Western reserve discussion

That’s a good point lol. Parents are saying the players will be a part of the final interviews. In what capacity? Idk, but they want the players there. Sounds like it may be in front of the entire team. That is wild
I think its a great idea. The inclusion of a player or players in the interview process should be implemented on a regular basis. It brings a different prespective that the "adults" on the committee can't always recognize. In fact, I would take it a step further.........I would have a player or players assist in the sorting of candidates to interview. IMO, the whole interview process is a farce. If the process was so fool proof, why are there so many openings year in and year out. Many great coaches are left out from being interviewed.

Why don’t we let them choose the AD, Principal, and Superintendent, while we are at it? How soft have we gotten as a society that people actually think this is a good idea? Maybe then the school will get more kids out because they are involved in the decision process??? Please tell me I am not alone in thinking if this is true, it is a disaster.

Why would they even take Hake back ? Lude accomplished in his first two years just about what Hake did in all his time there and it was during the roughest time in coaching during a pandemic. Lude should have stayed,a little more time establishing his program ,his players ,getting to know their talents,maybe getting more players interested he might actually get passed Springfield or the first round of playoffs.Those boys made it there this year in his first real semi normal coaching season. He also beat a very good LaBrae team in his first year and to deal with some powerhouse teams. I’d say Hulea would be the guy if your looking for someone who can work within a community and not rely on tons of open erollment talent,knows how to get past Springfield etc.,he’s been at the next level and proven twice already that he can build programs from within.

Why don’t we let them choose the AD, Principal, and Superintendent, while we are at it? How soft have we gotten as a society that people actually think this is a good idea? Maybe then the school will get more kids out because they are involved in the decision process??? Please tell me I am not alone in thinking if this is true, it is a disaster.
It’s not as big of a thing as you’re making it to be. Actually quite the norm at the small (non scholarship) levels of college athletics. When numbers/participation are a priority, have to make sure that person fits that mold. At the end of the day. The coach is there for the players, not the admin, parents, or the fans.

No you are not alone and the people who are entertaining it by saying it’s not that big of a deal are clueless. Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady should get a say in hiring a coach but not a bunch of 16 year olds. Most of them haven’t finished puberty and now they’re interviewing grown men? ??? Has to be B.S.

Why would they even take Hake back ? Lude accomplished in his first two years just about what Hake did in all his time there and it was during the roughest time in coaching during a pandemic. Lude should have stayed,a little more time establishing his program ,his players ,getting to know their talents,maybe getting more players interested he might actually get passed Springfield or the first round of playoffs.Those boys made it there this year in his first real semi normal coaching season. He also beat a very good LaBrae team in his first year and to deal with some powerhouse teams. I’d say Hulea would be the guy if your looking for someone who can work within a community and not rely on tons of open erollment talent,knows how to get past Springfield etc.,he’s been at the next level and proven twice already that he can build programs from within.
Ok this is a bit too far here, accomplished everything that Hake did? Did I miss WR winning 2 regional championships under Lude and getting to another? Don’t get me wrong, I thought Lude did a fine job and I’m not a Hake fan by any stretch, but come on.

No you’re not alone. I can think of numerous ways this could end up a disaster for WR.

Ok this is a bit too far here, accomplished everything that Hake did? Did I miss WR winning 2 regional championships under Lude and getting to another? Don’t get me wrong, I thought Lude did a fine job and I’m not a Hake fan by any stretch, but come on.
Thought that same thing…doesn’t appear Lude got a fair shake but there might be things we don’t know. Hake was 104-25 and Lude was 11-10? it’s not really comparable. Lude deserves another shot but it sounds like he has several opportunities to do that.
Does anyone know if Hulea applied or got interviewed? Probably go in a much younger direction but Hulea is definitely a hire they can sale to a community who is spinning…if he is in the mix.

You cannot be serious in saying that they are going to include the kids in the interview process…. When I was 15 the last thing I could tell you was if someone deserved a job.

Thought that same thing…doesn’t appear Lude got a fair shake but there might be things we don’t know. Hake was 104-25 and Lude was 11-10? it’s not really comparable. Lude deserves another shot but it sounds like he has several opportunities to do that.

Does anyone know if Hulea applied or got interviewed? Probably go in a much younger direction but Hulea is definitely a hire they can sale to a community who is spinning…if he is in the mix.
Why does age make a difference? Don't get it...

A bunch of football moms on this post and JLude himself. Love it. Keep it going.
I feel like moms and coaches are actually the last people on here. I know in my experience it’s usually dads, former players, or guys who never played. I have met guys going back to the jj huddle days. There are good people on here who care about their community. I wouldn’t say there are no coaches and I’m sure a lot of coaches read these threads. My guess is most don’t post on it. I mean why would they? Are they going to drum up Yappi support to get a job or keep their job? That said, Coach Lude, if you are on here, please message me. I have so many things I would like to ask.

stop it

Yes let’s not get crazy. You can’t compare. I don’t think people believe he was better than Hake, that’s insane. He just was an exciting replacement that had support from the community and got let go for what many believe to be the wrong reasons. He’s gone, he’s not coming back and it’s time we all move on. I’m excited to see where the program goes next and will try to be more positive. At least until they make the hire.

Hello accomplished Coach with a proven track record and a history of winning, we'd love to offer you this job but first would you mind impressing some sixteen year old boys? Oh believe me, we know your past results and experience speak for themselves but we just want to be sure our boys can picture themselves playing for you. After all, Berlin Center is so radically different than all the places you've ever coached before.......

According to another parent. Western Reserve was scheduled to interview two candidates last night in front of the players. I was told, “the coach from LaBrae and a former Western Reserve player.” I was also told only the LaBrae coach showed up as the other guy withdrew his name. I would assume this would be Armeni. Even though everything I just typed continues to show the disaster of this place, landing Armeni after every decision they made would be a slam dunk. He would be bailing them out. He’s a great coach with ties to the community, Kopachy, and Lude. Does anyone know why he left LaBrae?

According to the rumor mill, candidates in the interview process were being told who they could keep from the old staff and who they couldn't. Also who the board demanded must be included on the staff. If that is true, and like I said it comes from the rumor mill, any quality candidate would pull his name. I am starting to think Coach Rach is a genius. He sensed resistance from the get go and ran for cover. Football parents it might be time to start looking to get your sons into another district if they really love football.

If these two posts are true this is brutal. Even if they get away with it this time and get a quality hire this level of meddling will only impower them and make it even harder the next time they go to hire a coach

If that is true, why would someone as respected as Armeni take this job? Maybe there is some truth to it, but you have to think the first thing he would ask for is full control. Otherwise why would he put his name on it? The only people continuously getting hurt by this are the kids. What if Armeni now doesn’t take the job? You just had him stand in front of the kids and say God knows what. If parents know the other guy pulled out, I’m sure the kids do too. Armeni can be the one to right the ship, but they have to let him. If they don’t, I see no reason why he would take the job.