Western Buckeye League 2021

Otsego beats O-G by 14. And it may not even be that close.

Anyone that has seen OG play anytime since about week 4 would take that bet.....should be a good one. Turf and OG's speed will go a long way in deciding this one. Hopefully the weather holds off and isn't a factor.

OHSAA scheduling is crazy. OG - Otsego at Napoleon, which is fine for those two...and about as close to home as you can get for a regional final.....but on the same night they put LCC and Edon at Findlay. That's a 95 mile trip for Edon. Crazy thing is that Edon/LCC was one of the last games that they announced almost like they forgot about it then realized they had no real good option left for the location

Yeah, whole thing could have gone OG/Otsego to Findlay, Archbold-LC in Napoleon (pretty much EXACTLY halfway between both), and LCC-Edon in Defiance and made a ton more sense.

Absolute highway robbery seeing that Goulet won WBL back of the year over Pratt.

Put away your scarlet and gray tinged glasses.

Both are phenomenal players at the QB position. They probably should be Co - WBL Back of the Year. Is that even possible?

You can make a strong case that Pratt had a lot better talent around him and Goulet WAS the Wapak offense. Without him Wapak is at best a 5-5 football team with losses to OG, SM and Bath as well as VW and ML.

Without Pratt, VW probably loses to OG and Wapak, but finishes 7-3. Just too much talent for eveyone else. VW and OG have outstanding WRs, and the VW RB is a beast IMO. Wapak's defense is maybe better overall but VW has great DBs for sure.

Plus, Pratt is a junior. Not sure if that matters, but it may to some voters. Definitely not highway robbery though.

Put away your scarlet and gray tinged glasses.

Both are phenomenal players at the QB position. They probably should be Co - WBL Back of the Year. Is that even possible?

You can make a strong case that Pratt had a lot better talent around him and Goulet WAS the Wapak offense. Without him Wapak is at best a 5-5 football team with losses to OG, SM and Bath as well as VW and ML.

Without Pratt, VW probably loses to OG and Wapak, but finishes 7-3. Just too much talent for eveyone else. VW and OG have outstanding WRs, and the VW RB is a beast IMO. Wapak's defense is maybe better overall but VW has great DBs for sure.

Plus, Pratt is a junior. Not sure if that matters, but it may to some voters. Definitely not highway robbery though.
Last year they voted Treece and Cornell co-backs of the year (which again, was ridiculous)

But if you look at the numbers, Pratt ended up with just as many rushing yards and close to 2000 more passing yards. Pratt had close to 300 total yards against Kenton where Goulet had 90 total yards. Same against Shawnee, who has an outstanding defense, Pratt had 5 touchdowns and over 400 yards of offense to Goulet’s 2 touchdowns and 125 yards of offense? Goulet completed 10% of his passes against St. Marys, that says back of the year?

Last year they voted Treece and Cornell co-backs of the year (which again, was ridiculous)

But if you look at the numbers, Pratt ended up with just as many rushing yards and close to 2000 more passing yards. Pratt had close to 300 total yards against Kenton where Goulet had 90 total yards. Same against Shawnee, who has an outstanding defense, Pratt had 5 touchdowns and over 400 yards of offense to Goulet’s 2 touchdowns and 125 yards of offense? Goulet completed 10% of his passes against St. Marys, that says back of the year?

Why was it ridiculous that it was Cornell and Treece? Both were incredibly good.

You didn't address my suggestion that Pratt played on a better offense with much better weapons. The VW receivers were able to take short passes and use their athleticism to create long TDs. They had 4 receivers better than Wapak's #1 WR.

And who cares what Goulet's passing % was against SM? They beat SM, you guys didn't.

The most important statistic isn't yards or passing percentage - it's wins.

Wapak = 8-1 in the WBL
Van Wert = 8-1 in the WBL

They should have been co-backs of the year in my opinion.

Why was it ridiculous that it was Cornell and Treece? Both were incredibly good.

You didn't address my suggestion that Pratt played on a better offense with much better weapons. The VW receivers were able to take short passes and use their athleticism to create long TDs. They had 4 receivers better than Wapak's #1 WR.

And who cares what Goulet's passing % was against SM? They beat SM, you guys didn't.

Wapak = 8-1 in the WBL

You’re making it seem like Pratt also doesn’t have over 1,000 rushing yards too. I would have been fine if they split the award but for some reason they decided not to and in my opinion the most deserving player didn’t win the award.

If you had to pick a QB between the two I would think anyone with a clue would pick Pratt

Otsego beats O-G by 14. And it may not even be that close.

They beat OG 21-6 last year, so that's not a ridiculous prediction. But I think you're wrong. This team is much better than last year to my eyes. Most of the offensive and defensive line are seniors and are BIG. If you are basing your prediction on the OG/Eastwood score in week 1, you better be expecting 90+ degree weather to be a factor again.

OG was one play away from upsetting Van Wert in Week 6. And it literally could have gone either way, even with OG losing its best lineman early in the first quarter due to injury.

I'll be surprised if this isn't a single digit win.

Pratt is still playing and that is all that really matters. I GUARANTEE that Goulet would trade the award for another game.
An argument can be made for either to get the award. They are both great athletes that had great seasons.

Wapak = 8-1 in the WBL

Agree 100 %. The MAC had a similar situation between Otte of ML and Homan of NB.

Going to write a post about frustration so be kind. Im a frustrated Wapak fan that sits and wonders why all the time. This year I really think we was the better team against Bellbrook but once again shot ourselves in the foot several times. Right before half with a few seconds left we allow a 20some yard TD pass. Why not blitz and not give the QB a year to look for a open receiver which he did. Second half score then fumble then slip on a 4th and 1. then we off side kick they return to the 13 yard line. The defense which I always felt was very good could not stop the run for nothing. I look at this team and think there not as good as st marys but they ran all over us. The offense was finally starting to come together running and passing the ball Goulet was really starting to show how good he can be. You sit now and watch other teams you beat continue to win and play another week. Im not knocking Moyer because he has had more success than Frye did when he was here. The man has won every year except the covid year and has won the WBL alot and taken us to the playoffs. The decision to schedule Marion was not smart see st marys who we beat and same record but scheduled a D3 school who had wins and got a higher seed in our region. Goulet and Mullens graduate this year and I was wondering due you think Moyer would start his son as a freshman who I was told was the QB for the undefeated eight grade team. I saw some highlights and the QB has a good arm and can run. On defense alot talent returns both ends Houser and Mikey Lee who are really good along with truesdale and mechstroh at LB

Going to write a post about frustration so be kind. Im a frustrated Wapak fan that sits and wonders why all the time. This year I really think we was the better team against Bellbrook but once again shot ourselves in the foot several times. Right before half with a few seconds left we allow a 20some yard TD pass. Why not blitz and not give the QB a year to look for a open receiver which he did. Second half score then fumble then slip on a 4th and 1. then we off side kick they return to the 13 yard line. The defense which I always felt was very good could not stop the run for nothing. I look at this team and think there not as good as st marys but they ran all over us. The offense was finally starting to come together running and passing the ball Goulet was really starting to show how good he can be. You sit now and watch other teams you beat continue to win and play another week. Im not knocking Moyer because he has had more success than Frye did when he was here. The man has won every year except the covid year and has won the WBL alot and taken us to the playoffs. The decision to schedule Marion was not smart see st marys who we beat and same record but scheduled a D3 school who had wins and got a higher seed in our region. Goulet and Mullens graduate this year and I was wondering due you think Moyer would start his son as a freshman who I was told was the QB for the undefeated eight grade team. I saw some highlights and the QB has a good arm and can run. On defense alot talent returns both ends Houser and Mikey Lee who are really good along with truesdale and mechstroh at LB
Understand your frustration. I’m right there with you. As for Moyer’s son, he’s a fine athlete, but he’s not even the best QB in his class. That’s all I’ll say about that.

After tonight only VW will be left. Based on school size id say VW has a great team, SM, Wapak and OG were all good, Shawnee and Bath were average. The bottom 4 were bad.

Understand your frustration. I’m right there with you. As for Moyer’s son, he’s a fine athlete, but he’s not even the best QB in his class. That’s all I’ll say about that.
I’m not real up to date on the 8th grade team just saw highlights on YouTube and wasn’t real sure how replaces Goulet

After tonight only VW will be left. Based on school size id say VW has a great team, SM, Wapak and OG were all good, Shawnee and Bath were average. The bottom 4 were bad.

So OG has zero chance to beat Otsego? Arrogant much?

They lost to VW by 5 and had the ball in the red zone with under 2 minutes to go.

Ask a knowledgeable Van Wert fan their opinion of OG maybe.

So OG has zero chance to beat Otsego? Arrogant much?

They lost to VW by 5 and had the ball in the red zone with under 2 minutes to go.

Ask a knowledgeable Van Wert fan their opinion of OG maybe.
I think some people are going to be surprised tonight with OG. Coach Shiner will have them ready.