Western reserve discussion

19-23 year olds in any college atmosphere have strength coaches that are constantly involved in the planning and implementing of any workout. To think that a group of 15-18 year olds can schedule, plan and implement a workout that is going to be anywhere near as effective as having an experienced coach is out-of-touch and just wrong. Could they pick up weights? Yes. But Just go take a look at grown men in planet fitness. Lifting but no overall strength plan
They arnt new to football, I’m sure they’ve done workouts with the team and a coach before. If you think teams arnt working out on their own time then that’s the reason teams are behind everyone else. Ever look at Poland ? You think the water just has protein in it, that’s why they’re always so much bigger? I never needed a coach to be with me to workout I’m sure there’s kids who need their hand held tho

They arnt new to football, I’m sure they’ve done workouts with the team and a coach before. If you think teams arnt working out on their own time then that’s the reason teams are behind everyone else. Ever look at Poland ? You think the water just has protein in it, that’s why they’re always so much bigger? I never needed a coach to be with me to workout I’m sure there’s kids who need their hand held tho
They might be bigger. But never see any speed, and athletism over there in that neck of the woods. Need to work on speed drills over there for sure. Can we raise the speed limit through Poland. Lol

No
They might be bigger. But never see any speed, and athletism over there in that neck of the woods. Need to work on speed drills over there for sure. Can we raise the speed limit through Poland. Lol
You’ll still get dinged for going 28 in a 25 lmao

19-23 year olds in any college atmosphere have strength coaches that are constantly involved in the planning and implementing of any workout. To think that a group of 15-18 year olds can schedule, plan and implement a workout that is going to be anywhere near as effective as having an experienced coach is out-of-touch and just wrong. Could they pick up weights? Yes. But Just go take a look at grown men in planet fitness. Lifting but no overall strength plan
I got news for you, most high school "strength coaches" dont know what they are doing either. I agree though that kids need the structure of lifting together under one plan. My issue is kids not doing anything at all. Doing something is always better than doing nothing.

The point is tomorrow will be yet another Monday with no head coach. There is no news on when they plan on announcing one and everyone is pretty sure they know who it will be. What are we waiting for? Let’s get these kids in the weight room and move on. We all expect Armeni, but if he pulls out, then what happens?

The point is tomorrow will be yet another Monday with no head coach. There is no news on when they plan on announcing one and everyone is pretty sure they know who it will be. What are we waiting for? Let’s get these kids in the weight room and move on. We all expect Armeni, but if he pulls out, then what happens?
Negotiations?

Coach Armeni is a huge get considering the situation they put themselves in. I wouldn’t look into the 17 kids. I expect 30-35 to be there when all is said in done. One thing is for sure, we are a long ways away from 50-60 kids playing. I only hope they give him the time to build the program the way it should be.

If they can’t be consistent without a coach sitting there then that’s their own problem, I know plenty of athletes that train alone in the off
This is just ridiculous. They same people who are saying they should be lifting on their own are the ones who will be on here when a kid gets hurt telling us how stupid it was to have teenagers in the weight room unsupervised. They also will be the first ones to sue the school if their kid gets hurt. Yes kids do lift on their own but typically not in a school weight room. When my son played he lifted at the school and then went and did supplemental workouts on his own in a local gym, which is fine.

I got news for you, most high school "strength coaches" dont know what they are doing either. I agree though that kids need the structure of lifting together under one plan. My issue is kids not doing anything at all. Doing something is always better than doing nothing.
Another ridiculous statement. There are MANY high quality strength and conditioning coaches at local high schools. We all know JFK was blessed by the good lord with the ability to do anything they want. With that kind of stupid thinking and arrogance its a wonder anyone will play the Eagles.

Coach Armeni is a huge get considering the situation they put themselves in. I wouldn’t look into the 17 kids. I expect 30-35 to be there when all is said in done. One thing is for sure, we are a long ways away from 50-60 kids playing. I only hope they give him the time to build the program the way it should be.
I think they were in this “situation” all along to get Armeni. All my speculation I have no information but my guess is they knew Armeni would be the next HC by the time they let go of Lude.

Last edited:
Another ridiculous statement. There are MANY high quality strength and conditioning coaches at local high schools. We all know JFK was blessed by the good lord with the ability to do anything they want. With that kind of stupid thinking and arrogance its a wonder anyone will play the Eagles.
Its not ridiculous at all. If you knew anything about actual training you would know a large percentage of kids do not get trained properly in high school football. Usually its not totally the football coaches fault, they just don't know any better.

Not sure what the foot stomping, hissy fit is about JFK but ok.

Armeni is a good get but the real question is who is on his going to be on his staff? The majority of his staff at LaBrae were LaBrae guys that have decided to not coach in the foreseeable future or stay at LaBrae and the DC is now coaching at Brookfield

Armeni is a good get but the real question is who is on his going to be on his staff? The majority of his staff at LaBrae were LaBrae guys that have decided to not coach in the foreseeable future or stay at LaBrae and the DC is now coaching at Brookfield
My guess is with Coach Armeni in place, he will convince some of his guys to come with him.

Great hire by Western Reserve. There is no reason Armeni cannot have this team competing very soon, maybe even next season. All things considered, this is a good day for WR
You mean you hope he can keep Reserve competing.Get them back into the playoffs like this year. Make them number 1 in the conference instead of number 2 . Then hopefully have better results in the extended season?

This is just ridiculous. They same people who are saying they should be lifting on their own are the ones who will be on here when a kid gets hurt telling us how stupid it was to have teenagers in the weight room unsupervised. They also will be the first ones to sue the school if their kid gets hurt. Yes kids do lift on their own but typically not in a school weight room. When my son played he lifted at the school and then went and did supplemental workouts on his own in a local gym, which is fine.
That’s the point I never once said they should be working out at the school? I said they should be working out period, the kids who excel the most are the kids who put in the work when nobody is looking. 2 seasons ago kids worked out via zoom or on their own in general

That’s the point I never once said they should be working out at the school? I said they should be working out period, the kids who excel the most are the kids who put in the work when nobody is looking. 2 seasons ago kids worked out via zoom or on their own in general
I guess my answer to this is that there are many families that cannot simply afford a gym membership and facilities are few and far between in Berlin Center. The same families that can't afford a gym membership can't afford and don't have room for a home gym. For many athletes their best chance to lift is at the school under the supervision of the strength and conditioning coach.

I guess my answer to this is that there are many families that cannot simply afford a gym membership and facilities are few and far between in Berlin Center. The same families that can't afford a gym membership can't afford and don't have room for a home gym. For many athletes their best chance to lift is at the school under the supervision of the strength and conditioning coach.
I get what you mean and sometimes it’s tough, also YouTube can give you great benefits of at home body weight exercises. Simply put tho glad they have a guy now who can start getting their team together as a unit and working towards a goal

Very strange you make a comparison to Poland, as they have just consistently been getting weaker and smaller.

Their line is significantly bigger then everyone’s in the league
Size doesn't mean everything though. I've watched bigger teams get the crap beat out of them by smaller quicker teams. Poland just might be better than some teams, because they just have a better program