Week one what game(s) are you taking in?

Benedictine vs Walsh Jesuit should be a fun game. The two teams met in the playoffs last year and the Bengals won in overtime after they blocked the would-be game winning PAT from the Walsh Kicker who never missed one in his career. Walsh is looking to let everyone know they’re a player in division II after a breakout 2020 and Benedictine looks to continue their dominance against the Warriors over the last 7 years.

Not to sure PC will bring a ton - they had a good turnout at Mansfield playoff vs Austintown Fitch but that was maybe six years ago. Depends on virus also - people probably won’t want to travel to a very crowded stadium.
I don’t think Massillon brings quite 10 k but the stadium will be look pretty close to full. It will be a fun game.

Wasn’t it Westerville Central that Fitch played? Pretty sure I was gonna drive down to the game, but it snowed real bad that night.

Wasn’t it Westerville Central that Fitch played? Pretty sure I was gonna drive down to the game, but it snowed real bad that night.
Yes. You are correct. That was Snells senior year. I was even at that game. Memory is the first to go?

Would have been my last choice of his choices lol. Do Avon-Glenville the following week
Can't do that week 2. Week 2 is either Avon vs Medina or Ignatius vs. Mentor. Those are the only 2 choices for me week 2.

Yes. You are correct. That was Snells senior year. I was even at that game. Memory is the first to go?

I went to Fitch's first playoff game that year. Without looking, I want to say that it was against Marysville. Met a lot of nice people from Austintown that night, so I was gonna try to support them on the road. It was an insane snowstorm that day though, so I passed.

My backup games on Friday and Saturday.

Fri
Columbus Grove at Pandora- Gilboa
Sat
Columbus Academy at University School
Gates Mills Hawkins at Garfield Heights Trinity

Thanks for your thoughts. Obviously Massillon will have a ton of fans. Do you think PC will bring many?
PC doesn't travel well, unless it's RBurg, Lunkster, or Nawth. The band parents are probably all scrambling to get doctor excuses. Even all the high school kids in my neighborhood will probably be home that night.

Medina’s secondary will struggle more than Harding’s will.

Meanwhile, in addition to the game above, I originally planned on attending Canfield-Poland on opening Thursday. Harding has former assistants on both sides and I just met some very respectful Canfield players at Warren’s Greek fest a couple weeks ago (I’m not Greek, but I love the food ?). Wouldn’t mind checking it out, but Ursuline-Hartley should be a good one.
Thursday: Niles vs. Howland

Friday the "Route 12 Rivalry"
Columbus Grove at Pandora-Gilboa
Just 5 miles between the 2 schools. 2020 was the first time since 1978 that the two schools did not play each other for Week 1. Always a great atmosphere with just about everyone there from both small towns.

Screenshot 2021-08-09 141711.jpg

Thursday Night: LCC at Shawnee. 1st meeting for football in a long time, not sure when they last played

Friday Night: Marion Local at Wapak