Western reserve discussion

YTownPenguin06

The speculation with this job is wild. I assume they will make a decision soon..... I am very curious to see what happens
I don’t understand the speculation. They interviewed 8 people. They worked that down to two. One pulled out and one interviewed again. The guy who interviewed is probably the guy unless he doesn’t want it. Let’s make a decision already so the kids don’t fall behind more than they already are.

GridironGod

I wou

l would have guessed Chaney being that is where he was from. There are certain things we will never get answers to. The point is it looks like WR is going to get their guy. The question is, what if he says no?
Chaney actually sounds a lot more likely to be the place Armeni expected to land. That's why they call it the rumor mill. Shepas at WR now that is a funny rumor. Coach Hake as an assistant is ridiculous. The man more that likely will be barred from coaching after he meets with the state and they make their final decision.

YTownPenguin06

Chaney actually sounds a lot more likely to be the place Armeni expected to land. That's why they call it the rumor mill. Shepas at WR now that is a funny rumor. Coach Hake as an assistant is ridiculous. The man more that likely will be barred from coaching after he meets with the state and they make their final decision.
I think he will be coaching, there is no way they hire him if they thought there was a chance he would not be

BlueDevilPride52

Lmao very true. On a serious note tho, this is going to start affecting the kids soon with basketball season ending and a real off season needs to be put in place for those kids
Luckily it sounds like Coach Buente kept the weight room open since Coach Lude left. I wonder if the new staff will keep him.

BlueDevilPride52

How long does Armeni stick around in Berlin Center? I have to imagine if a big(ger) school job opens up, he bounces like Kopachy did to Salem and then Newark.

Only people who want to be at WR, are from WR, and that can even be argued knowing Rosati removed his application and other young/up and coming guys don't want to come back.
They had the guy who would have been there for life in Andy and replaced him with another lifer in Lude. Most likely you’re not getting a guy like that again. WR will go back to being a stepping stone job for someone. What is the over/under for coaches at WR between this hire and 2042?

coldshoulder

The longer this goes with no news cannot be a good thing right? How do we not have a decision yet?
You need to find out when the school's board of education meets, as I would guess that all these Youngstown-area schools currently without a head coach will have their school boards vote on approving new head coaches at their regularly-scheduled February meetings.

valleyfballfan

True but with the situation being what it is they should try to make this happen in a hurry. In high school sports times is of the essence. You cannot allow the water to be stagnant for too long or the players may end somewhere else. Especially when you are talking about 8th graders (their parents) looking at their last chance to make a movement with no punishment.

YTownPenguin06

True but with the situation being what it is they should try to make this happen in a hurry. In high school sports times is of the essence. You cannot allow the water to be stagnant for too long or the players may end somewhere else. Especially when you are talking about 8th graders (their parents) looking at their last chance to make a movement with no punishment.
Hey Valley, keep your filthy paws off of our 8th graders

my little birds tell me that's precisely what's happening
So now the school is waiting or Armeni? He got the job he applied for ,why would he wait?Usually the expectations of a job and pay are well laid out before you apply. He’d know what he was agreeing to if he got the job. Something don’t sound right. Everything’s hurting the kids, the school must have a great reason for creating this mess.

Last edited:

YTownPenguin06

Another February of no lifting for our football players. This is beginning to get ridiculous. How can the kids ever move forward if they are not given the opportunity to do so? 2 of the last 3 years the offseason and lifting have been taken away, but it will be the coaches fault when they are not strong enough to compete with Springfield again next year.

Another February of no lifting for our football players. This is beginning to get ridiculous. How can the kids ever move forward if they are not given the opportunity to do so? 2 of the last 3 years the offseason and lifting have been taken away, but it will be the coaches fault when they are not strong enough to compete with Springfield again next year.
From what I hear through the grapevine, the athletes are lifting in the mornings, let by Buente

fridayfootball

Buente must be an extremely nice guy and really is about the kids. How many times are they going to pass on him to be HC? He doesn't let that bother him and he continues to help the kids.

Scipio

The kids don’t lift without a Head Coach?

YTownPenguin06

From what I hear through the grapevine, the athletes are lifting in the mornings, let by Buente
Not any more according to parents. I believe Coach Buente was running the weight room for a while. Football is the only program that pushes lifting, so when you turn away most of your football staff, there is no one to be there for the kids to lift.

Jaws31

The kids should be lifting on their own. There's really no excuse not to.