welcome to cross country/track forums

Welcome to the cross country/track forums. A couple things to remember

1. No putdowns of any runners ability
2. No rumor starting (ex. i heard......)
3. No foul language

if i think of more, ill add them, or if u have suggestions, let me know. Im open to suggestions. or let skins99 know, as he is the other mod here

welcome to the board, please feel free to post almost anything you want here and hopefully we will have a free flowing and enjoyable board:)

skins99 said:
welcome to the board, please feel free to post almost anything you want here and hopefully we will have a free flowing and enjoyable board:)

like general board II?

Heh' I highly doubt it. Hey Khrush, I think that I have about 70 people who are thinking of leaving the huddle who old come use this exact forum. You want them? 'lol'

Any time you want to talk to me about cross country or any other subject, just AIM me, ComputerGenius. :)

Great idea MacDaddyTheSequel, I'm sure this forum is going to do very well with you keeping the troublesome posts out of here.

Everyone else should try to help out and if you see something that breaks forum rules, use the "Report this post to a moderator" feature. It will help all the mature posters enjoy the site that much more.

Hey everyone, this is Brendan Jeffrey, better known as Jefforeos around Moeller. Yeah and I go to Moeller, if you couldn't figure it out. :cool:

welcome new guys. we may not be as big as the huddle in the track section but we are growing. so enjoy the section blokes

xcrunner203 said:
ok does anyone know how i can get ride of the freshman thing under my name? its really starting to anger me

i think it is 250 post and it moves up to jv

Russo Best Ever!

Russo at LaSalle is the best xcountry coach ever. Every year he produces a state competitor. How does he do it? He must know what he is doing by turning mediocre talent into great talent. When it is said and done he will be the best running coach ever in the State of Ohio and perhaps the Midwest.

Re: Russo Best Ever!

mack said:
Russo at LaSalle is the best xcountry coach ever. Every year he produces a state competitor. How does he do it? He must know what he is doing by turning mediocre talent into great talent. When it is said and done he will be the best running coach ever in the State of Ohio and perhaps the Midwest.

and this has what to do with the introduction to the track/xc thread?

I am curious about where people are from who visit this forum. For other sports, posters are clearly from SW Ohio. On this forum, it is pretty much Cincinnati. In the past month or so, any non-Cincinnati comments have been met with something less than enthusiasm. Should there be a separate forum for those who only want to discuss Cincinnati track/cross-country?

Of late, there have been shots taken at people (and even a thread closed because of that). I am not asking this to start any nasty comments -- I'm actually pretty serious. I'd like to find out about all of the talent in the area, and I feel that we're pretty limited here.

middiesports said:
I am curious about where people are from who visit this forum. For other sports, posters are clearly from SW Ohio. On this forum, it is pretty much Cincinnati. In the past month or so, any non-Cincinnati comments have been met with something less than enthusiasm. Should there be a separate forum for those who only want to discuss Cincinnati track/cross-country?

Of late, there have been shots taken at people (and even a thread closed because of that). I am not asking this to start any nasty comments -- I'm actually pretty serious. I'd like to find out about all of the talent in the area, and I feel that we're pretty limited here.

no, it has taken some time for things to pick up here so you wont see a split of board.

middiesports said:
That's too bad. It's a shame that the 30 mile rule from downtown Cincinnati is going to keep limiting your discussions.

it doesnt. just start a thread and if there is interst people will responde. it gets better during track season, non cincinnatians come out of hiding.

I'm from close to Dayton rather than Cincy. Cincy schools are so consistently good in xc that if people bash them from other areas, they are probably just envious or jealous. For the record, I consider Middletown much more of a Cincy school also...Just another powerhouse in the Cincy mix. I guess I will follow things more from the northern part of the Southwest region - North and South Dayton areas. Follow the huddle also but too many negative comments about the kids for my taste so I don't post there. The beauty of cross country is that we can root for everyone. The hard work that the kids put in can be celebrated from the first finishers to the last. You don't get playing time because the coach likes you. You work hard, race and get rewarded. Great concept! I look forward to posting and reading Yappi when CC starts in 2006.

I'll sneak in a word, among the Southeast posters here, regarding another great coach, Rick Ventura of Lakewood High School. Lakewood, the public school, joins Hudson and St. Ignatius as the perinnial distance powers here in the Northeast.

"Middies on wrong side of the track"

An interesting article appeared in the Enquirer this morning. The article explains why Middletown's track records have been dropped from this years honor roll and the Top Ten Poll that is published in the Cincinnati paper.
Apparently the coordinator of the area coaches poll, who is named in the article, made the decision. There is no question that Middletown is not a Cincinnati school, however that's not the issue. It's a school that is in a Cincinnati league. The driving distance to the I-275 beltway, where half of the GMC schools are located with the other half further north, is not much farther that the Dayton suburbs. Every other sport from football, basketball and all the way down to tidily winks is listed in a Cincinnati poll.
It looks like the Enquirer sides with Middletown on this one.
I don't think geography is the real issue here. What do you think?

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/AB/20070429/SPT0301/704290399/