Week 9: Elder(3-5) vs. Football North Canada(1-3)

There’s a big difference bw having a package of plays for Ramsey at QB vs him running the entire Offense. I do think he should throw more from the Wildcat, but it’s not realistic to think he could step in and be QB1 w/o major issues.
Agree

none of this works without a huge offensive line......don't you guys know that. coaches can't adapt to their players skill levels. without a huge offensive line, no chance of winning.

i need to look up the size of texas a&m oline. to beat a team like alabama, they had to be huge.

jtk
()
I mean, yeah they were huge. They struggled this yr bc of inexperience. But please, tell me how the great Coastal Carolina OL would stack up.

It’s funny you think this is some kind of clever recurring gag, when in reality, you just look like an idiot. I never said a physically bigger OL was ALWAYS better, if you’re 6’7’’ 315, but move like you’ve got cement in your cleats, you’re not going to be a good OL. However, if you’re 5’9’’ 190 lbs, you’re also not going to be good, bc you can’t block anyone head on.

There’s a big difference bw having a package of plays for Ramsey at QB vs him running the entire Offense. I do think he should throw more from the Wildcat, but it’s not realistic to think he could step in and be QB1 w/o major issues.
You act like the kid never played QB before or does not practice at QB. He was a QB his freshman year as well as running back. His sophomore year he played QB at times on Varsity when Luebbe got hurt and was a wildcat QB, running back and wr when Luebbe was in there. I would venture to say he threw his most passes that 2019 season, more than the previous two seasons. Plus, I would be curious if anyone here has been at practices and knows if he takes snaps at QB running the regular offense? I would guess he is the backup qb if Hambleton ever got hurt and practices as QB behind him.

I'd also like to see him throw more out of the wildcat stuff. 2-3 throws a game to keep the defense honest. Heck even a jet pass with Hambleton in the game handing to Ramsey would force the defense's hand. Play the run or get burnt by the pass.
Plays like this happened 2 or 3 times in the scrimmage against Walnut Hills prior to the 2019 season. I'm surprised we haven't much of it since. I guess it could be something where Ramsey has the option to throw and the intended receivers aren't open.

I agree, it would be unrealistic to have him go back there with the full offensive playbook at his disposal, but then again he's the coach's son. If anyone could step in and do that, it would be him.

I mean, yeah they were huge. They struggled this yr bc of inexperience. But please, tell me how the great Coastal Carolina OL would stack up.

It’s funny you think this is some kind of clever recurring gag, when in reality, you just look like an idiot. I never said a physically bigger OL was ALWAYS better, if you’re 6’7’’ 315, but move like you’ve got cement in your cleats, you’re not going to be a good OL. However, if you’re 5’9’’ 190 lbs, you’re also not going to be good, bc you can’t block anyone head on.
OL is about angles more than anything. A 5'9 190lb OL can absolutely block someone for 2-3 seconds in the run game. Where they will struggle is against bigger/stronger players in pass pro, but they could always try cutting someone.

You act like the kid never played QB before or does not practice at QB. He was a QB his freshman year as well as running back. His sophomore year he played QB at times on Varsity when Luebbe got hurt and was a wildcat QB, running back and wr when Luebbe was in there. I would venture to say he threw his most passes that 2019 season, more than the previous two seasons. Plus, I would be curious if anyone here has been at practices and knows if he takes snaps at QB running the regular offense? I would guess he is the backup qb if Hambleton ever got hurt and practices as QB behind him.
But you can’t put him out there with a full playbook at his disposal, it’s not realistic. Also, I don’t think he’s thrown a ball more than 10 yards down the field since he was a Freshman. We don’t know how good of a passer he is.

it is a recurring gag, and you just cant help yourself when you are wrong with the personal attacks. thats how we know your defeated. what have the coaches done to help the line that is too small to run the offense that elder runs? now who's the idiot?

not sure how coastal would stack up against the big boys? the big boys don't want to play them for fear they won't get to put the 50 pt beat down on them, so we'll never know. I would guess the coastal boys would struggle, but the coaches wouldn't be lining them up to do drop back passes.

jtk
()

The point is, a more mobile and running QB is usually better behind a weak oline than a pocket passer. With a pocket passer, the defense can just tee off with blitzes. A mobile QB forces the defense to be a bit more conservative.
i know what the point is and you are correct that there has been nothing done to help the small OL. i was posting to mostly get a rise out of the village idiot, and it worked.

jtk
()

it is a recurring gag, and you just cant help yourself when you are wrong with the personal attacks. thats how we know your defeated. what have the coaches done to help the line that is too small to run the offense that elder runs? now who's the idiot?

not sure how coastal would stack up against the big boys? the big boys don't want to play them for fear they won't get to put the 50 pt beat down on them, so we'll never know. I would guess the coastal boys would struggle, but the coaches wouldn't be lining them up to do drop back passes.

jtk
()
It’s not personal attacks, it was a hacky joke. The coaches have tried keeping in 1, even 2 backs/TEs to act as blockers and it really hasn’t made a difference. And as I’ve said many times, there really isn’t anything they can do.

There are certain areas that are consistently weak, like STs and DB, which I think can be attributed to coaching. However, the OL has only been an issue 2x in the last 10-15 years. I don’t see how you can pin that on coaching. 2 years ago, they had the best OL in the state, and I know they had 3 D1 players, but they still played at a high level as a unit.

i know what the point is and you are correct that there has been nothing done to help the small OL. i was posting to mostly get a rise out of the village idiot, and it worked.

jtk
()
Are you kidding?! They move the pocket constantly to help the OL. I bet close to half their pass plays have involved some kind of QB roll out. Sometimes, you’re just dealt a bad hand and all of the coaching in the world can’t mask those deficiencies.

But you can’t put him out there with a full playbook at his disposal, it’s not realistic. Also, I don’t think he’s thrown a ball more than 10 yards down the field since he was a Freshman. We don’t know how good of a passer he is.
That's not true. He threw a 30 yard back-shoulder wheel route to Harp against Moeller.

Another thought is you take away your best offensive threat from catching the ball if you move Ramsey to QB(even if you're only talking about doing it part time).

L
That's not true. He threw a 30 yard back-shoulder wheel route to Harp against Moeller.
so that’s one play. It’s also not a coincidence, the past few games, they’ve called a lot more designed QB draws for Hambleton

This game could be delayed depending on the storms tonight. I think with the team coming from Canada suspending to Saturday will not be an option. Be prepared for a long evening if the storms show up tonight.

This game could be delayed depending on the storms tonight. I think with the team coming from Canada suspending to Saturday will not be an option. Be prepared for a long evening if the storms show up tonight.
They’re not sticking around if this game gets called.

L

so that’s one play. It’s also not a coincidence, the past few games, they’ve called a lot more designed QB draws for Hambleton
Kind of surprised they didn't go to those QB draws with him sooner. I know he's not as fast as Peyton or Luebbe, but it really opens up a lot of the other things in the offense when you have to account for the QB as a runner.

No, they would not. Considering they are coming from Canada, I think this would be called only if 100% necessary meaning suspending to Saturday is not an option.
A few yrs ago, the opening kick got delayed by some torrential rain, and they would’ve had to bolt if the game got pushed back any further.

Kind of surprised they didn't go to those QB draws with him sooner. I know he's not as fast as Peyton or Luebbe, but it really opens up a lot of the other things in the offense when you have to account for the QB as a runner.
He’s not a speed demon, but he’s deceptively fast for his size.

A few yrs ago, the opening kick got delayed by some torrential rain, and they would’ve had to bolt if the game got pushed back any further.
That was the 2018 game.
381A2252-X2.jpg

That was the 2018 game.
381A2252-X2.jpg
That’s correct. That was also a game Elder was up 21-0 going into 4th Qtr and FN scored 2 quick TDs and missed a wide open screen pass that probably would’ve been a TD to tie the game.

I think people are overlooking this game. It won’t be easy, they’re quasi professionals and have a good amount of talent.

That’s correct. That was also a game Elder was up 21-0 going into 4th Qtr and FN scored 2 quick TDs and missed a wide open screen pass that probably would’ve been a TD to tie the game.

I think people are overlooking this game. It won’t be easy, they’re quasi professionals and have a good amount of talent.

I don't think anyone is overlooking them. They have a huge offensive line and a few good players. They have the ability to compete with Elder this year. I think what you're seeing is more apathy about Elder being 3-5 going up against a football academy that has 1 win.

I think all people involved will be checking the radars quite often this afternoon. I think it could be a possibilty to reschedule it to tomorrow morning/early afternoon if there is lightening around? I would think the team is in town already. As long as there is a 2-3 hour opening I say play the game whether that means playing it at 5:00 or 9:00? Just get the refs there and everyone should be ready to play.

It looks like JV plays trinity tomorrow at 11 in the pit. I know Varsity would trump JV, but you would have to schedule around that game if it happens to get rescheduled tonight?

I think all people involved will be checking the radars quite often this afternoon. I think it could be a possibilty to reschedule it to tomorrow morning/early afternoon if there is lightening around? I would think the team is in town already. As long as there is a 2-3 hour opening I say play the game whether that means playing it at 5:00 or 9:00? Just get the refs there and everyone should be ready to play.
They are on a time crunch and have to be out of here tonight. No chance of them staying and playing tomorrow.

Decent 1st half. Offense is moving the ball well w/o an actual RB. Hope either Flowers, Summers, or Mier can play next week. With Paff out got the year, they’re down to their 5th option at RB.

Tackling on D still is not good but they’ve made a good adjustment in cvg. North’s main Offense is just chucking the ball down field and hoping one of their fast WRs can get under it. The DBs are bumping them off their routes and towards the sideline, which essentially leverages the sideline as another defender.

Still, North has the capability to hit a big play at any time. This is not going to be a cakewalk in the 2nd half.