When will we see our next 4 time state champ

Lionattack

Wrestling continues to evolve here in Ohio and the younger wrestlers are getting even better by the time they hit high school. This year at the state tournament seemed like a lot of freshman sophomores were having a lot of success placement wise . We had a stretch where we saw quite a few 4 time champions not a ton but it seemed like we would see one.
My question is with the advancement here in Ohio will we see a 4 timer with in the next 10 years?

Wrestling continues to evolve here in Ohio and the younger wrestlers are getting even better by the time they hit high school. This year at the state tournament seemed like a lot of freshman sophomores were having a lot of success placement wise . We had a stretch where we saw quite a few 4 time champions not a ton but it seemed like we would see one.
My question is with the advancement here in Ohio will we see a 4 timer with in the next 10 years?
Most if not all 4 xers have the fortune of a pretty easy weight class their freshman year, or even later.

For as long as Dillon Campbell stays in D3, he'll be a 4xer.
I think Beric Jordan is very likely to be a 4xer as he is very very good.
Ty Wilson could face obstacles along the way, just because of how strong big school is right now -- with 19/28 state finalists returning next year. That said, he is halfway there and took apart Ginter last night though the score belies it.

two years.

People who are undefeated at state tourney
2022- Seth Shumate and Gavin Brown both went 3/3
2023-Joey Blaze, Dylan Russo, Max Hermes are 2/2
2024-Ty Wilson, Beric Jordan, Dillion Campbell are 2/2
2025-Cole Evans, Marcus Blaze, Brogan Tucker, Mitchell Younger all won this year as freshman

Are we gonna act like Ty Wilson didn’t just bump up 3 weight classes and win his second state championship as a 15 year old? But that’s none of my business.

As long as no one acts like he hasn't already been mentioned multiple times in this very thread. Kid is a beast... his head coach is kind of suspect though ? (don't go crazy...I grew up with him).

For as long as Dillon Campbell stays in D3, he'll be a 4xer.
I think Beric Jordan is very likely to be a 4xer as he is very very good.
Ty Wilson could face obstacles along the way, just because of how strong big school is right now -- with 19/28 state finalists returning next year. That said, he is halfway there and took apart Ginter last night though the score belies it.
if campbell goes d2 or d1 he’ll still be a 4xer

Old142 can’t even give 4x’ers credit.
So I see the tiny forum army/clique are banning together to attempt my statement was false ...lol I see the ref or two in there...gee I wonder why, ref's cant make mistakes dont you know ;) Anyhow .....what I said is 100% true, it has nothing to do with "not giving enough credit" and everything to do with reality. According to you clowns why give out an MVP?? Aren't you diminishing all the other achievements?? Why have rankings ....that might hurt some feelings ????( especially most parents that know nothing lol ) . Why pontificate who the best 106 in a decade or even ever was / is? I mean you'll have to validate it by who he beat, and how good the competition was. FACT. It's ok to say that a weight classwith several ranked wrestlers, or a cadet national champ ...is TOUGHER to win. It's ok to compare 4 xer's route to winning 4.......AND IN ABSOLUTE some had it much easier. And had some 3 xer's or 2 xer's had that same route ...there would be MORE 4 xer's...END OF STORY. Have a nice day :)

Last edited:
I dont agree with this. You win it as a freshman and now you have a target on your back. Nothing is given and nothing is easy in this sport.
Right...however is it "easier" to beat an opponent who weighs less , or is highly ranked? or a guy who is 10-10 ? All state champs are not created equal..and either are 4 xer's. Nothing disparaging about that truth.

So I see the tiny forum army/clique are banning together to attempt my statement was false ...lol I see the ref or two in there...gee I wonder why, ref's cant make mistakes dont you know ;) Anyhow .....what I said is 100% true, it has nothing to do with "not giving enough credit" and everything to do with reality. According to you clowns why give out an MVP?? Aren't you diminishing all the other achievements?? Why have rankings ....that might hurt some feelings ????( especially most parents that know nothing lol ) . Why pontificate who the best 106 in a decade or even ever was / is? I mean you'll have to validate it by who he beat, and how good the competition was. FACT. It's ok to say that a weight classwith several ranked wrestlers, or a cadet national champ ...is TOUGHER to win. It's ok to compare 4 xer's route to winning 4.......AND IN ABSOLUTE some had it much easier. And had some 3 xer's or 2 xer's had that same route ...there would be MORE 4 xer's...END OF STORY. Have a nice day :)
Your right. Seth Shumate had a cakewalk through that D1 195 lb. bracket as a freshman.
Your right. Logan Stieber and David Taylor had a cakewalk, the only reason they won as freshmen was the fact that there brackets were easy. It had nothing to do with ability. LOL. BTW David Taylor was the first freshman to win ironman. Must have been a weak bracket as well.
I could go on and on.
FWIW, we are banning together in an attempt to prove you false. This is an intervention.
Maybe you should start following bowling. Because you don't understand wrestling.

Your right. Seth Shumate had a cakewalk through that D1 195 lb. bracket as a freshman.
Your right. Logan Stieber and David Taylor had a cakewalk, the only reason they won as freshmen was the fact that there brackets were easy. It had nothing to do with ability. LOL. BTW David Taylor was the first freshman to win ironman. Must have been a weak bracket as well.
I could go on and on.
FWIW, we are banning together in an attempt to prove you false. This is an intervention.
Maybe you should start following bowling. Because you don't understand wrestling.
You mention 3 guys? ( 2 which have far better resume's than most any other 4 xer's in Ohio) ...You know nothing about the sport to be in denial of the ABSOLUTE TRUTH of my reply. You have refuted ZERO about the facts of my reply......Perhaps you should go back to the drawing board ;) Here's a question if Taylor and Steiber would have been in the same weight class( Division) would there be 1 less 4 xer?? Hmmmm You'll figure it out.

Last edited: