Votes: 35 13.1%
  • Moeller

Votes: 15 5.6%
  • Pick Central

Votes: 20 7.5%
  • Upper Arlington

Votes: 16 6.0%

• Total voters
I don't know why no one will believe me when I keep saying this is Springfield's year. A school's history of past championships is irrelevant. Best defense in the state of Ohio.
I only have 1 game to go by. And that is the Ignatius game. And I have never seen them play. I know it's probably small minded of me to write them off based on 1 game, so I will relook at them as a possible state champion. The other factor is St. Ed's. They are going to be a tough out.

I cast my vote for Ed's as the favorite to win D1 back when this thread was started and nothing I have seen since has swayed me to change my opinion. They are the team to beat and last night they were a good as can be. Every phase of the game they looked solid. They WILL be a tough out.

I only have 1 game to go by. And that is the Ignatius game. And I have never seen them play. I know it's probably small minded of me to write them off based on 1 game, so I will relook at them as a possible state champion. The other factor is St. Ed's. They are going to be a tough out.
I think the final will be SHS v St Eds. Like all teams, SHS has improved and really gelled since game 1. You should check out the highlights from the Centerville game.

I cast my vote for Ed's as the favorite to win D1 back when this thread was started and nothing I have seen since has swayed me to change my opinion. They are the team to beat and last night they were a good as can be. Every phase of the game they looked solid. They WILL be a tough out.
But are you being influenced by how they have 4 or 5 state championships in their history?

I think the final will be SHS v St Eds. Like all teams, SHS has improved and really gelled since game 1. You should check out the highlights from the Centerville game.
OK, I will do that. Thanks. Especially since I will be at all the state finals games. The more I know about all the teams I like that.

But they did lose to Moeller. And they nearly lost to St Ignatius. So, people have matched up with them.
I've been following Ohio HS football long enough to know that the Cleveland teams that make that long trip to Cincinnati struggle and don't typically play well. And it works the same way when the Cincinnati teams come to Cleveland. There are games that are exceptions, but over the years that is how it goes. And all I'm saying is they will be a tough out. Not that it can't happen, but it will take a team to play their A game. Ed's WILL be favored in every game they play. Including this coming week and if they win, they will be the favored team in the finals. Moeller may match up the best with them over the other teams left.

I've been following Ohio HS football long enough to know that the Cleveland teams that make that long trip to Cincinnati struggle and don't typically play well. And it works the same way when the Cincinnati teams come to Cleveland. There are games that are exceptions, but over the years that is how it goes. And all I'm saying is they will be a tough out. Not that it can't happen, but it will take a team to play their A game. Ed's WILL be favored in every game they play. Including this coming week and if they win, they will be the favored team in the finals. Moeller may match up the best with them over the other teams left.
What if UA wins, please would they be favored in the finals?

But if SHS beats Moeller convincingly, I think they would be favored to win over St Eds assuming they play each other in Canton

So true. So true.
Plus they haven't been on the radar the last few years. They can't completely overlook SHS because of their success the past 2 years. But there's still a lack of respect and acknowledgment that they're a legit contender. Coach Douglass said that in today's paper. All season long, Yappi posters acted like the only teams that count are the private Catholic schools and Pickerington Central. Then when PC lost early on, it was just private schools. Would love to see an all public school championship game between UA and SHS, after getting past 2 Catholic school heavyweights next week.

Last edited:
But if SHS beats Moeller convincingly, I think they would be favored to win over St Eds assuming they play each other in Canton
If Ed's makes the state finals, which I believe the will, I also believe that they will be the favorite against whoever they play. That doesn't guarantee a win, but they will be favored.

Moeller does not have better skill position players. Kattus is out, there is no receiver on moeller that is as good as McFarland. Bryant just catches bubble screens and goes down the sideline. He’s not really a receiver he’s more like a scat back and he’s 5’5. Running back I take X too, and Kellom.
QB is a wash. I give u that one.

Can Moeller win…..yes. If they do it will be on special teams and West turning the ball over.
You were wrong weren't you. Oh btw White is a UK commit.

Just remember, ya heard it here first. The way you have all season long. Moeller's defense can't stop SHS. And SHS's defense yields under 6 ppg. You do the math.
Moeller's offensive line will grade a path. Moeller's offense is very balanced. I seriously doubt Springfield's secondary is better than Lakota Wests. Just let the game play out. Im sure Springfield is a very good team. I just think Moeller is peaking at the right time.

Moeller's offensive line will grade a path. Moeller's offense is very balanced. I seriously doubt Springfield's secondary is better than Lakota Wests. Just let the game play out. Im sure Springfield is a very good team. I just think Moeller is peaking at the right time.
SHS has a better secondary. It's anchored by a 1st team all Stater. Feel free to fact check. And SHS has the best qb in the State. Fact check that too.