What are you watching?

The original Muppet Show on Disney +

While not the deepest thing you will have seen on the small screen still timeless entertainment. The big news on this release is that disclaimers are being added before the start start of some episodes, not sure if they are needed because most folks know the '70s were a different time and place. The wife and I watched a couple with our mid 20s daughter and her boyfriend and they loved it, got a big kick out of the fact the comedy worked on various levels. I was taken aback by how uncomplicated the show was and how they got big name talent to basically share the stage and do skits with puppets. No way would you see a Beyoncé do a bit like this>

Didn’t hear one word she said in that entire video, but seriously, god damn, what a piece of a**
Meh...

Did she say something? Reminds me of the European girls in school who wore see-through tops - both layers. Yikes!

Meh...

Did she say something? Reminds me of the European girls in school who wore see-through tops - both layers. Yikes!

What school did you go to? I never saw that, but I went to Xavier and that’s not exactly a universally known college.

And the video is the same clip ran 3 times, but I never even noticed. She does have nude scenes out there from that show, they’re pretty solid.

UNC grad school (2005). I distinctly remember two girls. The first was from England, but had an East European accent, maybe Hungarian?
Skin like butter. She thanked me repeatedly for helping with her SAP HR project. ;) It was not on the day she wore that, but shortly after.

The second was a dark-haired German who told me after class on that day "I am gut". OM. I replied, I'm married. lol Guess I should'nt stare so much. :p

Next week on Penthouse...

UNC grad school (2005). I distinctly remember two girls. The first was from England, but had an East European accent, maybe Hungarian?
Skin like butter. She thanked me repeatedly for helping with her SAP HR project. ;) It was not on the day she wore that, but shortly after.

The second was a dark-haired German who told me after class on that day "I am gut". OM. I replied, I'm married. lol Guess I should'nt stare so much. :p

Next week on Penthouse...

I started undergrad in 2006, never saw any of that. Any way, another video where I didn’t hear a single word she said. She’s probably not a great actress, but when has that ever mattered?

The original Muppet Show on Disney +

...No way would you see a Beyoncé do a bit like this>

I think you might, in a few years. Their guest host list was probably a good 5-10 years older than Beyoncé. This show was big in college. I think the reason we weren't put off by the age of the guests is because those were people we grew up watching. Basically, I think they were targeting an older crowd with that show. Maybe a whole family. Kids would see skits one way, older folks a different. A lot of double entendre.

I think you might, in a few years. Their guest host list was probably a good 5-10 years older than Beyoncé. This show was big in college. I think the reason we weren't put off by the age of the guests is because those were people we grew up watching. Basically, I think they were targeting an older crowd with that show. Maybe a whole family. Kids would see skits one way, older folks a different. A lot of double entendre.

Granted there were legacy acts featured such as Bob Hope and Ethel Merman but the show also had more contemporary performers like Alice Cooper and Elton John. I believe the age variation is what made this thing work.

Granted there were legacy acts featured such as Bob Hope and Ethel Merman but the show also had more contemporary performers like Alice Cooper and Elton John. I believe the age variation is what made this thing work.

Cooper and John look to be the exceptions and they were still in their 30s. Not exactly young. Hope and Merman look to be more typical. I'm perusing IMDB. 50s-70s seems very typical. Much older crowd than I would have imagined based on my memories of the show. Multi-talented in most cases. Didn't hit guests in their 30s until third season. Season 4, Luke Skywalker is the first I'm thinking still in his 20s. Finishing the look, I'm thinking he was the ONLY guest they had who was in his 20s. Really surprised there was no one like the Jackson 5 or Osmonds. Would seem naturals for that kind of show.

Yes with Teri Hatcher who also played Allen Harper's ex-sister in law on Two and a half men for at least one episode. And yes i have probably seen every episode of Lois and Clark and Desperate Housewives.

Yes with Teri Hatcher who also played Allen Harper's ex-sister in law on Two and a half men for at least one episode. And yes i have probably seen every episode of Lois and Clark and Desperate Housewives.

I mean, I never really paid much attention to 2.5 men. I was aware of it, but never my thing. Same with Desperate Housewives and Lois & Clark. BTW, Teri Hatcher’s nude scenes are disappointing.

Checked out Sound of Metal on Prime, great film that is worth the viewing. I would suggest to make sure you have a good sound system or use head phones as the sound design is a big part of the film and really well done. The acting is also top notch and not just Riz Ahmed as the lead actor but also the supporting players.