What's the most you have ever spent on a concert ticket?

northwest07

To spin off of the concerts thread, what was the most you ever spent on a single ticket? Who, where, and maybe... why? Haha!

To spin off of the concerts thread, what was the most you ever spent on a single ticket? Who, where, and maybe... why? Haha!
Loaded question. Are we talking the ticket price alone or the final price paid after all the additional fees (processing, parking, tax, and whatever the heck else Ticketmaster added to extract its pound of flesh)?

Spent around $300 to see opening night of Dan & Shay in Nashville. As for why? Because my wife begged to be there.

$150 for Alanis Morisette. Smashing Pumpkins was in that ballpark, too, but I'm pretty sure Alanis was more. Don't think I've come anywhere close to those for other acts.

Paid $185 a ticket to see the opening night of the Anger Management Tour in Indy with Eminem, 50 Cent, Ludacris, and Lil Jon and the East Boys in the early 2000's. Would have paid double that.

On a value note, I went to Riverbend in 1999/2000 or so to see Creed and 3 Doors Down. On the way out after the show, they were handing out free tickets to see Charlie Daniels and Hank Williams Jr. a couple of days later. The show was on a weekday and must not have sold well for some reason. To this day, one of the best shows I've ever seen and it didn't cost me a penny.

I have paid north of $100 a couple times and understand that if you want an in demand concert you need to pay a little more up front. Now I love playing the waiting game and have found a good rhythm to getting a deal day of a show. Saw Tool a couple years ago for $25 when the folks sitting next to me paid over $100. Fees are a huge issue for me though and I wish like gas they just baked them into the price on the ticket, Ticketbastard is a poorly run company with lousy customer service and deserves little in the way of compensation for their services. Also the best $50 you can spend on a show in NEO is to get preferred parking at Blossom, it always sells out becuase once you use it you can never go back to the grass lots. By the way the engineer that designed the GA grass parking and the access at that venue must have been a hack. Been to a lot of venues and it is by far the worst parking experience, shame because inside it is a great shed and out of towners are shocked at how park like a concert venue can be.

I have paid north of $100 a couple times and understand that if you want an in demand concert you need to pay a little more up front. Now I love playing the waiting game and have found a good rhythm to getting a deal day of a show. Saw Tool a couple years ago for $25 when the folks sitting next to me paid over $100. Fees are a huge issue for me though and I wish like gas they just baked them into the price on the ticket, Ticketbastard is a poorly run company with lousy customer service and deserves little in the way of compensation for their services. Also the best $50 you can spend on a show in NEO is to get preferred parking at Blossom, it always sells out becuase once you use it you can never go back to the grass lots. By the way the engineer that designed the GA grass parking and the access at that venue must have been a hack. Been to a lot of venues and it is by far the worst parking experience, shame because inside it is a great shed and out of towners are shocked at how park like a concert venue can be.
Got the cheapest GNR ticket two weeks ago at the schott. Looked on TM the day off and saw like 5 rows next to the stage that were unsold...like 150 dollar tix. So....that is where we were . 15 rows from side of the stage. Thanks interactive TM site. Wasn't the only one who did it. Talked to a few others as well.

Was great having like 15 seats to ourselves in the row vey close to stage

I think I paid around $100 for U2, nearly that much for the Eagles and Coldplay.

Funny, those prices did not seem as high as $25 for the Stones in 1982.

Including fees and crap, I think I paid $100 to stand on the lawn to see Rush in 2004 at Germain Ampitheater (formerly Polaris, now a Golf Galaxy location). I paid slightly less to see them at Gund Arena (now known as "The Q" to you youngsters) in 2002 and slightly less than that to see Cash Money and the Ruff Ryders at the Gund in 2000.

Overall for the two days I believe I paid $200 for decent seats at Country Concert in Fort Loramie:
Eric Church
Thomas Rhett
Brothers Osborne
Thousand Horses
Cam
Cassadee Pope
Kacey Musgraves

Few more I think.

For one show: 150. guns and roses in Milwaukee in 2017.

Least: $25. Steven Adler from Guns and Roses band just last weekend. I would say I paid $15 too much.
Liliac was the open and they rocked though.

You guys have no idea what prices are these days. Shocked the hell out of me.

Harry Styles:. https://www.vividseats.com/harry-styles-tickets/performer/58299 Top ticket : $1516.00 in Cleveland

BTS at SoFi at end of Nov. :https://www.ticketsmarter.com/4855097/bts Top ticket: $8051.00 in LA. Celebrities can afford it.

2007 Led Zeppelin, London

Price: $14,700

In 2007, Led Zeppelin held a reunion concert to commemorate music executive Ahmet Ertegun. This show at London's O2 Arena wasn't just some opportunity for old bandmates to crash out one last gig. It was a gathering of one of the most legendary bands in music history to celebrate one of its largest figures.

And it had the price tag to match.

According to the band's own webpage, this one-time concert set a world record for concert ticket demand with 20 million requests to see Led Zeppelin take the stage one (quite possibly last) time. As a result it should be no surprise that when a seat came available for nearly $15,000, there was someone out there more than willing to pay the price.

Of course, there's these in comparison:

2015 World Series at Citi Field Price: $17,600O. This was the price of admission for a ticket behind home plate at the World Series.

Super Bowl 50 Top ticket price: $20,500

2010 NBA Finals, Game 7 Top ticket: $81,000

Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Top ticket paid: $40,900

Lunch with Warren Buffett Price: $3,456,789

Last edited:
What I always found interesting...
Garth Brooks, at face value, offers all the tix at the same price. If you are lucky enough to get in early enough you can get a top notch seat for a great price!

What I always found interesting...
Garth Brooks, at face value, offers all the tix at the same price. If you are lucky enough to get in early enough you can get a top notch seat for a great price!
That was how it worked for years, things changed when Ticketmaster went national in the '90s and used sports events as reason for dynamic pricing. they also basically took over the scalping business too, they get it in multiple ways.

Does anyone here remember Ticketron? As a kid I thought it was so cool that you could go to the local record store and buy tickets for a $1 fee instead of heading to the venue box office. Little did I know years later those fees would be 23% of the ticket price.

gd1985-06-25akgc422davismurtha_01.jpg

deadco_12-31-19.jpg

Browns and Bengals are still below tOSU football tickets. Additionally not only are Buckeye football tickets higher as an average but to access better tickets you have to give a donation to even have the right to purchase. Kind of a PSL for college football. And they don't have to pay the players, incredible.

Browns and Bengals are still below tOSU football tickets. Additionally not only are Buckeye football tickets higher as an average but to access better tickets you have to give a donation to even have the right to purchase. Kind of a PSL for college football. And they don't have to pay the players, incredible.
$$$ the big programs throw around is...interesting.
OSU just signed Western Michigan and paying them 1.9 million to come to the Shoe. West Mich in turn is then taking 500K of that to buy out their game at UC that same week.

but anyways.....

OSU had over 10K tix to some games already that were paid for but not showing up for games! That speaks volumes that some people would rather sit on the ticket/unable to sell it or give it away, than to go!

Some see it as wasting $$, and it is sort of true. BUT.....they also saved money by not going to the game.

$$$ the big programs throw around is...interesting.
OSU just signed Western Michigan and paying them 1.9 million to come to the Shoe. West Mich in turn is then taking 500K of that to buy out their game at UC that same week.

but anyways.....

OSU had over 10K tix to some games already that were paid for but not showing up for games! That speaks volumes that some people would rather sit on the ticket/unable to sell it or give it away, than to go!

Some see it as wasting $$, and it is sort of true. BUT.....they also saved money by not going to the game.
You can get 50 yard line seats at Ohio for like $60. That's $60 for the entire season... They do get you with like a $300 "donation" for a parking pass...

My wife and I (both in our 60's) have established $100/ticket as our limit for many years. We have discussed raising that amount, but as of today we have held our ground. We have missed many big time acts due to this restriction, but we have also seen many great bands that may not be as popular as the big ticket groups. With that said, the most we have paid is $99 to see Springsteen at the Schott.

You can get 50 yard line seats at Ohio for like $60. That's $60 for the entire season... They do get you with like a $300 "donation" for a parking pass...
I always wonder why folks that like live football don't go to more MAC, FCS, Div II, or Div III games? On a whim I went to see the local Div III team, John Carroll, this past Saturday and saw some good football in a great setting. Nothing like the sites and sounds of live football game, in particular hearing the sound of pads popping. Also getting a full view of the field with ability to get a piss in during change of possession and only miss a couple plays beats a NFL of BCS type game. Finally the play is much sharper than HS ball, even at the Div III level. Much fewer stupid mental mistakes and limited playbooks.

I always wonder why folks that like live football don't go to more MAC, FCS, Div II, or Div III games? On a whim I went to see the local Div III team, John Carroll, this past Saturday and saw some good football in a great setting. Nothing like the sites and sounds of live football game, in particular hearing the sound of pads popping. Also getting a full view of the field with ability to get a piss in during change of possession and only miss a couple plays beats a NFL of BCS type game. Finally the play is much sharper than HS ball, even at the Div III level. Much fewer stupid mental mistakes and limited playbooks.
It isnt as 'cool' to post on their myspace page going to those games, unless your kid/sibling is playing I suppose.

Also, I believe most people like to attend games when they have an interest such as their team, someone they know on the team/school, etc.

We have gone to some UC games over the years when tix were easy to come by.

Lower cost doesn't make up for empty stadiums and bad food. You're still paying over $20 plus parking for a MAC game, though you can often find someone giving away an unused. I gladly pay season for UToledo because I'm a fan of The Rockets but wouldn't pay $20 to see another team of that level just because it was college, unless I knew the atmosphere was going to make it worthwhile.