White House hires lawyer Richard Sauber as it braces for potential GOP investigations after midterms

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
The White House has hired Richard Sauber to assist in the Biden administration's response to potential future investigations should Republicans win back majorities in Congress in the midterm elections, officials confirm to CNN.

Sauber, currently the top lawyer at the Department of Veterans Affairs, and is expected to begin at the White House in the next few weeks with the title "special counsel to the president."

I wish the Republicans would take the high road but this is probably going to be the way of the future. "Be careful what you wish for" and "Elections have consequences" come to mind as control will likely switch and the Democrats that played with fire will then be the ones trying to put fires out.

I wish the Republicans would take the high road but this is probably going to be the way of the future. "Be careful what you wish for" and "Elections have consequences" come to mind as control will likely switch and the Democrats that played with fire will then be the ones trying to put fires out.
Were Dems just supposed to turn a blind eye to all the crazy stuff the last administration was doing???

Were Dems just supposed to turn a blind eye to all the crazy stuff the last administration was doing???
What did they accomplish? With party before country neither side is interested in the truth. It will be vote along party lines. The question is will the right gain enough seats to do what they want?

I wish the Republicans would take the high road but this is probably going to be the way of the future.

Exactly what potential investigation do you deem as frivolous? The linked article doesn't specify any, and I'm not sure what the Babbles Administration is bracing for?

The GOP has promised to be aggressive with its investigations of Biden should Republicans regain control of Congress."

Who has promised what? That's the link I'd like to see.

Yeah that lowest unemployment figure in history for black Americans thing was crazy stuff ?
What exact purposeful action or policy enabled black to find more jobs? Hadn't the black unemployment rate and overall economic gains started well before he took office and in fact he inherited a growing economy? Incredible that the usual suspects cite this as something Trump did over and over again.

The number of employed black Americans rose by 354,000 in the first 11 months under Trump. But that rise is dwarfed by the gains in the previous three years: 541,000 in 2016, 767,000 in 2015 and 710,000 in 2014.

Considered another way, the labor force participation rate for black Americans in December was 62.1 percent, slightly lower than the 62.3 percent rate in January 2017, just before Trump took office. The labor participation rate is the percentage of those age 16 and older who are working or looking for work.

In addition to his boasts about black unemployment, Trump has been exaggerating gains by women during his presidency, saying for example that there are “more women in the workforce today than ever before.” As we recently wrote, while more women are working now than when he took office, the employment gains by women were 34 percent larger over the same period, from January to December, in each of the last two years. In fact, the 863,000 women who joined the workforce in 2017 is the smallest increase since 2012 and below the historical norm for the past 54 years, dating to 1964.

I see that is a link to a webpage. At first glance I thought it was typical hairball gibberish.
See I thought it looked like he had finally figured out english. ? Well, and maybe stop crying to the moderators....

Last edited:
pynk vagina panta GIF by Janelle Monáe

How many convictions came out of that so innocent administration 19, 20????
What does that have to do with helping the black community? You can lie to yourself all you want but democrats are the black communities biggest enemy, that and fatherless children. Y’all act like every time Republicans are in charge they pass all these laws to hurt the black communities, got news for ya, most black communities are run by who?

One of the best things about being an America First independent is not giving a flip about party affiliation. Republicans started this. They went way way over the lines when they found personal dirt surrounding the Whitewater investigation of the Clintons, and they went scorched earth hypocritically riding Ken Starr’s moral indignation. They set a perjury trap and a new low for political opposition after that, and that’s all that there is to it. Fact. Whether or not he deserved it is immaterial. Somebody should’ve brought suit against him personally in state court, not impeachment.

What does that have to do with helping the black community? You can lie to yourself all you want but democrats are the black communities biggest enemy, that and fatherless children. Y’all act like every time Republicans are in charge they pass all these laws to hurt the black communities, got news for ya, most black communities are run by who?
This thread has nothing to do about the Black community, it is about investigations by political parties. A little research shows who does it for show and who does it because of actual illegal actions. How many convictions came from those endless Benghazi and IRS investigations held by the Republicans as opposed to the ones held by the Democrats. I believe the conviction scorecard is a legitimate way to measure worth.

This thread has nothing to do about the Black community, it is about investigations by political parties. A little research shows who does it for show and who does it because of actual illegal actions. How many convictions came from those endless Benghazi and IRS investigations held by the Republicans as opposed to the ones held by the Democrats. I believe the conviction scorecard is a legitimate way to measure worth.
Sad how far you’re gone and even sadder is I feel a lot of your community feels the same.

Yes Trump alone fixed every ill ( with his awesome policies ) that beset the country and the entire world really as we have seen . . Black unemployment was rising at an alarming rate and Obama handed Trump an awful economy that was verging on a depression . He may not be good at running his own “ businesses the last decade and has filed for bankruptcy multiple times but he can run the entire world economy just fine and saved black Americans from a terrible fate

You believe a lot of stuff that is wrong.