What are you watching?

translation: I don't tell my kid what I did in college.

Enjoy your visit. tell the kid to avoid season 3 episode 9 of Person of Interest. I could see what was coming and stopped a couple episodes short, then powered on. It's really not the same show.
You are also right about the show changing. It became more about the battling AI's, but I did like the Dominic character they introduced, he wasn't an Elias, but he had his moments. A couple of interesting tidbits about the show, Harold (Michael Emerson) and Grace (Carrie Preston) are married in real life (that one had me and the Misses floored, because it seems like a perfect match). Side note, the lawyer Carrie Preston plays on The Good Wife and The Good Fight, Elsbeth Tascioni, one of my favorite TV characters . Sterling K. Brown's (who plays Det Beecher) romantic interest on this show, Carter (Taraji P. Henson), and the actress that plays his wife Beth (Susan Kelechi Watson) on his subsequent role on This is Us, both graduated from Howard University. As well as Carter's ex husband on the show Laz Alonso.

You are also right about the show changing. It became more about the battling AI's, but I did like the Dominic character they introduced, he wasn't an Elias, but he had his moments. A couple of interesting tidbits about the show, Harold (Michael Emerson) and Grace (Carrie Preston) are married in real life (that one had me and the Misses floored, because it seems like a perfect match).

I'm surprised I didn't catch that in my imdb search and I agree, perfect match. Being Carter's love interest was pretty much a red-shirt. Reading why they killed that character, they're saying someone had to go to make it real. I'm not buying that's the one they'd kill. I'm thinking it was a career move for Henson and she needed an out.

Night Court. One of my favorites so thought I'd give it a watch and see how it holds up. Beginning season one I realize I'd never seen it and probably wouldn't have become a fan. Wondering why I hadn't seen it, I then realized that was a year I wouldn't have seen a lot of tv.

Another unexpected, Markie Post actually preceeds Ellen Folley.... for one episode.

Night Court. One of my favorites so thought I'd give it a watch and see how it holds up. Beginning season one I realize I'd never seen it and probably wouldn't have become a fan. Wondering why I hadn't seen it, I then realized that was a year I wouldn't have seen a lot of tv.

Another unexpected, Markie Post actually preceeds Ellen Folley.... for one episode.
I was definitely a Markie Post fan back then. She recently had a recurring role on Chicago PD, almost 30 years later recognized her immediately!

Last edited:
Babylon 5. Still early in Season One. Not liking it as much as I recall when it first came out but better able to see the story build. Little hints even in early episodes.
I'm watching Babylon 5 on HBO right now. Really enjoyed it when it came out. Tried looking for it for years but it was never available.

The one issue I have with it is that so many of the actors/actresses have passed away. They weren't that old and the show wasn't that long ago but many of them are gone. No chance for a reunion/sequel with the same people.

I'm watching Babylon 5 on HBO right now. Really enjoyed it when it came out. Tried looking for it for years but it was never available.

The one issue I have with it is that so many of the actors/actresses have passed away. They weren't that old and the show wasn't that long ago but many of them are gone. No chance for a reunion/sequel with the same people.

When I thought to rewatch, I went to the wiki. I didn't recall there had been that many movies, so I'm including them in my watch this time.

I hadn't realized so many had died. Puts a different spin on the watching.

I've finished the first 3 episodes of Tribes of Europa on Netflix. It's a German TV series involving a post apocalyptic story. It's very good and the dubbing is excellent and not distracting at all.

I just finished the two seasons of the fantastic Anime Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. If you like anime this is an outstanding series. Very cool story that takes place in the far future after the solar system has been colonized and Mars has been terraformed. The thing about shows like this is just how good the story and characterization are. American TV could learn from the Japanese here. Also the dubbing is excellent.

Poirot with David Suchet as Hercule Poirot the series aired in the U.S. on PBS and A&E
on DVD / we bought the entire set (33 discs ~ boxed)

220px-DavidSuchet_-_Poirot.png

Hastings: Look at that view!
Poirot: Yes, well, views are very nice, Hastings. But they should be painted for us so
that we can study them in the warmth and comfort of our own homes. That is why
we pay the artist for exposing himself to these conditions on our behalf.

:>---

EGA

Last edited:
Nearing end of second season of Babylon 5, a scene in which one of the most insignificant and powerless characters became one of its most heroic and important.

Nearing end of second season of Babylon 5, a scene in which one of the most insignificant and powerless characters became one of its most heroic and important.
I always likes Vir. He was good comic relief. I remember this scene. I'm still on season 1 but look forward to seeing this storyline again.

I've finished the first 3 episodes of Tribes of Europa on Netflix. It's a German TV series involving a post apocalyptic story. It's very good and the dubbing is excellent and not distracting at all.

I just finished the two seasons of the fantastic Anime Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans. If you like anime this is an outstanding series. Very cool story that takes place in the far future after the solar system has been colonized and Mars has been terraformed. The thing about shows like this is just how good the story and characterization are. American TV could learn from the Japanese here. Also the dubbing is excellent.

Oliver Masucci, Ulrich Neilson in the show Dark, has a role in Tribes. Both shows made by the same producers/production company.

Krypton: does DC bad guys best of all the TV shows, though won't miss a Gorrila Grodd or a King Shark, let alone a Grodd vs. King Shark ep. on Flash. Downside of Krypton is there are no light moments.

Star Wars: The Clone Wars, picking up where it stopped a few years ago to wrap up the story. Excellent series.

Star Trek: Picard. Oddly, more comicbookie that either of the above. Some good characters but kind of a boring story line.

Disney is now streaming the original 2D Clone Wars under a Star Wars Vintage banner. Also includes a Chewbacca short from the infamous Holiday Special and some craptastic Ewok stuff.

I always likes Vir. He was good comic relief. I remember this scene. I'm still on season 1 but look forward to seeing this storyline again.
Great casting in this show. All the characters seemed to get some very memorable scenes to play and they did them well.

Your comment about the difficult real lives got me to googling. I was overseas for the first two seasons and only picked the show up because some friends I made after I came home were really into it. So I knew about the problem with them thinking they wouldn't have their 5th year to complete the story but never realized how the storyline was adjusted to help out actors that were having personal issues, even as early as season one. Straczynski was a heck of a boss.

A 1966 episode of The Ed Sullivan Show. Guests include Diana Ross & The Supremes, the Harlem Globetrotters, Gary Lewis & The Playboys, and Gary Lewis in a duet with Lainie Kazan, and two opera singers I'm not that familiar with. Hard to believe that was 55 years ago. America had talent.

Caught a bit of the Ten Commandments on Saturday night.
Still wish it was an Easter Sunday telecast.....

How low on the totem pole is NCAA women's NC game that they put it on at 6pm on a Sunday. Cannot even bump a regular season BLM, sorry, fat fingered, MLB game out of the time slot for one Sunday.....Turned it and say the last 5.5 seconds.

If ESPN really wanted people to watch, put it in primetime. I would have flipped to it from time to time if it was on at 8 on sunday night

Oliver Masucci, Ulrich Neilson in the show Dark, has a role in Tribes. Both shows made by the same producers/production company.

I finished season one of Tribes of Europa and can't wait for season two. Outstanding, very entertaining series.

start
Caught a bit of the Ten Commandments on Saturday night.
Still wish it was an Easter Sunday telecast.....

The wife turned it on at the start and we could not get through the credits, like the film they were sooooo long. Not very accurate and they play lose with the facts too, even the title is off>

Anyone else watching Falcon & the Winter Soldier? More of a traditional MCU piece in look and feel than the Wanda Vision series. I was not all in at the start of Wanda but by the end I was really digging it; not sure about the Falcon as the story, direction and fight scenes seem a little more played out and not covering any new ground. I will continue watching but for me it is a B- right now.

United States of AL
Comedy about a Marine that brings his translator to the US from Afghanistan. Really liked the first episode.

The Great Race (1965)

Nominated for OSCAR -Best Song ~ "The Sweetheart Tree"
(it lost to "The Shadow of Your Smile" -film The Sandpiper)
Natalie Wood's voice dubbed by Robin Ward

Robin Wood's 1963 1-Hit Wonder (#14 on Billboard Hot-100)

:>---

Devil Dog

Found a new channel, fetv, that shows classic TV all day, and has Wild Wild est on back to back from 12-2pm weekdays.

As I read the last two post, Rawhide is playing in the background. (DVR H&I channel)

Last edited: