What Movies Did You Watch in April 2022?

vamp2syd

As a horror movie junkie, I come across a lot of off beat Horror movies as well as the run in the mill straight to video. I will share my thoughts of the ones that I see this month. So, if you seen a movie new or old and want to share your thoughts go ahead, and if its horror, even better!!!!

I will edit in my horror views here with my rating scale on how I liked it.....

8 = Donnie Darko
7 = Excellent !!!!!
6 = Great
5 = pretty Good
4 = OK/Good
3 = not good
2 = Bad
1 = Unwatchable

==========================================

#4440 Southbound (US-2015) ... 5.5/8

#4441 Slapface (US-2021) ... 5.0/8

#4442 Scream 5 (US-2022) ... 6.0/8

#4443 The Deep House (France-2021) ... 5.0/8

#4444 A House on the Bayou (US-2021) ... 4.0/8

#4445 A Quiet Place: Part II (US-2020) ... 4.5/8

#4446 Spontaneous (US-2020) ... 5.0/8

#4447 Paranormal Activity 7: Next of Kin (US-2021) ... 5.0/8

<repeat title, -1>

#4447 Demented (US-1980) ... 2.5/8

#4448 Too Scared to Scream (US-1984) ... 5.5/8

#4449 The Boy Who Cried Werewolf (US-2010) ... 3.0/8

#4450 Jang-San-Beom (South Korea-2017) ... aka "The Mimic" ... 5.0/8

#4451 Rottentail (US-2018) ... 1.5/8

#4452 Scare Me (US-2020, Director Ruben) ... 2.5/8

#4453 The Pale Door (US-2020) ... 3.0/8

#4454 The Cellar (Ireland-2022) ... 4.5/8

Last edited:

Watch the Skies! (2005) ... 5.5/8

Documentary with Spieldberg, George Lucas, Ridley Scott, and James Cameron discussing the Sci Fi films of the 50's that influenced them. Pretty good but ended abruptly. I wanted more. Could not find this one on TCM but did come across it on Youtube. The 4 part installment has a much better quality then the full video......

The 355: 5/8

Not sure why it got such low reviews. It’s not a world beater but it has a very good cast who all turn in good performances.

Southbound (2015)

Horror: Anthology of 5 interlocking stories that all take place around a deserted highway. The creature in the opening segment is one of the sweetest designs I've seen in awhile. All the stories are solid and the wrap around though predictable was necessary and made for a great ending.... 5.5/8

Slapface (2021)

Horror: A young boy in a troubled relationship with his brother befriends a urban legend brought to life. Most will not like this film but there was something about this one that drew me in.... 5.0/8

Scream 5 (2022)

Horror: 25 years later and another ghost face has surfaced. New rules though in this one and can Sidney, Dewey, and Gale save the day or is there number up? 5th installment and this one makes pun at itself such as "the franchise went down hill starting with the 5th one" as well as some other lines.... I liked this one 4th best of the 5. Solid effort in one of the greatest horror series..... 6.0/8

X (2022) 6/8 A throwback to the 80's horror film with all the blood and gore you love in a good horror movie and plenty of T and A from the cast. It was a little slow getting into the blood and guts, but once it did it was fantastic. It even had an interesting little twist at the end. I think this one will be right up your alley, vamps.

Scream 5 (2022)

Horror: 25 years later and another ghost face has surfaced. New rules though in this one and can Sidney, Dewey, and Gale save the day or is there number up? 5th installment and this one makes pun at itself such as "the franchise went down hill starting with the 5th one" as well as some other lines.... I liked this one 4th best of the 5. Solid effort in one of the greatest horror series..... 6.0/8

I genuinely like all of them, though I'd go:

The Deep house (France-2021)

Horror: A couple travel to a secret spot in France to explore the ruins of a house on the bottom of the lake. This one is incredibly shot and while not a found footage film a lot of it is shot that way. It takes awhile to get started and I am sure they were limited to what they could do under water but it sure got creepy at times.... 5.0/8

A House on the Bayou (2021)

Horror: A couple and teen daughter head to a huge isolated house on the bayou where they meet an old man and his 18 year old grandson Isaac. There is something not right about them...... Anyhoo, Isaac was an amazing character and carried the movie.... 4.0/8

A Quiet Place: Part II (2020)

Horror: Following the events of the 1st movie we continue with what is left of the Abbott family as they move on with the alien threat. I did like the opening when we went back to day 1 of the attack. I wished they would of just stayed there. I liked the first movie but I did not think it was that great and this one is sort of the same feel. Parts I liked, parts I did not..... 4.5/8

This is one I always wanted to see and never got around to until last night after I read your post.

Argo = giant Star Wars rip off right?

6.75/8

I'm going to look up the one they showed being made, with the Minataur and two hotties.

Second time I've watched Argo and until I started looking through the cast list, I hadn't realized the hot looking Space Witch reading for "Argo" is Adrienne Barbeau.

Morbius....I dont really do the rating scale thing but it was entertaining. Not the best marvel movie, not the worst. Middle of the pack to slightly above middle of the pack.

Spontaneous (2020)

Horror: In a small town at Covington High School the senior class have a problem, classmates are spontaneously exploding for no reason. Fearing any day could be their last Dylan gets the nerve to ask wild girl Mara out setting off a romantic explosive relationship. Dark comedy that really did not know how to end but for the most part was an enjoyable but darkly experience..... 5.0/8

Paranormal Activity 7: Next of Kin (2021)

Horror: 1st thing first. This film has nothing to do with the previous 6. A completely different story. Margot, abandoned as a baby, recently discovers who her birth mother was and with the help of her boyfriend and another head out to Amish Country to try and learn about her mother. Once there everyone is hush hush about as she discovers something is not quite right. Lot of people apparently got confused by the ending but if you pay attention to the movie is is pretty clear cut what happens. Once you get it out of your head this is a stand alone film (Like Halloween 3) it will be more enjoyable..... 5.0/8

Wife used her Jedi mind tricks and got me to see The Lost City with her. Sandra Bullock, Channing Tatum, Brad Pitt...figured it couldn't be too bad...let's just say I'm glad I paid matinee prices and snuck in my own candy.

The Commuter: 4.75/8

Liam Neeson is pumping out a lot of movies these days, but I enjoyed this one. Nothing too earth shattering, a tad predictable (though also some red herrings).

A good watch if you like mystery movies.

Demented (1980)

Horror: A woman who was brutally raped has another encounter but is it all in her head or is it real. This one had its moments but was way too inconsistent in the leads acting. The storyline was quite weak..... 2.5/8

Too Scared to Scream (1984)

Crime Horror: NYC, high rise apartment.... tenants fall victim to a slasher. Detective Conners and Kate are on the case. This one plays like a Giallo and I love the interesting characters we get and an ending I should of seen coming but it got me!!!!! ..... 5.5/8