Week 9: StX (7-1) at St. Ignatius (4-4)

For those going to the game on Saturday afternoon, the Ignatius Wildcats welcome our Jesuit brothers from St. X for a joint tailgate starting at 1pm (during the JV game which takes place at noon) and going until the 4 pm game time.

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 7.17.55 PM.png

Let's welcome our Jesuit Brothers with a Cleveland Style Tailcat! We can show the southern contingent how it's done!

Thank you in advance to everyone for pitching in this week and making our BIGGEST Tailcat of the year a success!

1:00PM

Parking lot of Pat Catan Stadium

*please see map below for specifics on the location as there are several lots

We will be set up with a buffet in the lot marked in Blue and we will have a 40x40 tent sent up in the area marked in Red for people to congregate.

Parking: You should enter off of Pearl Road (U.S. 42), just past the Post office onto Rademaker-Miller Lane (on the west side of Pearl Rd). There is parking for over 300 right next to the tailgate area.
Additional parking is available off Lunn Rd, which is just before the Post office, - by Strongsville HS
[For those coming from Cincinnati, directions are provided in a post in the St. Xavier Bomber forum for this game]

*PARKING IS $5.00 AT ALL LOTS

LET'S GO CATS!!

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 7.18.10 PM.png

The Jesuit Bowl will be played at Pat Catan Stadium in Strongsville, Ohio next Saturday October 16th when the Bombers (7-1) and Wildcats (4-4) square off for the 29th time.

The Bombers lead the series 15-13 which began in 1991 and includes 3 state championship games (1992, 2001 and 2016)

Strongsville Ohio will be a new locale for the teams and will be the 8th stadium used in the series, the other 7 being....
George Finnie Stadium at Baldwin Wallace College (1), Fawcett Stadium in Canton OH (2), StX Stadium (12), Lakewood Stadium (2), Byers Field in Parma (7), Don Shula Stadium at John Carroll College (3) and Ohio Stadium in Columbus (1)

The Bombers have won the past 2 contests, last season's record setting offensive explosion 62-37 on Ballaban Field and the 2019 13-10 squeaker at Byers Field in Parma

Coach Specht’s Bomber teams have beaten the Wildcats 11 of 17 games (2004-present)

The JV kickoff is at noon also at Pat Catan Stadium followed by varsity at 4pm.

GO BOMBERS!
FYI John Carroll University (JCU), not college.

Yes, Week 8 October 13, 2007; X 45 St. Ed 0
I was there and they didn't play in a stadium, it was on a practice field with no stands.
StX starting QB John Hurley broke his leg in that game and Luke Massa came in as a sophomore and played a near perfect game (5 for 5 for 122 yards and 2 TDs)
Granted he entered the game in the 2nd quarter with a 28-0 lead and the Bomber defense was in the process of holding Eds to 139 total yards for the game but he made some great throws
I was there as well, I'm pretty sure it was in the Stadium as I was sitting in stands.It was St Edward's Head Coach Scott Niedzwiecki's first year as HC at St Edward. You are right about the score, that was a long trip back to Lakewood.

I say X wins by a close score of. 35-27. After X struggled against a winless Louisville Trinity team, a 4-4 team could put X to the test.

The Ignatius personnel on offense is a big variable, but I think X comes to play given the Trinity loss earlier. X by 28-35. Maybe it’s a little closer if Ignatius plays the most talented players.

Weather today - should be dry this afternoon as the rain has moved east. forecasters say there is potential for a 'lake effect' shower that are usually short duration. Will also be windy in the 15-20 mph range that could affect the kicking and maybe the passing game

There are reports that Pfaff is expected to return as QB this afternoon for the Wildcats

Question is who is starting at QB. Pfaff starting JV game but Papesh dressed for JV too and allegedly not starting varsity game (sigh again). Guessing Spencer, and I have no good words

Weather today - should be dry this afternoon as the rain has moved east. forecasters say there is potential for a 'lake effect' shower that are usually short duration. Will also be windy in the 15-20 mph range that could affect the kicking and maybe the passing game

There are reports that Pfaff is expected to return as QB this afternoon for the Wildcats
If Kyle starts Pfaff in varsity game, or Spencer, I reaffirm my statement that it is time for a coaching change

It’s the 3rd Quarter and Papesh hasn’t played yet, so they’re definitely saving him for the Varsity game. As the starter or first reserve is an open question. But I’d bet on the Senior Pfaff if he’s good to go.

It’s the 3rd Quarter and Papesh hasn’t played yet, so they’re definitely saving him for the Varsity game. As the starter or first reserve is an open question. But I’d bet on the Senior Pfaff if he’s good to go.
If it is the Pfaff from 2020, I'm ok. But, he hasn't been that guy. If you start him and he continues the 2021 version, quick hook. I dont think the game is winnable, but if you want any chance, can't delay if same old same old

Interesting to see that freshmen RB Grant Washington and WR Ryan Pieschalski were brought up to the JV squad for this game and getting good playing time
+ Papesh and Martin appear to be full time varsity today

Interesting to see that freshmen RB Grant Washington and WR Ryan Pieschalski were brought up to the JV squad for this game and getting good playing time
Would like to see QB Woidke get in at some point in the 4th. Very good arm talent and a capable runner. May have the highest ceiling of any QB in the program right now, although he will need to get bigger.

Final JV score: Ignatius 21, X 6. Found it difficult to determine how many sophs were held out for possible varsity action. Lot of freshmen played and looked good. Biggest surprise to me was that the Cats had a defensive secondary that played very well.

Impressive win. Anyone with the X program have any insight on how your JV program has looked and performed this year so we have a measuring stick?