What do you collect?

Yappi

Go Buckeyes
I know that we have talked about sports cards on here plenty, curious what everyone collects on here. You can include sports cards but I'm curious about some of the other stuff.

Not really a collection like baseball cards, but I own a large number of movies. I’d rather spend $5 to buy one than $3 to rent it. I also have more than 20 family and friends who share/use my Vudu collection, so it’s something many get to enjoy.

Our family also has a large collection of Funko Pops just for fun.

Just like many young kids, I was all about collecting Topps baseball cards (some football and basketball, too), mostly from around 1966 to 1973. A nickel got you five cards and usually some bonus (sticker, mini-poster, etc.) and a hard piece of gum that we immediately chewed. We had all the big names: Aaron, Mays, Killebrew, Rose, Clemente, Gibson, Marichal, etc. and traded like we were owners. My biggest, most gut-wrenching trade: I gave up my Johnny Bench for a Mickey Mantle. Where are my cards now? Who knows? I don't. Lost after too many moves, I suppose.

As an adult, I have been collecting coins, primarily USA coins but some foreign. It's a modest collection with a few gold pieces and lots of silver.

My older brother has many collections from fountain pens to old political buttons ("I like Ike", etc.) to watches to Beanie Babies (yes, he collected Beanie Babies) to sports cards to coins to stamps to guns. His collections are extremely valuable (except the Beanie Babies, of course!).

Last edited:
Just like many young kids, I was all about collecting Topps baseball cards (some football and basketball, too), mostly from around 1966 to 1973. A nickel got you five cards and usually some bonus (sticker, mini-poster, etc.) and a hard piece of gum that we immediately chewed. We had all the big names: Aaron, Mays, Killebrew, Rose, Clemente, Gibson, Marichal, etc. and traded like we were owners. My biggest, most gut-wrenching trade: I gave up my Johnny Bench for a Mickey Mantle. Where are my cards now? Who knows? I don't. Lost after too many moves, I suppose.

As an adult, I have been collecting coins, primarily USA coins but some foreign. It's a modest collection with a few gold pieces and lots of silver.

My older brother has many collections from fountain pens to old political buttons ("I like Ike") to watches to Beanie Babies (yes, he collected Beanie Babies) to sports cards to coins to stamps to guns. His collections are extremely valuable (except the Beanie Babies, of course!).
:) I have two political buttons. One is an "I Like Ike", the other is "Bunker in '72 Chaos in '73 (with a photo of Archie in the center)". :)

Used to have a 6 pack of BILLY BEER, but dont know what became of it.

Actually I do collect something. Whenever I attend a funeral I always take one of the prayer cards. I've been keeping them for years in a little crafty looking box that has shells glued to the outside. Whenever I mention it to anyone they kind of get freaked out that I actually saved them.
I used to save my concert tickets when I was younger. I wish I had kept them all but I have a pretty good collection of my $6.50 concert tickets LOL

Actually I do collect something. Whenever I attend a funeral I always take one of the prayer cards. I've been keeping them for years in a little crafty looking box that has shells glued to the outside. Whenever I mention it to anyone they kind of get freaked out that I actually saved them.
I used to save my concert tickets when I was younger. I wish I had kept them all but I have a pretty good collection of my $6.50 concert tickets LOL
You and Junior Soprano;

I save coins with the birth years of my siblings, children and grandchildren. Since there aren't too many in circulation with my siblings' birth years anymore (although they do pop up here or there) I save coins of the years they graduated from high school. I only acquire the coins as change from purchases. I have been doing this for nearly 20 years and each person's jar has quite a few coins. No one knows about this collection. After I pass and someone finds them (they're not hidden) they can dole the jars out to the respective parties. I thought it would be a nice way to let everyone know I was always thinking about them after I'm gone.

I save coins with the birth years of my siblings, children and grandchildren. Since there aren't too many in circulation with my siblings' birth years anymore (although they do pop up here or there) I save coins of the years they graduated from high school. I only acquire the coins as change from purchases. I have been doing this for nearly 20 years and each person's jar has quite a few coins. No one knows about this collection. After I pass and someone finds them (they're not hidden) they can dole the jars out to the respective parties. I thought it would be a nice way to let everyone know I was always thinking about them after I'm gone.
That's a really cool idea!

I wish I had all my concert tickets, too. Queen (before they were huge), Led Zeppelin (1977 tour), Lynyrd Skynyrd (before the plane crash), Stills-Young Band (before Neil bailed out on Stills), Deep Purple, Joe Walsh and Barnstorm, etc. Mostly from the mid-to-late seventies, so $6.50 seems about right!

I wish I had all my concert tickets, too. Queen (before they were huge), Led Zeppelin (1977 tour), Lynyrd Skynyrd (before the plane crash), Stills-Young Band (before Neil bailed out on Stills), Deep Purple, Joe Walsh and Barnstorm, etc. Mostly from the mid-to-late seventies, so $6.50 seems about right!

Man, I’d love to see Queen in their prime.

I have a couple hundred old football programs, mostly Warren Western Reserve and Warren Harding, but I do have others. I found on eBay for $1 a 1969 Berea program with Jim Tressel as a junior and had him sign it several years ago. He laughed when he saw it and asked where on earth did I find it. There’s a whole page in there about his mom also who was the booster president.

Man, I’d love to see Queen in their prime.
Actually it was just before they made it big. February 1975 at the Palace Theatre (an old downtown Dayton movie theatre) which held maybe a thousand people. IIRC, it wasn't even sold out. The Sheer Heart Attack Tour featuring "Killer Queen." We sat maybe 10-20 rows back (too many years ago to remember exact details). Tickets were $4.50 in advance or $5 at the door (per Google). Kansas was opening act. My friend wanted to go and I said, "I never heard of them." He said, "They're pretty big in England." We were both blown away by their lead singer...we couldn't take our eyes off of him. Freddie something, I think his name was. ;)

Great show. I'm glad I was talked into going!

6" Horror Action Figures

55-57 Chevy Die Cast 1:24 as well as classic/muscle cars 1:64 scale I think..... the size of a typical hot wheel car but there not hot wheels.....

One day I will event a ray that will make them life size and drive a different one every day!!!!!!!!!!!!

I kept a lot of ticket stubs myself......

6" Horror Action Figures
When I was about 7 or 8, my same-aged neighbor friend had four large (approx. 10-12") horror statuettes (before they were called action figures)...The Mummy, Frankenstein's monster, The Wolfman and The Creature from the Black Lagoon. I was fascinated by them but also pretty frightened of them. He slept with them every night in his bedroom and that freaked me out! There was no way that I would have done that!

I have a couple hundred old football programs, mostly Warren Western Reserve and Warren Harding, but I do have others. I found on eBay for $1 a 1969 Berea program with Jim Tressel as a junior and had him sign it several years ago. He laughed when he saw it and asked where on earth did I find it. There’s a whole page in there about his mom also who was the booster president.
Same. I have been collecting football (and some basketball) programs for over 40 years. Got some cool older ones off of eBay.

I also collect college football and HS football mini helmets (5" replicas).

I have a bunch of old maps as well. Mostly nautical (Lake Erie Islands the Tampa Bay area and SW Florida).