What are you watching?

The Dig, Netflix . True story of an archeological find in England just before WW2. Just saw it was being shown at some local theaters as well.

Anyone still watching WandaVision? This weeks episode was a big one as far as the mystery unraveling.

Spoiler Alert>

It looks like the Marvel folks took some good Disney made Kool Aid and have decided to try a little cross breeding and maybe start a new direction in the Universe? I am not that familiar with the history these characters have together but since Fox is now under the Disney banner will there be more Marvel franchise co-mingling? I guess this is a good way to get folks to sign up for subscriptions so they can keep up on all the latest news.

Not actually watching...

Today is Lana Turner's birthday and TCM is showing a lot of here films today.
It's on the TV in my den & I am more like listening to them in the background.

She was hottie in the 50's & 60's
She used up 8 husbands!
died in 1995 @ age 74

Turner (light blue outfit) - film 'Payton Place'

Diane Varsi (dark blue outfit)
Russ Tamblyn as the Sgt.
Lee Phillips as the gentleman

This was a scandalous film in 1957

Turner (1969)
180px-Lana_Turner_at_ABC_Convention.jpg

:>---

SALT

Not actually watching...

She used up 8 husbands!
died in 1995 @ age 74

Russ Tamblyn as the Sgt.

Turner (1969)

SALT
^ I remember hearing this about the film. We saw it recently and thought it very good. Oh, what a difference sixty years make! No biggie today.

Not actually watching...

She used up 8 husbands!
died in 1995 @ age 74

Russ Tamblyn as the Sgt.

Turner (1969)

SALT
The Lana Turner staple in my neighborhood is Imitation of Life. Some say it should be required watching for all children in my neighborhood,,, now that I think about should make a good viewing for all during this month in particular.

Spoiler Alert>

It looks like the Marvel folks took some good Disney made Kool Aid and have decided to try a little cross breeding and maybe start a new direction in the Universe? I am not that familiar with the history these characters have together but since Fox is now under the Disney banner will there be more Marvel franchise co-mingling? I guess this is a good way to get folks to sign up for subscriptions so they can keep up on all the latest news.

It’s definitely interesting to see where this all ultimately leads.

Up to about Ep 17 Season 1 Person of Interest.
Showing more humor in the interactions, I imagine the actors working well enough that they're being allowed to riff and jab at each other as respected friends would do. Particularly a baby scene where I can imagine it can't be tightly scripted and everything has to wrap around what the baby might or might not do and the actors can only stay in character as best they can and say what they think that character might say. It's been hilarious.

Looking up the IMDB for a guest actor I came across another show I've never seen, looks like it might be interesting. Oz? Anyone recommending?

Season 2 Gunsmoke. Pretty much more of the same. I can only wonder how much even better these shows might have been if they'd acknowledged continuity. As is, each episode is treated as a separate movie with no bearing on the next.

In season 6 of Sons of Anarchy. Still entertaining but at times strains credulity as just too damn much stuff happens. One positive is that Walton Goggins has arrived, as prostitute no less. That guy is entertaining in every role he is cast.

I might watch this, if it takes place at Columbine High School in 1999. Where are Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris when you need them?

Up to about Ep 17 Season 1 Person of Interest.
Showing more humor in the interactions, I imagine the actors working well enough that they're being allowed to riff and jab at each other as respected friends would do. Particularly a baby scene where I can imagine it can't be tightly scripted and everything has to wrap around what the baby might or might not do and the actors can only stay in character as best they can and say what they think that character might say. It's been hilarious.

Looking up the IMDB for a guest actor I came across another show I've never seen, looks like it might be interesting. Oz? Anyone recommending?

The sketch of the kidnapping suspect in episode 17, priceless!

Oz had a lot of great actors but was too violent for me, didn't need that kind of mental trauma from watching tv.

"It's no wonder they never catch anyone with these things." Funny scene.

I'll probably give Oz a skip. Not what I'm looking for. Thanks.

The sketch of the kidnapping suspect in episode 17, priceless!

Oz had a lot of great actors but was too violent for me, didn't need that kind of mental trauma from watching tv.
If you want to scare troubled kids into going straight, make them watch the first season of OZ. Brutal.

That's tantamount to child abuse ?, but would probably achieve said objective.
It’s made me reconsider my stance on the death penalty. I know it’s exaggerated, but if life in prison is even close to that, it’s worse than death.

Oz is OK one time through but it is not a must see and it's not like you want to go back and revisit scenes. There are some really good actors/actresses in the series and it especially shows the versatility of JK Simmons. Dude can play everything, check out how many performances he is credited with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J._K._Simmons_performances
The Farmers Insurance guy, who knew he could be so cruel and sadistic, Oz not a pretty place.

Oz is OK one time through but it is not a must see and it's not like you want to go back and revisit scenes. There are some really good actors/actresses in the series and it especially shows the versatility of JK Simmons. Dude can play everything, check out how many performances he is credited with: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_J._K._Simmons_performances
Just eyeballing, I imagine he has to have the most credits of any Oscar winner in modern history.

The Farmers Insurance guy, who knew he could be so cruel and sadistic, Oz not a pretty place.

He actually has a couple of good understanding father roles. He is great in Juno and and an underrated film called The Music Never Stopped.

Playing an old game, Diablo 2. And "no," I don't care what you think of me. Waiting for the UToledo-BGSUcks game to come on.