What are you watching?

Thanks, I'll follow up with more patience.
I can’t say there’s too many likable characters, but Kate Winslet is so good in her role. The rest of the cast is good too, but she really dominates the show. And she’s good bc her character is grounded in reality, she’s not some Mary Sue that can do everything and has no flaws.

Finally got around to watching House of Cards. My wife and I have been binging on this the past few weeks and will begin the last season tomorrow night. It's a bit disturbing because I believe it's closer to the truth than we'd all like to admit.

I swear it's loosely patterned on Hillary & Bill except that Bill wasn't gay.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire
"Papas got a brand new excuse" episode, one of the saddest scenes in sitcom history, especially with no deaths.

The Fresh Prince of Bel Aire
"Papas got a brand new excuse" episode, one of the saddest scenes in sitcom history, especially with no deaths.
His dad didn’t comeback bc he heard Will’s first rap album and was so ashamed, he disowned him.

Finally got around to watching House of Cards. My wife and I have been binging on this the past few weeks and will begin the last season tomorrow night. It's a bit disturbing because I believe it's closer to the truth than we'd all like to admit.

I swear it's loosely patterned on Hillary & Bill except that Bill wasn't gay.
don’t bother with the last season after Spacey was fired.

don’t bother with the last season after Spacey was fired.
We finished it on Monday and you're right season 6 wasn't even close to the previous 5 in quality. I think part of the issue was they really didn't know how to handle writing about a strong woman in a leadership position. There were also too many loose ends so their answer was just to kill off people LOL which probably is more like real life than we'd like to admit(again pattertned after the Clintons, their death list is quite coincidental when you read through it).

We finished it on Monday and you're right season 6 wasn't even close to the previous 5 in quality. I think part of the issue was they really didn't know how to handle writing about a strong woman in a leadership position. There were also too many loose ends so their answer was just to kill off people LOL which probably is more like real life than we'd like to admit(again pattertned after the Clintons, their death list is quite coincidental when you read through it).
Mostly, they were caught off guard with Spacey getting fired so suddenly

I have the last two installments of Ken Burns' Baseball to watch. Five more hours. Quite a marathon, but very well done and pretty comprehensive, even though he skipped Johnny Vander Meers' consecutive double hitters. It is a bit NYC centric but still very good.

Memorial Day Weekend ~ lots of War flicks on Turner Classic Movies

:>---

EGA

Memorial Day Weekend ~ lots of War flicks on Turner Classic Movies

:>---

EGA

Looks like a James Garner film fest. I think I'll go with
Sat: Above and Beyond, Destination Tokya and No Time for Sargeants. Some already shown so I'll have to dig them up somewhere.
Sun: The Hook. Never seen this, is intriguing.
Mon: ?

Last edited:
Mare of Easttown finale was great. I called the twist completely, but it was so well-done.

Winslet should get every award possible just for perfecting that accent

StartUp - good show. It has three seasons. A little nervous that it won't tie up well at the end as it looks like one of those shows that was cancelled while still being in the middle of the story. It is a cross between Silicon Valley/Breaking Bad/Weeds.

Mare of Easttown finale was great. I called the twist completely, but it was so well-done.

Winslet should get every award possible just for perfecting that accent
It was excellent. Sad to see it end, but better to go out on top than keep going and dilute the quality.

Just finished up season 1 of The Great. It's an occasionally accurate fictional story about Catherine the Great, on Hulu. Actually pretty enjoyable.

Seen any horse with big smiles?

Just started 11.23.63, I htink someone here mentioned it. I'm not a big Fanco fan but first episode was good enough to keep going.

Just started watching "Lucifer" It's an intriguing series and has some funny subtle humor laced throughout the first 3 episodes I've watched.

Looks like a James Garner film fest. I think I'll go with
Sat: Above and Beyond, Destination Tokya and No Time for Sargeants. Some already shown so I'll have to dig them up somewhere.
Sun: The Hook. Never seen this, is intriguing.
Mon: ?
No Time for Sargent's!! Hilarious!!!