What Movies Did You Watch in July 2021?

vamp2syd

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#4324 Justice League Dark (US-2014) ... 4.0/8

#4325 It Cuts Deep (US-2020) ... 3.5/8

#4326 Extra Ordinary (Ireland-2019) ... 2.0/8

#4327 Rabid (Canada-2019) ... 5.0/8

#4328 Le Daim (France-2019) ... aka "Deerskin" ... 5.0/8

#4329 Sacrifice (UK-2020) ... 5.5/8

#4330 Russian Bride (US-2019) ... 2.5/8

#4331 Redcon-1 (UK-2018) ... 1.0/8

#4332 Don't Let Go (US-2019) ... 5.5/8

#4333 The Voices (US-2014) ... 5.0/8

#4334 The Last Laugh (US-2020) ... 4.0/8

#4335 Perfect Skin (UK-2018) ... 1.5/8

#4336 The Pool (Thailand-2018) ... 4.0/8

#4337 Blood Quantum (Canada-2019) ... 4.5/8

#4338 Turbo Kid (Canada-2015) ... 3.5/8

#4339 La Liorona (Gautemala-2019) ... 3.5/8

#4340 Prevenge (UK-2016) ... 5.0/8

#4341 Nina Forever (UK-2015) ... 3.0/8

#4342 The Love Witch (US-2016) ... 3.5/8

#4343 Il Vicino di Casa (Italy-1973) ... aka The Neighbor ... 3.5/8

#4344 Il Tram (Italy-1973) ... aka The Tram ... 4.0/8

#4345 Sûîto hômu (Japan-1989) ... aka Sweet Home ... 4.0/8

#4346 Summer of 84 (Canada-2018) ... 5.0/8

#4347 We Go On (US-2016) ... 4.5/8

#4348 Fatal Pulse (US-1988) ... 3.0/8

#4349 The Mortuary Collection (US-2019) ... 4.5/8

#4350 School Tales (Thailand-2017) ... 2.0/8

#4351 Musarañas (Spain-2014) ... aka "Shrew's Nest" ... 5.5/8

Last edited:

No Sudden Move (2021) ... 4.0/8

Tried to be too stylish which got a bit distracting plus it ran a bit too long..... too muffled.....

Nobody (2021) 5/8 Tried to add some originality to the old guy that nobody expects to be a bad until he beats the crap out of you story. I thought it was pretty good. Definitely worth a watch.

The Tomorrow War- 5/8

Chris Pratt’s new movie on Prime Video. Soldiers from the future come to the present to recruit more soldiers to help fight a losing battle vs an alien attack.

A tiny bit predictable and maybe ten minutes too long but still an enjoyable watch.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part 1 ... 5.0/8

Was an hour into part 2.... when I turned it off, went to watch it the next day and it was no longer on HBO-MAX...... dang it..... just 90 minutes left....

Justice League Dark (2017)

Animated Horror: Supernatural villains, an annoying batman that says very little, members of the justice league, and some other strange but powerful characters battle it out in this dark animation.... 4.0/8

It Cuts Deep (2020)

Dark Comedy/Horror: Sam is not ready to commit to his girlfriend when an old friend or maybe not so pops into the picture which stirs up a dark secret. This one was just very awkward ... 3.5/8

Extra Ordinary (Ireland-2019)

Horror Comedy: Martin Martin has a problem with his daughter... she is possessed as a washed up Rock Star has put a spell on her. Martin seeks the help of a driving instructor Rose who has supernatural abilities. Not a big fan of silly horror comedies and this one is pretty well liked but I just could not get into its charm..... 2.0/8

Rabid (Canada-2019)

Horror: Rose has a terrible accident and must have experimental Stem Cell treatment that leaves her with a rabid side effect. This one wasn't that bad.... 5.0/8

Le Daim (France-2019)

Dark Comedy/Horror: "Deerskin" ... A man with severe mental issues obsesses with deerskin clothing to the point of spiraling out of control. This was a strange indie flick that you will either hate it or love it.... it grew on me.... 5.0/8

Sacrifice (UK-2020)

Horror: A couple arrive to a remote Norwegian island to claim an inheritance. While there something is a bit off with the locals in this Lovecraftian film. Really got into the atmosphere and just love these type of movies..... 5.5/8

The Russian Bride (2019)

Horror: A wealthy surgeon meets a Russian woman with a daughter on a website and convinces her to come to America and get married. It's a horror movie so something is not going to add up and that was the awful acting of Corbin Bernsen plus a plot that fell flat.... 2.5/8

The Ice Road (2021) 4/8 Meh, decent cast not a great movie. Liam Neeson at least played a little bit of different role than he has for the last ten years. He was a bada truck driver instead of a bada ex-military whatever lol.

Things Heard and Seen (2021) 2.5/8 A couple in 1980 leaves NYC for upstate New York to move to an old house with a sketchy past. This was definitely an artsy type horror movie that had some potential until the last 10 or so minutes and then it was completely ruined by the ending. Still not 100% sure what really happened.

Pumping Iron (1977) 6/8 - Documentary for free on YouTube about the early years of body building. Pretty cool looking back at guys like Arnold, Columbo, and Ferrigno. Arnold was destined for greatness. Ferrigno and his family made me laugh (in a good way).

Strongman (2105) 5.5/8 - Documentary on Netflix about World Strongman Brit Eddie Hall. Pretty fascinating seeing behind the curtain.

Fear Street Part One 1994 (2021) 4.5/8 Started strong with a nod to the Scream movies, got a little slow and goofy for a bit, then finished pretty strong. Definitely had a feel almost like a TV show and movie mixed together and seemed like something for kids/teenagers in parts. Looking forward to the next installment coming out Friday after the ending.

Redcon-1 (UK-2018)

Action Horror: 5 minutes I knew this is one of those piece of craps of no story, bad acting, and nothing but pathetic action scenes with guns, guns, guns and stupid dialogue. You know the story,.... military trying to weaponize something and we end up with zombies and stupid decisions..... blah blah blah .... 1.0/8

Every once in a while I need to watch something like this as it makes me appreciate everything else that much more!

Don't Let Go (2019)

Horror: A detective gets a phone call from his murdered niece which sends him on a torrent to try to prevent her murder.... 5.5/8

The Voices (2014)

Horror Comedy: Jerry is a happy go fella who believes his pets can talk to him. Everything is great until one unfortunate incident that leads Jerry to a new hobby. This one surprised me as how dark it got which is always a plus in my book.... 5.0/8

Bad Times At The El Royale (2018) 5/8 Second time seeing this, but I found it to be a little better this time around. Really good cast, maybe tried to be a little too Tarantino-ish, but overall entertaining. I just kind of feel like it would have been great had they connected the stories and the characters a little better.

No Sudden Move (2021) 4/8 - Meh. Another streaming service production gone bust. A dynamite cast cannot save this poorly written and directed nightmare.

The Last Laugh (2020)

Horror: A stand up comedian discovers that someone is wiping out the crew in this artsy slasher film. Not a very well liked film but I liked it and that is all that matters to me!!!! .... 4.0/8

Perfect Skin (UK-2018)

Horror: A woman goes missing after visiting a tattoo parlor. Could not get into this one at all.... 1.5/8

The Fugitive (1993)

An ER doctor is unjustly convicted of murdering his wife. He is able to escape during an accident on the bus ride to the prison and works to expose the real killer while evading the hot pursuit of US Marshals.

Saw this on my flight yesterday. I think I had only seen disjointed pieces, so it was great to watch from start to finish. Excellent blend of action and crime drama/mystery. Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones are both masterful as the protagonist/antagonist, respectively. Outstanding cat and mouse thriller.

7/8

The Fugitive (1993)

An ER doctor is unjustly convicted of murdering his wife. He is able to escape during an accident on the bus ride to the prison and works to expose the real killer while evading the hot pursuit of US Marshals.

Saw this on my flight yesterday. I think I had only seen disjointed pieces, so it was great to watch from start to finish. Excellent blend of action and crime drama/mystery. Harrison Ford and Tommy Lee Jones are both masterful as the protagonist/antagonist, respectively. Outstanding cat and mouse thriller.

7/8
And here I thought you would have watched a big batch of chick flicks.

The Fugitive (1993)

7/8
Tommy Lee Jones won a Best Supporting Actor for that role. I still think Val Kilmer should have at least got a nomination for his portrayal of Doc Holliday that year in Tombstone.

My Cousin Vinny 7/8 First bit, I was thinking it wasn't going to hold up to what I remembered. By end I was wondering how this never became a tv series. Too late? BTW: Sheriff got away with perjury.