Western Buckeye League Prediction Contest, Week 5

Nash

(2-2) Wapak at Shawnee (4-0)
(2-2) Elida at Celina (1-3)
(3-1) Bath at O-G (2-2)
(1-3) Defiance at Kenton (0-4)
(4-0) Van Wert at St. Marys (2-2)

Take your pick on game of the week of the two involving the last two undefeated teams. No one would put Shawnee above Van Wert, and Wapak’s schedule has been much harder than Shawnee’s so far. I’m not sure if much separates St. Marys and Wapak either. We’ll find out a lot more about Shawnee in the next 4 weeks against some tougher competition. Shawnee did give Bath its only loss, but Bath has only faced one other opponent with a win. Bath/O-G could be a decent game, and heck, maybe even Elida/Celina, although I still guess everyone has the bottom three in their own tier. Defiance could easily be playing Kenton to avoid a winless league season.

Last week was a tough week, five people had losing records, including the leader, HSFootball45, who still remains in a tie for first, with Hback. Blue12 scored the only perfect set of the week to move into a tie for 2nd place. The only unanimous pick was Shawnee, which got a surprising challenge from Defiance to remain undefeated. The consensus went 3-2 with Bath eking out Elida for the final favorite status.

Van Wert 16-2 over Wapak (win)
St. Marys 14-4 over O-G (loss)
Shawnee 18-0 over Defiance (win)
Kenton 12-6 over Celina (loss)
Bath 10-8 over Elida (win)

19-6Hback
19-6HighSchoolFB45

18-7blue12
18-7buckeye1689
18-7CougarFan4Life
18-7dhsdog06
18-7NoHomer10
18-7ShoelessJoe

17-8jonmoxon
17-8Nash
17-8tucson

16-9*67
16-9CougarDad52
16-9StateChampion2012

15-10BirdDog10
15-10Clase8821

Others:
14-6Iroquois
12-8LICKING COUNTY FAN
10-554cheetah
8-7The Corner Cubicle
7-8BlessEmAll
7-3turkey-gravy
5-5BigPSH
5-5TiGgEr3
5-0ex_dc_atc
4-1Voiceofthevoiceless

(2-2) Wapak at Shawnee (4-0) - Jerry Cooper's bunch loses its 1st game this week in a close one

(2-2) Elida at Celina (1-3) - Shocked Celina won last week. Thats probably their only win

(3-1) Bath at O-G (2-2)- Good work vs St Marys

(1-3) Defiance at Kenton (0-4) - Kenton might not win a game.

(4-0) Van Wert at St. Marys (2-2) - Van Wert might not lose a game

(2-2) Wapak at Shawnee (4-0) - Shawnee beat a good Bath team but otherwise has played a weak schedule and has not looked too good.
(2-2) Elida at Celina (1-3) - Elida is a good team and had just lost to two better teams
(3-1) Bath at O-G (2-2) - OG looked real good last week, I think they have the potential to win out
(1-3) Defiance at Kenton (0-4) - Kenton I’d awful
(4-0) Van Wert at St. Marys (2-2) - I think St. Mary’s has the defense to beat Van Wert, and if I want to take the lead I have to have an upset pick

(3-1) Bath at O-G (2-2)

(3-1) Bath at O-G (2-2)

Wapak: Was not impressed by Shawnee's offense at all. Defense is good, but they need to score against the league's top tier.
Elida: Celina is just terrible
OG: One of the better 2-2 teams in the state, while Bath hasn't really beaten anyone good.
Kenton: I just can't. Until I see Defiance put together back to back performances that aren't terrible, I can't pick them. Even if I think they can win this.
Van Wert: One of the few real tests left. Offense is too much.

(3-1) Bath at O-G (2-2)

(1-3) Defiance
at Kenton (0-4)

Wapak and OG might be 2 of the best 2-2 teams in the state right now. Both seem to have just started clicking and have faced the brunt of their schedule (other than OG playing Van Wert, which should be a good game)

(2-2) Wapak at Shawnee (4-0)-Goulet kid can play for Wapak...I think Wapak wins easily.
(2-2) Elida at Celina (1-3)-Haven't seen Elida play but I have seen Celina play. Elida by a couple scores.
(3-1) Bath at O-G (2-2)-OG starting to hit its stride as they had to Van Wert next week. OG by 20+
(1-3) Defiance at Kenton (0-4)-I really don't know about this one...Defiance I guess.
(4-0) Van Wert at St. Marys (2-2)-Van Wert too many athletes for the Roughriders!!

Wapak - I don't think it'll be a blowout, but won't go down to the wire either.
Elida - I think people are cooling on Elida, but it should still have enough to get by Celina.
O-G - Bath is having a good season, but is not at O-G's level yet.
Kenton - weird seeing so many people pick Defiance, but the Bulldogs have always struggled with Kenton, even in wins and with good teams.
Van Wert - could be the least offensive output so far for the Cougars, but still a multiple-score win.

Wapak - Better
Elida - Better
OG - Appears to be getting better
Kenton - Agree with Nash
Van Wert - I like this VW team.