What are you watching?

The White Lotus (HBO MAX series)

Jennifer Coolidge (aka Stifler's Mom) and others are vacationing at another White Lotus resort. This one's in Sicily.

Started The Boys. Pretty good. A bit brutal but the writing is all around solid. Karl Urban is great as usual
Did you know Homelander is supposed to represent Trump?

B927C819-B78B-4207-9F35-4AEC9FC6CE87.png

But beyond them hammering that point, it’s a good show. Sex and extreme violence are cool,

Ipcress Files: Based on the novel. Nothing terribly new in story. If you like spy tv and period pieces they do this well. You'll feel like you're in the 60s. The characters are fun. Have to get an ear for the English accents and over-look the attempts at American, German and French accents.

Wednesday: Morticia and Gomez are horribly cast or directed or something. Zero chemistry or charisma from either Zeta-Jones or Luis Gusman, both whom I normally like. The rest I thought well cast, the sets a terrrific and Thing brings the proper humor. Story is average scooby-do.

1899: haven't gotten into it yet. I'll give it a another episode or two.

Wednesday: Morticia and Gomez are horribly cast or directed or something. Zero chemistry or charisma from either Zeta-Jones or Luis Gusman, both whom I normally like. The rest I thought well cast, the sets a terrrific and Thing brings the proper humor. Story is average scooby-do.

I struggled with the first episode of 1899, though being sick surely didn't help. I stopped halfway through the first episode.

I agree about Guzman, odd choice. However, A+ acting from the actress playing Wednesday.

“Attack of the Hollywood Cliches” on Netflix

I’m really torn watching this. They bring up great examples, but they are also ripping apart many movies that I love.

Anyhone else watch Outer Range on Prime Video. Verfy strange. It was 8 episodes and I'm not sure if they were leaving it open for another season or not. Not sure I'd watch another season. You tend to start disliking the main character Royal.

Good Night Oppy…on Amazon Prime.

A documentary on the Opportunity and Spirit rovers, which explored Mars. They were separately launched by NASA in the summer of 2003 (2 rovers to address high probability of failure, crash, malfunction, etc.). They both successfully landed on Mars in January 2004. They were designed to ”live” for 90 days. Spirit lived on for about six years (2010). Opportunity explored for almost 15 years, until 2018.

Really extraordinary stuff. A monumental achievement and very entertaining as well. About 100 minutes…