What Movies Did You Watch in April 2022?

How It Ends (2018) 3/8 Forrest Whitaker and Theo James star in an end of the world action movie, where they set out from Chicago to the west coast to save Whitaker's daughter who James is attempting to marry, after an apocalyptic event hits the west coast . Whitaker and James don't get along so that dynamic makes the movie somewhat interesting, but overall the movie isn't great. Some decent parts, put the movie never really answers what is happening or why, just that it's really bad.

The Natural (1984) - Feeling depressed about the 2022 edition of my Redlegs and about the status of major league baseball in general, I decided to rewatch this film with my wife, for whom it would be her first viewing. The movie score is amazing. The story must be accepted as a fable, or a morality play. The nostalgia of a period when my beloved baseball was truly "our national pastime" is enough to make this one of my favorite sports movies. As Hobbs says, while sitting in a maternity ward hospital bed, "God I love baseball".

7/8

Watched The Batman. My kids LOVED the movie when they saw it a few weeks back, wife hated it, and I was somewhere in the middle. Could've done without the "white guys are bad" comment. And Bruce Wayne reminded me alot of Robert Smith, lead singer of The Cure, more than Bruce Wayne.

Blazing Saddles (1974) ..... 4.0/8

I know, I know but it just isn't my type of humor. I found it interesting that the sheriff was originally going to be Richard Pryor but because of his drug abuse they couldn't get insured..... Richard Pryor did help write the script.....

I know, I know but it just isn't my type of humor. I found it interesting that the sheriff was originally going to be Richard Pryor but because of his drug abuse they couldn't get insured..... Richard Pryor did help write the script.....
Agreed

It one of those things that the need to be seen liking it has outgrown the actual liking it I htink. Kind of like mega corp beer. BEER! Yeah its fun to yell BEER! and live BEER! but it's really only ok beer. Blazing Saddles is cultural humor. The old jewish (ashkenazi I think) vaudivlle humor. We like it because we were raised to like it but it's not really out-of-the-box inventive or clever.

Dawn Patrol (1938) - The story is of a war weary RAF squadron during WWI. It focuses on the role of the commander as he must send young, sometimes inexperienced, pilots on missions over occupied France. Errol Flynn plays the part of a "devil may care" pilot at odds with his CO, until the CO moves on and it then falls to Flynn's character to command and bear the burden previously held by the former commander. Good aerial scenes. The film is very similar to 12 O'clock High (1949) set in WWII.

5/8

Last edited:
Body of Lies (2008)

Spy Thriller. CIA agents team w/the Jordanians to track a terrorist and his group throughout the Middle East.

Leonardo DiCaprio, Russell Crowe, and Mark Strong.