What is a good age for youth players to start getting one-on-one paid lessons?

One-on-one lessons at a younger age might not be the best idea, but small group lessons at a reputable facility with knowledgeable coaches that focus on the basic fundamentals can be beneficial. When my kid was 8, he took a couple classes called Hit, Run, Score at Pinnacle in Medina County. Coach Goddard from Wadsworth was the lead coach and he had some younger coaches assisting. One of the assistants was a kid named Drew Saylor (he went on to much bigger and better professional coaching roles). Classes were 45 minutes of skills/fundamentals, then 45 minutes of live game (coaches pitched). When they worked on fundamentals, it was the basics from how to hold the ball and throwing mechanics to how to run the bases. My kid got a lot out of the classes and has continued to find much success in baseball. Another kid that was in a couple of his classes is now a freshman starting SS at some big university in Columbus.....and his dad was a very well known and respected high school coach.

If I had to do it again, I would do the same exact thing. BTW, the cost of 6-weeks of group sessions wasn't much more that what one private lession would have cost.
I really do appreciate all the comments here.

I will have to check to see if the sessions at Pinnacle is still offered. Does that kid Drew Saylor now have a 8/9 year old son? if that's his kid he is going long way for sure - quite an athlete with good arms.

I have been watching many videos on YouTube. Now I mainly follow a gentleman named Dan Blewett. he seems to have decent advice in general. But most importantly, after reading all the comments here, I'm feeling a little better that the path I'm taking is actually preferred. So my young one is just going to have me as the main coach for another 2-3 years - :) - For those that are wondering I did take my 12 year old to a hitting coach for the first time last month. According to the coach his mechanics is "pretty good". so I'm sticking to my plan.