What Movies Did You Watch in July 2021?

The Mortuary Collection (2019)

Horror Anthology: A young woman answers a help wanted add of an eccentric old mortician and swap scary stories. The wrap around story was actually the best..... 4.5/8

School Tales (Thailand-2017)

Horror: Members of the school marching band explore the ghost stories of their school. The best part of this movie was early on when it became animated but after that it was just a lot of annoying talk and nothing really scary...... 2.0/8

Musarañas (Spain-2017)

Horror: "Shrew's Nest" .... Agoraphobic woman raising her now 18 year old sister shares a disturbing past as she spirals out of control. This one got a bit gory...... 5.5/8

A perfect movie for you, Vamp, now playing on Netflix. "Blood Red Sky" -- a jet liner carrying 200 passengers, six hijackers, and one unique passenger (and no, it's not Liam Neeson). Need I say more. 6/8

Last edited:
Chaos Walking: 4/8

A bit dull despite a very good cast. Not sure if it was based on a book but it needed a little something more to really get you interested. There was an opportunity for a twist ending that they didn’t go for.

A perfect movie for you, Vamp, now playing on Netflix. "Blood Red Sky" -- a jet liner carrying 200 passengers, six hijackers, and one unique passenger (and no, it's not Liam Neeson). Need I say more. 6/8

lol
would have been my first thought too.

I'll give that movie a shot.

The Wrath of Man (2021) 3/8 Guy Ritchie directed starring Jason Statham. A little disappointed in this one, but I also felt it was one that I need to watch again.

The Misfits (1961) 6/8 This could have been a disaster waiting to happen. Some interesting one-liners (When you win, you lose). Can't see Clark Gable without thinking about the cartoon with his character in it. Wondered if Marilyn Monroe's character was mirroring her real self.

Adoration (France-2019) ... 6.0/8

Drama/Thriller.... A 12 year old boy Paul falls for the new girl patient Gloria at the private psychiatric ward that his mom works at. He is told that she is very sick in the head and dangerous but she convinces him that it is all a lie so they can keep on getting money for her. Well, there is an escape and the journey begins...... this is kind of a coming of age film but disturbing as well that many will be left unsatisfied as it has no ending..... it just ends leaving the viewer to come up with it. For me that is not a problem as I don't need everything explained but I was left with an overbearing feeling of depression.

Body Heat (1981) - I remember seeing this when it came out. I had several friends who had just started law school and this film became a cause celebre, especially the "rule against perpetuities". Kathleen Turner is incredibly hot in this. I had forgotten about a young Ted Danson's quirky performance as a DA with allusions of being a great dancer. The type of film the term "neo-noir" was coined to describe.

6/8

Body Heat (1981) - I remember seeing this when it came out. I had several friends who had just started law school and this film became a cause celebre, especially the "rule against perpetuities". Kathleen Turner is incredibly hot in this. I had forgotten about a young Ted Danson's quirky performance as a DA with allusions of being a great dancer. The type of film the term "neo-noir" was coined to describe.

6/8

My girlfriend and I mutually decided to break up, and we decided to have one last date. We went to see "Body Heat" and it was very arousing film to say the least. Additionally, I had a Trust and Estates course in law school where I had to learn about the rule against perpetuities. In my three years of law school it was the most difficult legal concept that I encountered.

Spiral, From the Book of Saw: 6/8

The bulk of Spiral is entertaining but it was always going to be judged on whether it stuck the landing. While The WHO is slightly predictable (explaining why would be slightly spoilery), I thought the WHY was excellently done and you don’t see it coming. It’s only about 87 minutes long but that also doesn’t leave time for any fluff and fluff likely would have made the ending
more predictable. The last ten minutes are very captivating.

Last edited:
LA Confidential: 6/8

Bought this ages ago, finally got around to watching it as I knew it's a movie I'd need to watch without any distractions. Such a great cast, a few who weren't even stars yet but went on to be.

Pulp Fiction (1994) 8/8

Wedding Crashers (2005) 6/8
Love this movie. Vince Vaughn at his best. One of my favorite actors.

Welcome to the Riley's (2010) 5.5/8 Starring James Gandolfini, Kristen Stewart, and Melissa Leo. Good story and all three were excellent. Gandolfini and Leo play a married couple coping with the loss of their teenage daughter and their failing marriage. Gandolfini goes on a business trip to New Orleans where he meets Stewart in a strip club. He finds out she is a 16 year old runaway and a prostitute with no where to turn and decides to save her. Leo comes in as support and the story goes on. Worth a watch if you haven't seen it and one of Gandolfini's last roles before his untimely death.