What are you watching?

TV1: MN-Duluth vs UMASS NCAA College Hockey Frozen 4
TV2: Real Esteli Nicaragua vs Columbus Crew (Concacaf Champions League Round of 16 1st Leg)

"Battle Beyond The Stars" (1980). Cheesy space-opera, loosely-based on The Magnificent Seven/Seven Samurai. Starring Richard Thomas, George Peppard, Robert Vaughn, John Saxon - and Sybil Danning!

This thing screams "made-for-TV" from the casting alone, but I was surprised to learn it was a theatrical release intended to compete with the Star Wars craze, although on a restricted budget of only $2 million. James Cameron provided the special effects and set design

I noticed an intriguing blonde in this movie - no, not Sybil Danning, although she looks spectacular. The actress' name is Darlanne Fluegel, who I'd seen years ago playing Billy Crystal's wife in "Running Scared". Sadly, she passed away a few years ago, diagnosed at 56 with early-onset dementia.

Truthfully, it wasn't much better than the Battlestar Gallactica or Buck Rogers TV shows. And the overall look kept reminding me of a show I watched faithfully when I was a freshman in high school, with the best opening theme and visuals ever:

Last edited:
Caught the ACMs last night. That is how you out on a good ole family show in prime time....not that smut that was in a few weeks ago taking about WAP and dancers scissoring on the stage

The Prisoner of Zenda (1937)
with Ronald Colman (Major Rudolf Rassendyll and the "prisoner of Zenda" (King Rudolf V))
and Douglas Fairbanks : C. Aubrey Smith : Raymond Massey : David Niven

One of the best sword & pistol play films ever.

Remade in color (1952) scene for scene.

The offer...

The rescue...

The Border at the end...

:>---

Leatherneck

Looking for any sci-fi I might have missed since my youth, came across "Red Dwarf." Lasted a long time so figured it was worth a shot. One episode was enough.

Came across a series with a high IMDB, Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. Stupid of me to think he might be acting. I don't think we will ever run out of Billy Bob Thornton stereotypes playing stereotyped plots so the guy should work forever. The one-half episode should be enough.

Are they going to bring Bosch back or is that over?

The Food That Built America - Popsicle (San Fran) vs. Good Humor (Y-town). Always interesting.
Love that show.

Apparently some awards show was on last night for movies.
Saw an article blasting how that one black guy who died didnt win but the white actor did instead.

Didnt watch either movie but apparently a black guy who died should win it hands down....

Looking for any sci-fi I might have missed since my youth, came across "Red Dwarf." Lasted a long time so figured it was worth a shot. One episode was enough.

Came across a series with a high IMDB, Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. Stupid of me to think he might be acting. I don't think we will ever run out of Billy Bob Thornton stereotypes playing stereotyped plots so the guy should work forever. The one-half episode should be enough.

Are they going to bring Bosch back or is that over?

Goliath season 1 was decent then it got really weird, at which point I gave up.

I think Bosch has one season left then they plan to do a spin-off where Bosch goes to work as an investigator for the lawyer played by Mimi Rodgers.

Goliath season 1 was decent then it got really weird, at which point I gave up.

I think Bosch has one season left then they plan to do a spin-off where Bosch goes to work as an investigator for the lawyer played by Mimi Rodgers.
I like Bosch, hadn't heard about a spin-off....

Falcon and Winter Soldier, just finished the last episode, thought it was pretty good.

I thought it was OK, didn't really cover new ground artistically like Wanda Vision did. Basically it was something to set up some new story arcs for future MCU films with new roles plus good guys and bad guys flipping just to keep things interesting. Let's move the ball forward. What I am waiting for is a Marvel version of the films Logan or The Last Jedi. Some of the MCU characters have gotten to be battle weary and up there in age; I would love to see something that shows them in the "get off of my grass' point of their life. They have the directing/acting talent to pull this off, I am just wondering if the Producers want to keep things chugging along because it is easy and they have so much content signed up for the next few years over so many different platforms.

Started the Deuce on HBO Go, loving it so far. NYC in the '70s was an intense place where the only rule was there were no rules, visually they nail it. The David Simon dialogue is also stellar and I forgot how well he can play out a key scene and make it believable and not some overly produced Steven Spielberg like melodrama. Looking forward to it.

I thought it was OK, didn't really cover new ground artistically like Wanda Vision did. Basically it was something to set up some new story arcs for future MCU films with new roles plus good guys and bad guys flipping just to keep things interesting. Let's move the ball forward. What I am waiting for is a Marvel version of the films Logan or The Last Jedi. Some of the MCU characters have gotten to be battle weary and up there in age; I would love to see something that shows them in the "get off of my grass' point of their life. They have the directing/acting talent to pull this off, I am just wondering if the Producers want to keep things chugging along because it is easy and they have so much content signed up for the next few years over so many different platforms.
I was kind of hoping they would bring back some of the Netflix series they killed (i.e. Daredevil, Luke Cage, Jessica Jones).

Get off my grass :D

I'm half way through season 3 of NARCOS. I've been watching the first 3 seasons for the last month. This is an outstanding series and IMO it's better then Breaking Bad.

The guy that played Pablo Escobar was amazing.

Started the Deuce on HBO Go, loving it so far. NYC in the '70s was an intense place where the only rule was there were no rules, visually they nail it. The David Simon dialogue is also stellar and I forgot how well he can play out a key scene and make it believable and not some overly produced Steven Spielberg like melodrama. Looking forward to it.

I thought it was very good but it dropped off later in the series. At some point in season three I gave up on it.

Watched the 2019 documentary 9/11:INSIDE AIR FORCE ONE on the History Channel.

President Bush's day aboard Air Force One on 9-11-2001. Some fascinating tidbits of information!

Recommend.