What are you watching?

Having polished off Combat!, started on Gunsmoke. 4th episode in, Marshal Dillon amputates a man's leg. The term hadn't been invented yet but pretty sure I saw a shark swimming down Dodge City's main drag.

Just finished Lupin on Netflix. Solid 8/9 out of 10.

Fast paced 5-episode mini series set in Paris with a protagonist who takes on the persona of a black James Bond.

Watch it in French w/ English subtitles.

Believe tomorrow History is starting to show The Pacific. With white death coming maybe good few hours of TV. Think its Sat and Sun evenings.

Having polished off Combat!, started on Gunsmoke. 4th episode in, Marshal Dillon amputates a man's leg. The term hadn't been invented yet but pretty sure I saw a shark swimming down Dodge City's main drag.
Kind of early for that to be jumping, didn't it run for another 2 decades (i exaggerate a little)

Kind of early for that to be jumping, didn't it run for another 2 decades (i exaggerate a little)

probably the longest romance tease in tv history between Dillon and Miss Kitty. Doc has to be where Bones got his Star Trek personality. Just watched an episode, which had DeForest Kelly playing upset cowpoke. It threw me because he wasn't talking or behaving like Bones. Doc was talking and behaving like Bones. I'm waiting for him to throw out a "Dammit Dillon, I'm a doctor not a...."

Warrior on HBO Max. It’s originally a Cinemax show, so it’s a whole lot of gratuitous sex & violence, which is always cool.

Anyone still watching WandaVision? This weeks episode was a big one as far as the mystery unraveling.

I watched it and it was good but not sure if this entire concept has me excited. The 1st 3 episodes could have been condensed into 1 hour long episode as a prologue and then jump into the explanation episode and the main meat of the story. A lot of folks are worried that they will go back to the sitcom parody thing and waste another couple episodes with a few plot crumbs sprinkled in before yet another explanation episode that finishes the series up and teases a new Marvel plot direction for related characters. I think many of these short streaming series are basically very long movies and have too much fluff in them that doesn't involve the story arcs, best example is the frog lady episode in the Mandalorian.

I watched it and it was good but not sure if this entire concept has me excited. The 1st 3 episodes could have been condensed into 1 hour long episode as a prologue and then jump into the explanation episode and the main meat of the story. A lot of folks are worried that they will go back to the sitcom parody thing and waste another couple episodes with a few plot crumbs sprinkled in before yet another explanation episode that finishes the series up and teases a new Marvel plot direction for related characters. I think many of these short streaming series are basically very long movies and have too much fluff in them that doesn't involve the story arcs, best example is the frog lady episode in the Mandalorian.
My Son tells me the 4th episode is really good and I should push through to that point.

I expect a mix of sitcom and real world from here on out.

Frank Sinatra in an episode of "Magnum, P.I.", believe it or not.

I saw that; retired cop posing as a P.I. to get justice by finding
and killing the rapists of his young grand-daughter. Ends with him
placing a lei on his grand-daughter's tombstone.

I think I'll dig out my VHS copies of Sinatra's PI flicks Tony Rome
and Lady In Cement for viewing since the weather is going to be
rough for the coming week.

:>---

SALT

Finished s1 of Warrior. It’s decent. A lot of SJW themes, but enough sex and hard core violence make it entertaining enough to endure.

Sinatra was the original movie John McClain, only they didn't call him "John McClain." Die Hard was a follow-up to The Detective. Saw that in a click-bait.

Season 1 episode 1 Person of Interest , now streaming on HBO Max. Might be my favorite series of all time.