that's something they want to endure. And even worse, the Lakeview-Howland game could turn into some sort of annual brawl for 7th, and that'd be a really big hit to the pride.

Howland is better than BL as an option only for location and breadth of sports where they might actually compete. In terms of football, you'd just add another "W" to most teams schedules.
Jefferson joined the league when they knew they had no chance of competing. Edgewood did the same in the AAC. It absolutely happens.
They also were searching for a league, Liberty is in a stable league with schools their own size and are a middle of the road at best in every sport. It’s not happening

How convenient .Just happened to move to Girard . Must be for the math program
He threw 8 Tds last year 7 interceptions for just over 800 yards passing and completed just 49 percent of his passes, now im sure he’ll get better with Cochrans help. But he is no gun slinger and it’s not the type of kid that you go out and get

He threw 8 Tds last year 7 interceptions for just over 800 yards passing and completed just 49 percent of his passes, now im sure he’ll get better with Cochrans help. But he is no gun slinger and it’s not the type of kid that you go out and get
Didn't know his stats were that bad. But what I meant by gunslinger is the video I seen of him showed a strong arm with some nice throws. But I agree with you I think he did probably just move to the area, and they wouldn't go recruit the kid. Plus Girard already has a 4.4 or 4.5 athletic kid that can already play QB.

Doesn’t new Wilmington run the wing t? What kind of gun slinger do you think you really got?
The video I seen of him, was running shotgun mostly, in different formations. That team might have runned wing t in past years. Kid has a nice arm and can make different throws, but someone did bring up his stats, and they weren't good to be honest

I’ll take a stab at this because NE8 is my favorite to follow.

SR is the favorite until someone knocks them off. Having said that, Struthers brings back the leagues best player at QB and return several monsters up front. Their line might be the biggest in the league. So the game of the year in NE8 will be Struthers vs. SR. I’ve never taken Girard seriously post Waid era. I find them to be cowards vs any type of physicality. They don’t even put up their fists annually against SR. Struthers will gladly fight anyone in a phone booth, but this is a make or break year for that staff. They have a 2 year window right now that should lead to minimum 1 league title and 4 playoff wins.

Poland will have a winning record. But the dynamic continues to change there. Their middle school program had 55 kids last year, so they have a future if Pav embodies the physical brand of old Poland.

Ya well he might be 6'4" but he looks to be about 165 lbs. soaking wet. He'll need to hit the weight room and toughen up--which is funny cuz I think his first name (unsure if given name or nickname) is "Tuff" 😆.

I believe the older Bengala brother (Nick) who quarterbacked the Indians the last 2 seasons (and missed the latter 1/2 of the '22 season due to injury) is scheduled to graduate this spring. Anthony Bengala has played WR and will be a senior this fall.

Ya well he might be 6'4" but he looks to be about 165 lbs. soaking wet. He'll need to hit the weight room and toughen up--which is funny cuz I think his first name (unsure if given name or nickname) is "Tuff" 😆.

I believe the older Bengala brother (Nick) who quarterbacked the Indians the last 2 seasons (and missed the latter 1/2 of the '22 season due to injury) is scheduled to graduate this spring. Anthony Bengala has played WR and will be a senior this fall.
I was referring to the younger Bengala that played WR, and DB last year. That QB is on the thin side, I believe he is playing basketball for Girard right now

I still have a sneaky suspicion Liberty could be in play here. Lakeview Hubbard Girard being in the league helps. Even tho Liberty wouldn’t be good in most sports.
Liberty would have a hard time making the jump into this league not only for football but for basketball as well. Didn't have enough kids for a JV against Brookfield this week and are not that good in football in the MVAC Grey tier. If they would go to the NE8 they would consistently finish 6-8 in the conference standings

The video I seen of him, was running shotgun mostly, in different formations. That team might have runned wing t in past years. Kid has a nice arm and can make different throws, but someone did bring up his stats, and they weren't good to be honest
They still 100% run the wing-t, might have had some different formations for him to throw out of but the base has and will always be a wing-t over there

They still 100% run the wing-t, might have had some different formations for him to throw out of but the base has and will always be a wing-t over there
Ok. But just saying he was working out of shotgun with most throws I seen, and not under center. I guess I always think of the old wing t with QB under center

Ok. But just saying he was working out of shotgun with most throws I seen, and not under center. I guess I always think of the old wing t with QB under center
Yeah, I don’t know anything about the kid personally so he could be really good. I have no idea all I know is I am upset cCochran got a qb.

Struthers OOC is set,

@beaver local - should be good again

@geneva - young last year will be good

Vs Brookville pa - lost in 3rd round of playoffs last year

Vs East - hopefully they field a team