Week 8: Elder (5-2) vs. Indianapolis Roncalli (7-0)

This will be Elder's defensive front biggest challenge to date this season. Roncalli offensive line is massive, and their RB is strong, runs hard.

The culture of Roncalli's dominant offense is set by its massive offensive line. Iowa-bound offensive tackle Trevor Lauck (6-7, 290 pounds) is flanked by Central Michigan commit left guard Brady Neu (6-4, 278), Northern Illinois commit center Luke Skartvedt (6-5, 317) and fellow grown man-sized linemen Luke Billerman (6-2, 275) and Saint Francis commit Jackson McNeeley (6-4, 283) at right guard and right tackle, respectively.

This will be Elder's defensive front biggest challenge to date this season. Roncalli offensive line is massive, and their RB is strong, runs hard.

The culture of Roncalli's dominant offense is set by its massive offensive line. Iowa-bound offensive tackle Trevor Lauck (6-7, 290 pounds) is flanked by Central Michigan commit left guard Brady Neu (6-4, 278), Northern Illinois commit center Luke Skartvedt (6-5, 317) and fellow grown man-sized linemen Luke Billerman (6-2, 275) and Saint Francis commit Jackson McNeeley (6-4, 283) at right guard and right tackle, respectively.
Chatard was able to hold them to 17 points. And that line isn’t as big as Eds.

With any luck, this thread will not turn into a trainwreck. I think Elder rebounds from last week's disaster. Elder pulls the upset here.

Autenrieb, Rolfes, Moorman, Arnold all out this game. Good news is Ramsey thinks all will be back at some point. Elder's banged up for this one.

17-9 at half. E let Roncali back in the game at the end of 2nd Qtr. Not sure why E was trying to throw deep on their last possession but it lead to a safety bc of holding in the endzone and TD off busted cvg after that.

Elder was dominating the game. Muffed punt changed the momentum. Then we let another punt drop and they pin us at the 1. Gotta get a stop to start the third. Defense playing well.

Elders inability to execute on short yardage has cost them last week and again tonight. No one will ever convince me, ALWAYS taking the ball in shotgun is an advantage.

And almost every play the video feed is delayed a second or two…makes you realize elder really does a great job even with some of the minor issues

And almost every play the video feed is delayed a second or two…makes you realize elder really does a great job even with some of the minor issues
I know Elder's streams are far from perfect, but what frustrates me about the issues with Roncalli's stream tonight is they're self-inflicted. One of their cameras is an automated Hudl cam that is a second or two behind the other cameras so when they cut to or from the Hudl cam the stream is either a second behind the other camera or the other camera is a second ahead of the Hudl cam leading to either repeated plays or missed plays. Hudl cams are interesting technology for game films, but they shouldn't be used for streaming.

Last edited:
I just saw this on Twitter… “Nebraska just had 4th and 1… went to an empty set and shotgun… you already know what happened”