• Shortbread

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Peanut Butter

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

EagleGuy

What is the bestest cookie? And, what is your favorite Christmas cookie? One and the same? ?

A warm peanut butter cookie lightly sprinkled with sugar, fresh out of the oven.

It’s true, it’s true. Trust me …

AEW Champion: Greatness Personified

Unlike the other things, my favorite cookie seems to have more to do with who makes it. I do tend to stick to basics, the top three in the list. Of name brands it's either Chips Ahoy and a whole lot of milk, Oreos and a whole lot of coffee or Patrick Sandwich (lemon, strawberry or choco) cookies and a bit of milk and a bit of coffee.

Tie between snickerdoodles and chocolate oatmeal no-bakes.

Snickerdoodles are the most fun to make. My mom would always yell at me ‘cause I’d get a spoonful of dough, roll it in the cinnamon and sugar, then eat it. Love that raw cookie dough.

Everything cookie--has chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter, and oats
1638645016976.png

Rest of year, chocolate cookies w/ mint chips. Christmastime, peanut blossom, aka the peanut butter cookie w/ a Hershey's Kiss in the middle.

Grandma’s three Christmas bar cookies stand together on my gold medal platform - turtle brownies made with a German chocolate cake mix, caramels, pecans and chocolate chips
-half-way cookies, which are essentially a toll house base with a crunchy meringue top
- and her mint bars, a rich brownie base, sweet mint green center, and a bitter chocolate skin on top.
Shared title

Tie between snickerdoodles and chocolate oatmeal no-bakes.

Snickerdoodles are the most fun to make. My mom would always yell at me ‘cause I’d get a spoonful of dough, roll it in the cinnamon and sugar, then eat it. Love that raw cookie dough.
Yeah, I'm a no bake guy too.

Oatmeal raisin's sin is it looks too much like chocolate chip from a distance, so you get disappointed when you find out it's actually oatmeal raisin. Otherwise, it's pretty gangster.

Of these options, nothing beats chocolate chip. Shortbread can walk into the sea.

Oatmeal raisin's sin is it looks too much like chocolate chip from a distance, so you get disappointed when you find out it's actually oatmeal raisin. Otherwise, it's pretty gangster.

Of these options, nothing beats chocolate chip. Shortbread can walk into the sea.

not so fast…

GUEST_334daac1-b4c5-473c-a42c-053b3ccccf61

not so fast…
True, a slow walk into the sea might be better.

I don't get shortbread. Bland and dry to me. Must be something I just cannot taste. Like scones. I just don't get them, why they are liked. I can't taste them and they're hard as rock. Are you supposed to use them to sop something up?

True, a slow walk into the sea might be better.

I don't get shortbread. Bland and dry to me. Must be something I just cannot taste. Like scones. I just don't get them, why they are liked. I can't taste them and they're hard as rock. Are you supposed to use them to sop something up?

Have you had Lorna Doone’s? They are a bit different from normal shortbread cookies probably.

Have you had Lorna Doone’s? They are a bit different from normal shortbread cookies probably.
Yep. That's what I was thinking of. They'll show up occasionally by the coffee pot at work, then sit there for weeks. Used to also get them on flights I think it was. They were in little packages like saltines are at the restaurants.

I think there's probably just something I can't taste. They're bland. Vagaries of taste I suppose. I could eat peanut-butter and jelly sandwiches every day and put peanut butter on my hamburgers but cannot stand peanut butter cookies or candies. If I'm eating them, I'm being polite.

Last edited:
Cookie Lavagetto popped into my mind, and I could not resist.

Cookie Lavagetto, hero of game 4 of 1947 world Series stopped a no-hitter by the Yankees at 8 2/3 innings. He was pinch-hitting for Eddie Stanky.
Coookie Rojas played 15 years of major league baseball, also coached and managed several years in the majors.
Cookie Gilchrist, controversial professional football player, was AFL rushing leader in 1962 and 1964.

Peanut butter

Chocolate chip

Snickerdoodle

Thin Sugar with dap of frosting

All well done to get crisp.

Everything cookie--has chocolate chips, butterscotch chips, peanut butter, and oats
Yours is pretty close to mine, we call them Monster Cookies. M&M's with peanut butter and oats.

My second choice is a chocolate chip out of the freezer.

Third, some rich chocolate cookie, not quite gooey with chocolate but real close, topped with a sprinkling of powdered sugar and eaten 10 minutes after baking.

Only non-standard cookie I can think I like is those molassis cookies with the dot of red stuff in the middle. Ma used to make russian tea cakes for holidays. Always told her I loved those. I didn't. What's she gonna do about it now, she's dead. Take that Ma. I didn't like those. They were drier and blander than shortbread... what's that sound?..... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzttt

Chocolate chip and second place isn't close. My favorite are the double doosies from the cookie place at the mall with a fat slab of icing in between two of them. I do like me some thin mints and some samoas when the girl scouts come around.

The best Christmas cookies ever were the ones my grandma made. She use lard and they were decorated with red and green sugar and sometimes those silver bb like balls that were probably coated in chrome or lead...

def NOT oatmeal reason.

WHY in the hell do you waste a perfectly good cookie by putting raisans in t?