Western Reserve @ Brookfield week 3

thelastword

Where are all the Brookfield posters at? JFK has a running click on Berlin Center. My Warriors suffered a heart breaker to Springfield last night. Might see this Brookfield team make a run this year. A lot of talent on board. Thoughts?

WR had 1 first down and -10 yards at halftime. At 32-0 JFK called off the dogs and made wholesale substitutions.

Brookfield wins big. 21+ if their coach wants to. WR will keep their starters in though and look good against your JV team

Brookfield will likely get their rematch with Springfield in the playoffs. I think an out of area team runs away with that region tho, the Springfield run is over

WR had 1 first down and -10 yards at halftime. At 32-0 JFK called off the dogs and made wholesale substitutions.

Brookfield wins big. 21+ if their coach wants to. WR will keep their starters in though and look good against your JV team
If anyone knows Randy Clark in this area they will know he will keep his starters in and try to run it up

Brookfield will likely get their rematch with Springfield in the playoffs. I think an out of area team runs away with that region tho, the Springfield run is over
Possibly, but we shall see. Brookfield still has a tough conference slate with Garfield and Labrae. I would think Brookfield will end up somewhere in the #6-#10 seed in Region 21 when it’s all said and done

Region 21 does seem loaded for DVI... I wouldn't mind seeing the Freshman Davis get a good bulk of carries this week. Like Coach Clark said, he's going to be special some day. I know the kids would love a rematch with Springfield. They feel like that was one they let slip away. Great game regardless. Are Reserves issues the result of playing a tough schedule early on, or are they a result of the coaching change?

Region 21 does seem loaded for DVI... I wouldn't mind seeing the Freshman Davis get a good bulk of carries this week. Like Coach Clark said, he's going to be special some day. I know the kids would love a rematch with Springfield. They feel like that was one they let slip away. Great game regardless. Are Reserves issues the result of playing a tough schedule early on, or are they a result of the coaching change?
From what I heard about the Springfield/Brookfield game Springfield kept the Warriors in it. I was not there but I was told that Springfield was sloppy and had several bad snaps that ended drives. I have to think Guirriero and his excellent coaching staff (3 former head coaches) will get those little things fixed. Brookfield better be careful, they might get what they wish for in the form of a Springfield rematch. That being said, I know that we (Western Reserve) have multiple players out and are playing some young people on the varsity. Healthy or not I think this could be a long night for the Blue Devils. I also agree that Brookfield often shows a lack of class and that it flows from the coach right on down to the players who usually commit 4 or 5 personal fouls every game. Their coach then feels the need to be at mid-field arguing every one of them.

I can't believe I'm saying this but I can't wait until league play starts! At least the Blue Devils will get some opponents on the field they can play with. That will give coach Lude and company some breathing room to teach and coach up the team. I hope this is a case of it's not how you start, it's how you finish.

Mostly on the tough schedule so far for Reserve, they just don't have enough high level athletes to hang with who they've played

From what I heard about the Springfield/Brookfield game Springfield kept the Warriors in it. I was not there but I was told that Springfield was sloppy and had several bad snaps that ended drives. I have to think Guirriero and his excellent coaching staff (3 former head coaches) will get those little things fixed. Brookfield better be careful, they might get what they wish for in the form of a Springfield rematch. That being said, I know that we (Western Reserve) have multiple players out and are playing some young people on the varsity. Healthy or not I think this could be a long night for the Blue Devils. I also agree that Brookfield often shows a lack of class and that it flows from the coach right on down to the players who usually commit 4 or 5 personal fouls every game. Their coach then feels the need to be at mid-field arguing every one of them.
Labrae is the real deal, if Springfield or Brookfield show up like they have so far this season they’re gonna get spanked.

There is a saying in Brookfield that goes “ Play until the second whistle“. Referees before we’re much more forgiving for that type of stuff but nowadays they are not. As for this game Brookfield can win this game pretty handily. I watched the Springfield Brookfield game, Brookfield played well.

They have 24 kids and are starting 3 freshman and 4 sophomores lol. For the 100th time, #9 who went off in the second half is a freshman. David Altiere had 3 Carries in the 2nd half. Just a really bad take by someone who doesn’t have a clue

Last edited:
Probably didn’t want to show anything, some schools like to show everything to make teams prepare for everything
Credit to the Blue Devils. Coach Lude had the boys ready to play. Onside kick was the turning point in the game. WR a one man show right now, but play hard. WR will compete in this league until Springfield, which they can maybe make a game for a half or so. Good luck the rest of the way

They have 24 kids and are starting 3 freshman and 4 sophomores lol. For the 100th time, #9 who went off in the second half is a freshman. David Altiere had 3 Carries in the 2nd half. Just a really bad take by someone who doesn’t have a clue
JFK had 6 kids playing defense when #9 "went off". Also 2 sophmores that were playing their first varsity action. Not such a bad take at all.

JFK had 6 kids playing defense when #9 "went off". Also 2 sophmores that were playing their first varsity action. Not such a bad take at all.
Again, #9 is a freshman. As is #8, #53, and so on. So again a bad take, they did not run it up with their starters. #9 is the freshman back up QB. They weren’t onside kicking or running up tempo. They were down 4 LBers to start the game and playing freshman there. #9 broke two long runs. What should they have done? All 6 of their freshman were in at times. I’m not sure what you think WR should have done differently.

And #1 was on KR against JFKs 2nd kickoff team

What he is saying is the big 2nd half for your guys happened in what was essentially a JV game for Kennedy at that point.
No go back to the beginning. He took a shot saying WR is a team who will get running clocked and then run it up on young guys in the second half. He knows what he did. I am simply pointing out that is was also WRs young guys in the game at that point.

No go back to the beginning. He took a shot saying WR is a team who will get running clocked and then run it up on young guys in the second half. He knows what he did. I am simply pointing out that is was also WRs young guys in the game at that point.
Y-town don't worry about it ,all good let's see how this week goes against Jackson. The days of r 50 + plus players and having 3 strings r over for now. 1st game I seen live was Brookfield and I thought the boys played and never gave up.