What's going on in the world

This does not bode well for the democrats and Biden's open borders policies. Note that 77% want little or no immigration. Biden's polices are basically geared towards the 23% of Americans who want a "high level" of immigration.

1619630702819.png

Isn't it funny how rarely these announcements came out during the Trump administration and how often they're coming out in the first 100 days of the Biden administration? It's like Biden told US manufacturers that a new sheriff is in town and it's okay to move production out of America again.

A schism has opened between US business and Republicans
Roger Altman May 2 2021
A schism has opened up between the Republican party and US business. It began last month when Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines and other large companies condemned a Republican sponsored law that would restrict voting in Georgia. American Airlines and Dell then objected to a similar proposed law in Texas. Mitch McConnell, Republican senate leader, warned the companies to “stay out of politics”. Marco Rubio called them “woke corporate hypocrites”.

These attacks are surprising, to say the least. US business and national Republican leadership, who often share a belief in low taxes and limited regulation, have supported each other for decades. In fact, research shows that around 60 per cent of US chief executives who make political donations do so to Republican candidates. Even so, Republicans’ bitter backlash to corporate criticism about these laws shows a deep misunderstanding of modern companies and what makes them tick.

The facts of both laws are that they would make voting access harder — in Georgia’s case by cutting the number of days to request an absentee ballot, requiring state IDs to submit them, shrinking the number of ballot drop boxes and banning mobile voting. That Texas will gain two congressional seats following the 2020 census only increases its law’s potential significance. Their restrictions have outraged civil rights leaders and prompted Coca-Cola’s CEO to call the Georgia law “wrong” and Delta Air Lines’ CEO to say it is “based on a lie”.

To claim, as some conservatives have, that it is nonsensical for companies to oppose the law as it does not affect them is incorrect. Nor is it true that, by condemning it, companies have allied with the Democrats and thus acted against their own profitmaking interests and shareholders.

Why? The simple reason is that companies’ employees and consumers have changed. The millennial generation, those between 25 and 40 years old today, is the largest group in both categories. Numerous surveys also show that millennials have more progressive and active views on racial and political issues than previous generations, such as baby boomers or Generation X. Unless millennials’ views change, the companies’ positions won’t either.

Let’s quantify this shift in attitudes. According to the US census, millennials became the largest living generation in 2019. By 2050, according to the Pew Research Center, there will be about 25m more millennials than any predecessor generation. Already today, millennials account for 35 per cent of the US labour force; by 2029, they are projected to account for as much as 75 per cent of the global labour force. Much the same dynamic applies to consumers. Millennial consumers spend close to $400bn every year, Epsilon estimates.

Some of the strongest characteristics of millennials are that they tend to be more racially diverse, more convinced of racial discrimination and more inclined to back Democrats. According to Pew, they are 43 per cent non-white and “stand out for . . . [their] liberal views.” In a 2018 survey, 52 per cent of millennials said racism was the main reason black people could not get ahead, while 79 per cent believed immigration strengthened the country.

The point here is that many of Coca-Cola’s and other companies’ employees would object if they stayed silent about the highly-publicised Georgia law. Any company seen as actually being supportive of it could also suffer employee defections. I see a similar dynamic among our own employees around the country, most of whom are millennials. They are more active and vocal than my generation was at their age; we weren’t even close. Neither we nor any of these protesting companies can afford employee instability and losses. That is why this law affects companies directly.

The split between Republicans and business has been brewing for years as Donald Trump and his followers have changed the party. Only four months ago, most Republican lawmakers stated their belief that the 2020 election was stolen. Apparently, they were unwilling to contradict those Trump supporters who believed this falsehood. They are also the most reliable Republican voters and want these new voter restrictions.

However, modern corporations operate in an empirical world and cannot endorse such illusions. Moreover, their employees and customers would not allow them to accept new voting restrictions in order to combat imaginary electoral fraud. Unless the Republican party can return to fact-based priorities like inclusion, its separation from the business community will only grow.

Isn't it funny how rarely these announcements came out during the Trump administration and how often they're coming out in the first 100 days of the Biden administration? It's like Biden told US manufacturers that a new sheriff is in town and it's okay to move production out of America again.

Lordstown disagrees. How about an update on his key successes at Carrier and FoxConn

Are you trying to say that Trump was not successful in his effort to have manufacturing jobs return and create new ones state side? The numbers say he was. The positive thing about Trumps jobs are they were and are private company jobs and not tax payer supported government jobs. Lets see Biden's results in four years.

How 'bout we start with the fact that it isn't really a vaccine. Then lets move to the fact that only a very small percentage of the population is at risk. This is actually knowledge, that for some reason your propaganda doesn't address? or take into consideration. Odd.

Just when it seems that liberals can't get any more batsht insane they give us..."birthing people." ?

A schism has opened between US business and Republicans
Roger Altman May 2 2021
A schism has opened up between the Republican party and US business. It began last month when Coca-Cola, Delta Air Lines and other large companies condemned a Republican sponsored law that would restrict voting in Georgia. American Airlines and Dell then objected to a similar proposed law in Texas. Mitch McConnell, Republican senate leader, warned the companies to “stay out of politics”. Marco Rubio called them “woke corporate hypocrites”.

These attacks are surprising, to say the least. US business and national Republican leadership, who often share a belief in low taxes and limited regulation, have supported each other for decades. In fact, research shows that around 60 per cent of US chief executives who make political donations do so to Republican candidates. Even so, Republicans’ bitter backlash to corporate criticism about these laws shows a deep misunderstanding of modern companies and what makes them tick.

The facts of both laws are that they would make voting access harder — in Georgia’s case by cutting the number of days to request an absentee ballot, requiring state IDs to submit them, shrinking the number of ballot drop boxes and banning mobile voting. That Texas will gain two congressional seats following the 2020 census only increases its law’s potential significance. Their restrictions have outraged civil rights leaders and prompted Coca-Cola’s CEO to call the Georgia law “wrong” and Delta Air Lines’ CEO to say it is “based on a lie”.

To claim, as some conservatives have, that it is nonsensical for companies to oppose the law as it does not affect them is incorrect. Nor is it true that, by condemning it, companies have allied with the Democrats and thus acted against their own profitmaking interests and shareholders.

Why? The simple reason is that companies’ employees and consumers have changed. The millennial generation, those between 25 and 40 years old today, is the largest group in both categories. Numerous surveys also show that millennials have more progressive and active views on racial and political issues than previous generations, such as baby boomers or Generation X. Unless millennials’ views change, the companies’ positions won’t either.

Let’s quantify this shift in attitudes. According to the US census, millennials became the largest living generation in 2019. By 2050, according to the Pew Research Center, there will be about 25m more millennials than any predecessor generation. Already today, millennials account for 35 per cent of the US labour force; by 2029, they are projected to account for as much as 75 per cent of the global labour force. Much the same dynamic applies to consumers. Millennial consumers spend close to $400bn every year, Epsilon estimates.

Some of the strongest characteristics of millennials are that they tend to be more racially diverse, more convinced of racial discrimination and more inclined to back Democrats. According to Pew, they are 43 per cent non-white and “stand out for . . . [their] liberal views.” In a 2018 survey, 52 per cent of millennials said racism was the main reason black people could not get ahead, while 79 per cent believed immigration strengthened the country.

The point here is that many of Coca-Cola’s and other companies’ employees would object if they stayed silent about the highly-publicised Georgia law. Any company seen as actually being supportive of it could also suffer employee defections. I see a similar dynamic among our own employees around the country, most of whom are millennials. They are more active and vocal than my generation was at their age; we weren’t even close. Neither we nor any of these protesting companies can afford employee instability and losses. That is why this law affects companies directly.

The split between Republicans and business has been brewing for years as Donald Trump and his followers have changed the party. Only four months ago, most Republican lawmakers stated their belief that the 2020 election was stolen. Apparently, they were unwilling to contradict those Trump supporters who believed this falsehood. They are also the most reliable Republican voters and want these new voter restrictions.

However, modern corporations operate in an empirical world and cannot endorse such illusions. Moreover, their employees and customers would not allow them to accept new voting restrictions in order to combat imaginary electoral fraud. Unless the Republican party can return to fact-based priorities like inclusion, its separation from the business community will only grow.

It's idiocy for any business, large or small, to alienate half of their available market.

Angry ? My BS ? I knew you wouldn't read it . It won't hurt your feelings or your world view .

Seems like Longfellow left out a word here . Shocking. Am I a car? How will I break down? I'm in pretty good shape , most likley I won't break down.
Not angry at all...that would mean I cared at all about what you say or think. Yeah got me, I left a letter out. It was worth it to see your lame Am I a car bit...lmao I'm sure you're not in good shape fatty.....And I should have been more specific, I don't want to read your bs....
I will let you watch your source of hard hitting news though.... :ROFLMAO:

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: Are you also getting DDS?
No , it's pretty easy to see what his Modus operandi is. Really clear to see what he's up to . I especially like the part where he goes months bragging how incredibly clean his election was run . The model for every state to follow. Yet he is making some big changes to the system? Hmm .Only letting Fox cover his fake ceremony. This is largely a political forum isn't it ? So talking about politicians is kind of what happens . I realize you and some others are here only to read others posts and troll them . The TDS DDS and mentioning that the people you troll are actually posting about the main political players as if it's something bad is kind of like not really participating at all . You seem to be stuck emotionally at about age 15 . Just an observation .

Not angry at all...that would mean I cared at all about what you say or think. Yeah got me, I left a letter out. It was worth it to see your lame Am I a car bit...lmao I'm sure you're not in good shape fatty.....And I should have been more specific, I don't want to read your bs....
I will let you watch your source of hard hitting news though.... :ROFLMAO:

No not angry at all .

No , it's pretty easy to see what his Modus operandi is. Really clear to see what he's up to . I especially like the part where he goes months bragging how incredibly clean his election was run . The model for every state to follow. Yet he is making some big changes to the system? Hmm .Only letting Fox cover his fake ceremony. This is largely a political forum isn't it ? So talking about politicians is kind of what happens . I realize you and some others are here only to read others posts and troll them . The TDS DDS and mentioning that the people you troll are actually posting about the main political players as if it's something bad is kind of like not really participating at all . You seem to be stuck emotionally at about age 15 . Just an observation .
Well when you express yourself as 8 year old in both content and delivery, you should expect others to respond to your level. In my case I'm really trying to help you not drool on yourself....