Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 5

Nash

(1-3) Shawnee at Wapak (3-1)
(1-3) Kenton at Defiance (2-2)
(3-1) St. Marys at Van Wert (3-1)
(0-4) O-G at Bath (0-4)
(2-2) Celina at Elida (4-0)

Game of the week is obviously St. Marys at Van Wert. Loser is likely out of the title race, as Wapak has only one challenger left in Elida. There’s at least one mismatch here, probably two as I expect O-G to finally handle someone in the battle of the last two winless teams, and can Celina put up a fight against Elida? This is Elida’s first opponent with more than 1 win, even already-defeated opponents.

Last week apparently wasn’t as tough as I thought it would be. Pretty good scores, rebounding from the worst week ever. 933York was the only perfect set of picks, but there were no losing records, and eight 3-2 records, out of 21 total. The consensus went 4-1 with Van Wert being the only loss. Yet again I was surprised at the lack of closeness in the picks. Elida and St. Marys were unanimous picks, and only 2 people thought Wapak would win. For the first time this season there is not a tie for first, as Nash broke a first place tie, with five people tied for 2nd place.
Elida over Bath 21-0 (win)
St. Marys over O-G 21-0 (win)
Van Wert 19-2 over Wapak (loss)
Defiance 17-4 over Shawnee (win)
Celina 16-5 over Kenton (win)

21-4 Nash

20-5 Cavman96
20-5 CR22
20-5 hermonboone22
20-5 jonmoxon
20-5 Old_School

19-6 buckeye1689
19-6 CougarDad52
19-6 dhsdog06
19-6 LICKING COUNTY FAN
19-6 StateChampion2012
19-6 tucson

18-7 *67
18-7 933York
18-7 auscon
18-7 Clase8821

17-8 ShoelessJoe
17-8 snoopdog3
17-8 TiGgEr3

15-10 CYO C Team

Others:
14-1 937Football
14-1 BirdDog10
13-7 NoHomer10
12-3 fvapaches05
9-1 OSUOSU
7-3 Blazer
6-4 CougarFan4Life
5-5 NWCC fan
4-1 54cheetah
4-1 Iroquois
3-2 Armchair7

Wapak -- rolls over Shawnee
Defiance -- handles Kenton
Van Wert -- bounces back against SM
OG -- gets their first win of the season comfortably against Bath
Elida - Elida's playing better than Celina, but both teams remain a bit of a mystery

(0-4) O-G
at Bath (0-4)

(0-4) O-G
at Bath (0-4)

(0-4) O-G at Bath (0-4)

Not part of this but still feel that St Marys will once again beat VW because their built for it. Wapak allowed VW to get a fast start we blinked and it was 19 to 0 before we started to wear on them. By the end of the game Pratt was not playing defense and was limping pretty good. St. Marys will keep the ball out of Pratt's hands and wear them down with long drives not alot of size on VW and alot of kids playing both ways. One thing I noticed is Pratt has a arm like the Mauk boys

(0-4) O-G at Bath (0-4)

(3-1) St. Marys
at Van Wert (3-1)
(0-4) O-G at Bath (0-4)

Wapak - Just better
Defiance - Kenton must be really down
Van Wert - Should be a good game
OG - First win for OG
Elida - Can you say 5-0.

Wapak big.
Defiance - I can't remember the last time I entered a game expecting to win pretty easily. It's a weird feeling. Hopefully the team doesn't disappoint as they celebrate the 97 state title team. The 10-year anniversary game didn't go well.
Van Wert - tough call, but I'll go with the Cougars. Schedule has been roughly even to this point and VW's scoring offense and defense have been better.
O-G - finally O-G gets into the win column, and in the last game of winless teams of the season, should win easily too.
Elida - we still might not be sure exactly how good Elida is, with an opponents' record of 2-14, but I suspect Elida should be able to handle Celina.
Eh, there could be two games here up for grabs.

Not part of this but still feel that St Marys will once again beat VW because their built for it. Wapak allowed VW to get a fast start we blinked and it was 19 to 0 before we started to wear on them. By the end of the game Pratt was not playing defense and was limping pretty good. St. Marys will keep the ball out of Pratt's hands and wear them down with long drives not alot of size on VW and alot of kids playing both ways. One thing I noticed is Pratt has a arm like the Mauk boys
ive been checking out the wbl threads and i think you have a lot of hate in your heart towards van wert.

Wapak up 14-0 against Shawnee with 6:09 left in the first. Shawnee had 4th and less than 1 on both their first two drives but elected to punt both times. Looks like they have the potential to move the ball, just not putting it together. Wapak is dominating them on the line of scrimmage on offense though, don’t expect this to be much of a game.

Wapak up 14-0 against Shawnee with 6:09 left in the first. Shawnee had 4th and less than 1 on both their first two drives but elected to punt both times. Looks like they have the potential to move the ball, just not putting it together. Wapak is dominating them on the line of scrimmage on offense though, don’t expect this to be much of a game.

Shawnee moved the ball at will first half against Defiance last week, but imploded quickly once things started going wrong in the 2nd half.

Shawnee moved the ball at will first half against Defiance last week, but imploded quickly once things started going wrong in the 2nd half.
That’s essentially what happened in the first quarter. They seemed to move the ball well the first two drives and since then have been all negative plays

Aged like fine milk.