What are you watching?

Nature (Cuber) to be followed by Nova. These are usually winter watches for me - when I remember - but, alas there are no good movies on tonight.

Cool stuff.

It’s a good feeling when you show your kids Die Hard for the first time and when it’s over they go “can we watch that again on Christmas Eve?”

Clemson-GT. It doesn’t seem like Clemson’s offense has improved from last season. It’ll be interesting to see if Clubnik (spelling?) takes over for DJU at any point in the game.

Best episode of She-Hulk yet? At least the one who feels most like the show they promised.
Saw a promo of ANdor, I presume youve looked more into it, but man.....it looks amazing.
I think this has a chance to be the best series yet as I, and many fans, wanted to see a series when the Empire was coming into it's own.
3 ep premiere...should be epic.

Saw a promo of ANdor, I presume youve looked more into it, but man.....it looks amazing.
I think this has a chance to be the best series yet as I, and many fans, wanted to see a series when the Empire was coming into it's own.
3 ep premiere...should be epic.

yea I'm super excited. Less than 2 weeks now.

it's shaping up to be a fun rest of 2022 for established IP's:

House of the Dragon
Rings of Power
Andor
She-Hulk
Cobra Kai
The Walking Dead
Willow
Wednesday (Addams Family spinoff)
Yellowstone
1923 (Yellowstone spinoff)

Best episode of She-Hulk yet? At least the one who feels most like the show they promised.
Not for me, I am just not feeling it with this show. To me it is just silly and they are forcing the action, where is this thing going? Also in phase 4 is there a decent male character? I guess Shang Chi but it seems so female focused to the point that the dudes are just silly side shows, Thor has basically turned into a Marx Brother for Phase 4. Don't get me wrong I like some diversity but not at the expense making this thing turn into a parody of its self with odes to old sitcoms and mystical plot devices to get more cameos and bring back characters from the dead. How about a little gritty R action or develop a cohesive plot line that sucks you in, the comp over at HBO has figured this out with House of Dragons. At this point if it wasn't for Star Wars I would be giving up Disney+ and save the $s.

Not for me, I am just not feeling it with this show. To me it is just silly and they are forcing the action, where is this thing going? Also in phase 4 is there a decent male character? I guess Shang Chi but it seems so female focused to the point that the dudes are just silly side shows, Thor has basically turned into a Marx Brother for Phase 4. Don't get me wrong I like some diversity but not at the expense making this thing turn into a parody of its self with odes to old sitcoms and mystical plot devices to get more cameos and bring back characters from the dead. How about a little gritty R action or develop a cohesive plot line that sucks you in, the comp over at HBO has figured this out with House of Dragons. At this point if it wasn't for Star Wars I would be giving up Disney+ and save the $s.

judging by reactions online, there certainly seems to be mixed feelings on the episode. IMO, it's exactly what they billed the show as.

I do think the latter half of the show will have more of a throughline that you're looking for. We've seen hints of one (someone is trying to steal her blood to create more hulks, and the Abomination story will clearly lead to the Thunderbolts movie. Also, Hulk will show back up at some point).

Overall I think they've delivered exactly what they said the show would be, and that won't be for everyone. I wish they had more of a smaller court feel though with a consistent judge and prosecuting attorney. I'd kind of like to have it have more of a Night Court feel, which was a wacky show itself.

As for your Phase 4 question. I'd say:

Shang-Chi (I'd even include his dad, though he was misguided)
Sam Wilson
Bucky
Hulk
Vision
Doctor Strange (and his movie also had some good cameos of good male characters)
Peter Parker
Alexi Shostakov (David Harbour as Black Widow's "dad")
Eternals had a number of good male characters

Ghosts was one of my fun shows last year, it's about to start next season.
American or English version?

I've watched both. The English version was one of my favorite shows last year. American version is good too, just not as clever and interesting.

She-Hulk mid-season sneak peak of the rest of the season. Sounds like DareDevil will be her Jiminy Cricket helping her find her balance and path going forward, which some thought might be the case since he's had to do it himself.

She-Hulk mid-season sneak peak of the rest of the season. Sounds like DareDevil will be her Jiminy Cricket helping her find her balance and path going forward, which some thought might be the case since he's had to do it himself.

Can’t wait for She Hulk to brow beat him about being a privileged white male, even though he’s blind and grew up an orphan.

Happened to see Alan Ritchson (of Jack Reacher fame) on an episode of Hawaii Five-O last night. Was from 2013, so he wasn't quite as buff as he is now, and looked shorter than advertised. I've only seen a few clips of him in the Reacher series, never heard of him before that, so it was interesting to see him earlier in the career. Like folks have already said, he does a great job capturing the physical presence and raw power of the book character, but he's still too good-looking to be the real Reacher, lol.

I don't think I posted it here but I did watch "The Last Kingdom". Really enjoyed the whole series. If you like Viking/English history, this was a great show. Not actual history but many of the characters and stories are borrowed from around the 8th-10th centuries.