What are you watching?

Not to go hijacking this thread any further, but that's what I did with the Guardians. I have no interest in supporting an owner who has shown no interest in trying to improve the team. Thankfully he's selling so once that happens I might go back to games again.
Some owners think they can just trot out the same ole crappy organization and people will show up. There are many more things to do nowadays and honestly it has been freeing to not have the daily 'committment' to follow the team. At the time, I thought I enjoyed it, but realized since I gave MLB the heave ho that I do not miss it one bit!

the only way to enact change is to vote with your wallet. Do not show up. Do not but gear. Do no watch/listen and rankings start to tank which leads to less ad and rights revenue.

MLB has long priced them out to what I care to pay for 1 of 162.

Is that on the channel The Grio?
I just noticed tha pop up as they are playing Diff'rent Strokes and been watching that! Entertaning, a bit hokey at times, tries to teach a valuable lesseon each episode and it is nice to not be bombarded and forced down our throats innuendo and immoral behavior.

but I digress.

Stanley Cup Playoff season is here. Very entertaining however I can start to lose some focus when the weather turns great.
I don't even remember the station, it was a marathon so it was a day or half day of episode after episode. Back when at least some TV tried to be educational. I think there was a time when most TV replicated "normal" life, now most of it goes for the oddballs. Pretty much every TV drama is police, forensics, hospital based.

Some owners think they can just trot out the same ole crappy organization and people will show up. There are many more things to do nowadays and honestly it has been freeing to not have the daily 'committment' to follow the team. At the time, I thought I enjoyed it, but realized since I gave MLB the heave ho that I do not miss it one bit!

the only way to enact change is to vote with your wallet. Do not show up. Do not but gear. Do no watch/listen and rankings start to tank which leads to less ad and rights revenue.

MLB has long priced them out to what I care to pay for 1 of 162.
Yep. I love baseball and still go to some MiLB games. But, MLB has honestly been dead to me for a while I just kept following 'my team' in the process. I think losing Lindor was when I finally had enough, but still took a while before I completely tuned out from it. And yes, it is freeing. Same as you, I thought I'd care more or miss it more. I think MLB has some soul searching to do, because they've been squeezing their fans for every extra dollar they can for decades and they're not replacing those fans like us once they're gone. Because the fans with kids can't afford to take their kids (either regularly or even once, depending) that the kids don't grow up with that sense of fandom we probably had growing up.