What class showed there support best?

Fat Daddie

The class of 1992 had one of the best groups. We would take it to the next level as far as B-ball goes. We were known best for "taking the best players out of there game." This is a quote from Larry Taylor coach of the Jackson Polar bears. Who came up to us and thanked us for that after a game in witch we beat them.

From 2005 to 2007 Alliance lost 2 home games with The Cockpit in the stands, both coming in the first year ('05). To this day that streak still stands.

We took it over the top and more with some of the chants and themes. We developed a bit of tradition there as well that was brought back from year ago...the famous "scoreboard" chant at the end of every game was hands down the highlight of my days in the stands. If there were one part of High school I would trade anything for it would be this.

I remember all of the problems AD Silverthorn used to cause us and we always always always stood our ground and refused to give in to his BS. He never understood "school spirit" because he cared too much about his reputation. It wasn't until last basketball season when you could witness the true faith behind the students when they tried to change the name. A petition was made to change it back, students boycotted the games, and by the time football season was over the kids got their name back. Being in the cockpit meant more than being a part of the student section, it became a way of life for many and still is to this day. I come back from school and a bunch of us go to the games and it is weird not sitting in section 5.

I've heard stories about "The Shiek" and guys from the 80's and early 90's...but I would take my guys into battle with anyone and feel confident we would come out on top.

cockpit crazy for life!

the 92 class and bushmans class are much of the same animal, I only wish they would have let us on the floor, the chant "wake up blue seats" still rings in my ears, We would Take Over other people's court's, lol that was fun

the 92 class and bushmans class are much of the same animal, I only wish they would have let us on the floor, the chant "wake up blue seats" still rings in my ears, We would Take Over other people's court's, lol that was fun

You could come to the floor and we would have owned you 1 on 1!!! :stirthepot:

I was partt of the '92 class heckling. It was great. We learm=ned many things from the mid 80's class called the "brew crew". Many of the same chants and cheers that the cockpit did I can remember from the brew crew and the '92 class. I definately wish we could of sat in the blue seats. BBall games would of been out of hand. Most likely we would not of graduated because we most likely would of got arrested.

I was partt of the '92 class heckling. It was great. We learm=ned many things from the mid 80's class called the "brew crew". Many of the same chants and cheers that the cockpit did I can remember from the brew crew and the '92 class. I definately wish we could of sat in the blue seats. BBall games would of been out of hand. Most likely we would not of graduated because we most likely would of got arrested.

HAHA -WAKE UP BLUE SEATS

once again the "brew crew" to the "6th Man" of 92 to the Cockpit Crazy's WE held COURT home and away we just passed thing down hopefully some fine young men step up to fill OUR shoe's the winter and rise a lil you know.
one of the best things was the ref stoping the game at perry LOL, and telling us to stop HAHA, YOU GEEK!!!!

Back doing the tournament run "82-'83 team, the student body had pep squad (can't remember the name ) but was led by the "Sheik"...This group was good and used to practice their cheers after school....there were about 200 students...intimidating !!!

Back doing the tournament run "82-'83 team, the student body had pep squad (can't remember the name ) but was led by the "Sheik"...This group was good and used to practice their cheers after school....there were about 200 students...intimidating !!!

I want to meet this "sheik" guy. Does he still live in Alliance? As a former leader it would be an honor to meet someone I have heard so much about

82 student section was called CORE - coordinated outrageous rediculous events and the shek was the one and only Andre Dordea

82 student section was called CORE - coordinated outrageous rediculous events and the shek was the one and only Andre Dordea

Not the one and only! Doug Owens was the "original" Sheik in '82! Was a great tournament run, and having over 200 fans there to support you made it even better!! "Them were the days".....Not sure whatever happen to Doug, but pretty sure he isn't in the area. I know he had family in Calif., he may of went there.....Would love to know for sure though!....After Doug graduated in '82, Andre took over. The fans took up the entire side of the bleachers, and then some.....It was standing room only back in them days. We had the pep band too, and everything was synchronized together!! Yep, those were the days!!

Not the one and only! Doug Owens was the "original" Sheik in '82! Was a great tournament run, and having over 200 fans there to support you made it even better!! "Them were the days".....Not sure whatever happen to Doug, but pretty sure he isn't in the area. I know he had family in Calif., he may of went there.....Would love to know for sure though!....After Doug graduated in '82, Andre took over. The fans took up the entire side of the bleachers, and then some.....It was standing room only back in them days. We had the pep band too, and everything was synchronized together!! Yep, those were the days!!

Well someone needs to get Doug Owens and Andre Dordea and see what they are up to these days lol

"porkchop porkchop, greasy greasy...Marlington girls are ____ ____!!!"

The greatest chant of all time!!!!!!!!!
I do not remember where the class of '92 heard it, but we used it a few times. I know the cockpit used it for the WB game the one year and that pain in the %&# cheerleader that year ratted them out.

i gotta go with my man bushman on this one
the cockpit would own on anyone in any battle
weather its the usuall 6 people yelling which eventually turns into
16..26..and eventually a ok portion of our student body
were at every game every min of every quarter.. home games some of us are even there for the second half of the jv games... how many student sections do you see at a JV game? thank you =]
and as far as the greatest chant?...well i was humble enough to except the passing down of leading the "scoreboard" chant and will continue that tradition on this season and i must say.. its one of the greatest honors.. especially coming from one cockpit to another.
cockpit crazies for life!

i gotta go with my man bushman on this one
the cockpit would own on anyone in any battle
weather its the usuall 6 people yelling which eventually turns into
16..26..and eventually a ok portion of our student body
were at every game every min of every quarter.. home games some of us are even there for the second half of the jv games... how many student sections do you see at a JV game? thank you =]
and as far as the greatest chant?...well i was humble enough to except the passing down of leading the "scoreboard" chant and will continue that tradition on this season and i must say.. its one of the greatest honors.. especially coming from one cockpit to another.
cockpit crazies for life!

The cockpit is one of the only student sections I have ever seen to have about 10 people in the stands and shut down opposing sections of 50 or 60 people.
My favorite games were the "woodwork" games when EVERYONE would show up (West Branch & Marlington). We would have to fold down the first couple rows of blueseats to make room for more students in the standing room only section 5. When everyone showed up, there was no school louder than us...when it was the typical 15 or 20 people, we still put up a good fight with knockout blows about the school, cheerleaders, or the typical fat kid in the student section.

One thing I was gladd to be a part of was February 2, 2007. It was "Harry Never Fails" night and they were naming the gym after him. We were also showing our respects for Sebring's fallen Trojan Jake Scott, while honoring the late Steve Gansel. I remember teaming up with the cheerleaders who were able to make a "Harry Never Fails" sign to put up in front of the student section, while myself and a few others made cut out Harry heads on a stick for everyone who sat in the blue seats. It took so much time to do, and I will honestly say the test I failed that week was well worth it on this night. It was a magical night for me being a part of something like that for such a great person, while paying respects for 2 special families in the area.

i think the cockpit was the only section to go to volleyball games girls bball and even tailgating at soccer games....

i still have my js and sg armbands...

We were better :stirthepot:

I experienced BOTH.....You were GOOD, with the potentional of being better. Your lack of support from other students, and from your own system though is what hurt you in the long run....BUT, the CORE was better! Their numbers were LARGE, and they were LOUD!..and they had the support. Sad to say it, but YOUR OWN AD killed you.

I experienced BOTH.....You were GOOD, with the potentional of being better. Your lack of support from other students, and from your own system though is what hurt you in the long run....BUT, the CORE was better! Their numbers were LARGE, and they were LOUD!..and they had the support. Sad to say it, but YOUR OWN AD killed you.

Just play your french horn and call it a day :stirthepot: