Which Team's fanbases travel the best?

The Hartley Hawks don't travel very well... partly because Burchfield schedules teams all across Ohio. They play in some of the best matchups in the state. Also, small programs do not have as many students, bands aren't as big so attendance is not comparable to some of the big D1s.

travelling to state finals games doesn't impress me. I like the fan bases that travel to every away game.

Valley View back in the day (15 years ago) was always impressive. Their fans would show up before school was out on Friday and be tailgating as kids walked by leaving school!
Sounds like Saint X. Pass me a De-Light

An interesting topic. I've been to State Championship games in the NE part of the state, but have very little insight into the fanbases of the various "power" programs up there. Elder comes to mind when I think of crazed fans that travel in mass. Huber Heights Wayne is another school that travels very well.

An interesting topic. I've been to State Championship games in the NE part of the state, but have very little insight into the fanbases of the various "power" programs up there. Elder comes to mind when I think of crazed fans that travel in mass. Huber Heights Wayne is another school that travels very well.
Wayne’s band brings it, loud and clear.

IMG_20191205_190237997_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg
there is only one Massillon.

I’ll speak for what I have seen out is southern ohio, Ironton, Wheelersburg, Nelsonville-York did been out that way in a moment. And I think Waverly but that is my biased one

The Hartley Hawks don't travel very well... partly because Burchfield schedules teams all across Ohio. They play in some of the best matchups in the state. Also, small programs do not have as many students, bands aren't as big so attendance is not comparable to some of the big D1s.
Yeah I’m surprised Desales and Hartley have no community support

Im going to say Moeller? All of their home games are away, like at Princeton, Lockland, or UC. If their alumni would really step up maybe they could buy the Bengals stadium when the lease is up in a few years and Mike Brown moves the team.

I dont know if the state still does this but in the past they have been known to change whom the home team if one school was expecting to bring a massive amount of fans and the other not so much.

Remember being at one of those games. Opposing team coach was all butthurt about it so they came out in warmups with their home unis on. Did seem odd as both sides had their darks on an dthen they changed to the visitors unis before KO.

Wanna say it was a 40+ point steamroll and the state was right to assume the crowd size as the original visiting team had more than double the fans although a longer drive.

Been to games where we were vistors, filled up the visitor side and then on the home side had more fans there than the supposed home team.

I do recall the days though when it was parents night and they were all on the field the stands were practically empty so yeah, fair weather fans....
I recall that happened when Cincinnati Wyoming played Germantown Valley View at Fairfield. VV was the visiting team and the bleachers were lousy. Wyoming only had maybe 500 fans in the stands, so Fairfield opened up the home stands to VV fans. VV filled alomst half of the home stands as well. Mid 90s I think.

Most of you are mentioning large schools with enormous fan base potential.

What about small D7 schools such as Marion Local? As a percentage of the total population inside the district I suspect these are the schools that travel best. Having 10,000 in the stands out of a community base of 50,000 isn't nearly as impressive as 1,000 in the stands out of 1,500 potential butts.

I recall that happened when Cincinnati Wyoming played Germantown Valley View at Fairfield. VV was the visiting team and the bleachers were lousy. Wyoming only had maybe 500 fans in the stands, so Fairfield opened up the home stands to VV fans. VV filled alomst half of the home stands as well. Mid 90s I think.
Same thing with us vs Wyoming. Was at Northmont. We filled up the visitors side, and had more on the home side than they did.

Most of you are mentioning large schools with enormous fan base potential.

What about small D7 schools such as Marion Local? As a percentage of the total population inside the district I suspect these are the schools that travel best. Having 10,000 in the stands out of a community base of 50,000 isn't nearly as impressive as 1,000 in the stands out of 1,500 potential butts.

Stands to reason but 1000 fans at a D7 game doesn’t grab any headlines.

It's pretty obvious that the OP is looking for multiple answers since he specifically asked about FANBASES.
So anyone who says "end thread" is a fool. But we already knew that.

The original question was which teams fan bases travel the best? No parameters for whether that was by total number or percentage of the whole. I am more impressed by percentage of the whole than total number.

Ok so name a few with figures to back it up. I'm not aware of tracking away fans as a % of their district's population but might be some interesting surprises.

I assume several if not most could be in the lowest divisions cuz that's just the nature of tiny schools in small communities. I could be completely wrong though.