Who are the top 2 players at each position this year in Cincy?

Doesn't it seem that some of the cincy players that head off to larger D1 schools end up not playing at all... the St X player that went to Maryland...the Summit player that went to Rutgers. I don't see their names on the rosters for UM or Rutgers.

Maybe it is smarter to go to a smaller D1 program if you're actually looking to get some playing time...

Andrew Zilch, who went to Maryland is now at Ohio State, but not playing lacrosse. Jason Keck from Summit, left Rutgers last year, went to UC, and now is playing club at the University of Montana.

I'm pretty sure coaches would much rather come to a Moeller game than a Mariemont game.

Anyways, Finnegan was noticed by Delaware because he was on the team coached by his dad that went all across the country playing in tournies. That whole team was Moeller, X, IH, and some Sycamore, straight D1 schools. I don't see any D2 players on that roster, when I know that there are some D2 players better than some of those D1 players.

Congratulations to Finnegan for going to Delaware, but I don't like seeing this comparison to Peterson as being inferior because he is going to a smaller school, they are both college D1 programs.

Drake had the same chances as Sean did. I remember Sean got the offer from Delaware right after the Rutgers MVP Tournament. The same tournament Drake was playing in except on another team. So its not like Drake didnt have the same opportunities Sean had.

Okay, I will try and play this game....the team that Coach Finegan coached was the Cincy Lax Dawgs and there were kids on the team from Moe, St. X, Sycamore, IH, Loveland.

Best Goalie: Steve Krall, IH
Best Attackmen: Sean Finegan, Alex Hofrichter, both Moe...imo
Best Midfielders: Gerry Reilly, St. X, Anderson Morgan, Moe, Vinne Catino
Best DMen: Ross Lockwood, IH, Matt Dowd, Loveland
Best LSM: Adrian Cone, IH

Okay, I will try and play this game....the team that Coach Finegan coached was the Cincy Lax Dawgs and there were kids on the team from Moe, St. X, Sycamore, IH, Loveland.

Best Goalie: Steve Krall, IH
Best Attackmen: Sean Finegan, Alex Hofrichter, both Moe...imo
Best Midfielders: Gerry Reilly, St. X, Anderson Morgan, Moe, Vinne Catino
Best DMen: Ross Lockwood, IH, Matt Dowd, Loveland
Best LSM: Adrian Cone, IH

I'm pretty sure Cone plays down low and he is from Sycamore, and the LSM your thinking of is Simandl

some D3 schools are just as competitive as D1 schools, it gives you a better oppurtunity to play, it does seem alot of D1 guys from cincy stop playing, but if you look at alex cole at nazareth and the colluras at gettysburg, they are getting a chance to play at very good D3 schools as well as jay troja at Roanoke and trevor noel at bellarmine as well is at a D1 school, though not the best team he gets a chance to play more, And keck at Rutgers wasnt the best fit and Zilch at Maryland, he played for 2 years there and dislocated his shoulder again at the end of his soph year and ended up having to have reconstructive surgery, so he cant play for almost a year so he left as well. to get playing time smaller D1 or D3 is the way to go it seems

And if you look at guys like colin igo from kilboune up in columbus he's not on Umass' roster anymore he quit playing, and dewey from virginia doesnt get much playing time at virginia either, so it seems like ohio might not keep up with the east or the coaches are biased towards the east, either way D3 is the way to go

Gibby from Mariemont goes to Roanoke also, and i if he isnt starting his freshman year, then he is getting alot of playing time.

Noel is no longer playing at Bellarmine, he transfered to Mount St. Joe's.

And if you look at guys like colin igo from kilboune up in columbus he's not on Umass' roster anymore he quit playing, and dewey from virginia doesnt get much playing time at virginia either, so it seems like ohio might not keep up with the east or the coaches are biased towards the east, either way D3 is the way to go

Colin Igoe hated Umass so he transferred to Notre Dame is a big contributer on their team now. Umass's head coach (Cannella) ran a very strict offense and that wasnt a good fit for a player like Colin Igoe.

Gibby from Mariemont goes to Roanoke also, and i if he isnt starting his freshman year, then he is getting alot of playing time.

Noel is no longer playing at Bellarmine, he transfered to Mount St. Joe's.

gibby gets decent time, most of which is due to injury to noke's best attackmen.

OHSLA website stats???

who is Sycamore's Gannon Kast? Why wasn't he mentioned as one of Cinti's best players?

As I was browsing the OHSLA stats yesterday, It looked like this Kast kid had scored 27 goals in the first 5 games? Now Sycamore's stats have disappeared. (As has many other teams) Are these goals and assists legit? Look at the total number of goals and assists. Little Miami's are off the chart. Just how reliable are these stats throughout the year?

who is Sycamore's Gannon Kast? Why wasn't he mentioned as one of Cinti's best players?

As I was browsing the OHSLA stats yesterday, It looked like this Kast kid had scored 27 goals in the first 5 games? Now Sycamore's stats have disappeared. (As has many other teams) Are these goals and assists legit? Look at the total number of goals and assists. Little Miami's are off the chart. Just how reliable are these stats throughout the year?

For the most part the stats are accurate. I know in the case of a couple of schools they are off by 1 or 2 goals/assists.

Keep in mind in the case of Sycamore, they have played a fairly light schedule that has yielded some pretty high scoring games. Even the teams they played in Columbus this past weekend are 2 of the less revered teams in that region. Although I hear this gannon kast is good, expect that the stats will even out a bit as they face tougher opponents.

When exactly does Sycamore start playing tougher opponents?

Granted, Sycamore(and Indian Hill for that matter) have pretty easy schedules this year. the games against Dublin Jerome, St. X, Indian Hill and Moeller should provide some better competition.