What are you watching?

Star Wars: The Bad Batch

Thanks for mentioning it. I hadn't realized they'd started. I wasn't a fan when Bad Batch were first introduced. Too "superheroey." They grew but not enough I thought they'd carry a show. Wrecker and Hunter are the easiest to like and put front and center but I think they're in danger of over-exposing Wrecker. If they find a balance that includes the other 4, this might end up being the best one yet.

The first episode was terrific in everyway I can think of. I saw the characters as more being vehicles for something fans have been wanting to see, the start of the rebellion, than it is a story about just about them. And the new character provides eyes that see it all as many of us did when we first went to the theatre. I'm thinking of the last scene.

I'm up to the middle of the second season and hadn't noticed, but now that you mentioned it, not sure I've seen one.
I just figured as much as you don’t like white people you wouldn’t watch shows with too many white devils in it

I just figured as much as you don’t like white people you wouldn’t watch shows with too many white devils in it
Wow didn't realize I had hurt your feelings so bad, wonder what i posted that triggered you so. There is probably help for that somewhere, I hope you get it.

Just wrong!!!
It’s true, I remember that show. If they wanted to keep it real, they’d do an episode where Kaley Cuoco gets turned inside out by the football team, the younger daughter cuts herself for attention and the son has a heroin problem. Family sitcoms are lame, either do it right or don’t do it all.

It’s true, I remember that show. If they wanted to keep it real, they’d do an episode where Kaley Cuoco gets turned inside out by the football team, the younger daughter cuts herself for attention and the son has a heroin problem. Family sitcoms are lame, either do it right or don’t do it all.
o_O

Wow!! Not sure how that would play on ABC :D

Wow didn't realize I had hurt your feelings so bad, wonder what i posted that triggered you so. There is probably help for that somewhere, I hope you get it.
My feelings are fine ? funny though that you didnt deny hating those white devils

Jupitor's Legacy has been really good.
It's one of those next generation superhero type stories. Basically a nuke arms build up analogy. They avoid most of that superhero/bad guy fight rhetoric that almost no actor named Robert Downey can actually pull-off. Actors have been great, particularly one from Massillon playing one of the original heroes who has already been foretold as the prodigal child of the adults. Fight scenes are great. CNN reviewer complained it was too slow. Too slow here means they're not giving it all away in the first episode. That used to be called good writing, right?

Star Wars: Bad Batch is relying on the characters. Second episode is big fall from the first. Though still entertaining, they need to develop a story to give the thing purpose. Two episodes in and the team doesn't have a goal. At best, they're going to be the wandering hero. That won't stay interesting long.

FX keep promoting a two week Pride Fest and programming starting soon.
Soooo....looks like not watching FX for quite awhile

Star Wars: The Bad Batch. Still kind of directionless as far as the main characters. They're eye candy for the development of Saw Guerrara and seeing the transition from Clone Trooper to conscripts.

Sandman will be starting this year. I'm looking forward to that, hope it goes well.

The Fog of War: Eleven Lessons from the Life of Robert S. McNamara: about halfway through. His personal take on key parts of history he was involved in. Been interesting.

Boob tube has yet to be o today.
Worked outside all day, sitting on the porch with a fire roaring, listening to XM and watching folks go by in their golf cart or boats
. Will head in soon. Likely find family guy or impractical jokers..

Mom
The final episode, is Chuck Lorre the richest man in Hollywood, it seems I laugh at everything he puts on tv.

Mare of Easttown on HBO is really good. I’m bummed bc it’s a limited series and there’s only 2 eps left.

I must not have watched far enough. About halfway through the first episode, it seemed mostly a bunch of people trying too hard to not be likable. So I stopped watching.

I must not have watched far enough. About halfway through the first episode, it seemed mostly a bunch of people trying too hard to not be likable. So I stopped watching.
You’re missing out. IMO, it’s just a bit below S1 of True Detective.

Love, Death & Robots - Volume 2 on Netflix.

This is a great collection of short science fiction/fantasy/horror animations. Hard hitting with different animation styles. It's amazing what they can fit into 10- 15 minute segments. Follows the equally impressive & entertaining volume 1. Must see if you like science fiction.

Narcos - Mexico on Netflix

Great followup to the original Narcos. Some of the Narcos folks have cameos in this one.