Week 8: Elder(3-4) vs. Indianapolis Roncalli (7-0)

Throwing 50 passes isn't usually a good recipe to winning. I know all games are different and you can still control the clock/ball with a short controlled passing game, but not in most cases.

If we only had 10 yards rushing or whatever it was it might make sense to move Flowers back to safety to get a little more speed on D. Also looking towards next year as a possibility for that as well.
Where the lack of running game really killed Elder was the Red Zone. When the field shrinks it’s really hard to throw the ball in those tight windows. This is where you really need a power run game bw the Tackles.

Where the lack of running game really killed Elder was the Red Zone. When the field shrinks it’s really hard to throw the ball in those tight windows. This is where you really need a power run game bw the Tackles.
Power run game with a small line, good one ???

Power run game with a small line, good one ???
I’m speaking in generalities. I’d like to know the RZ efficiency of the 2019 team behind that massive OL and Luebbe at QB. I’d bet they probably scored TDs on over 70% of their possessions in the RZ

I would think Schroersch will start next yr on the O line and will have full eligibilty. They may move Ginn to Oline? Weidner and the Ruwe brothers are big kids as well who will all get looks next yr and should be a bigger Oline.

I would think Schroersch will start next yr on the O line and will have full eligibilty. They may move Ginn to Oline? Weidner and the Ruwe brothers are big kids as well who will all get looks next yr and should be a bigger Oline.
I’d like to see:

LT- Schorsch
LG- Weidner
C- James Sr
RG- Bass
RT- James Soph

Last edited:
With the OL challenges year over year, I wouldn't discount anyone to get a look on that side of the ball. Ginn can provide a lot on both sides of the ball but full expect him to be on defense depending on the fronts they run on D. He has been a pretty solid defender this year on JV.

With the OL challenges year over year, I wouldn't discount anyone to get a look on that side of the ball. Ginn can provide a lot on both sides of the ball but full expect him to be on defense depending on the fronts they run on D. He has been a pretty solid defender this year on JV.
I have to disagree about the OL being an issue year over year. The OL was pretty solid last yr despite losing 2 D1 OL. In the last 10 yrs or so, it’s only been an issue this yr and 2016.

I have to disagree about the OL being an issue year over year. The OL was pretty solid last yr despite losing 2 D1 OL. In the last 10 yrs or so, it’s only been an issue this yr and 2016.
Agree. When Elder has big and dominating O lines they make long runs in the playoffs.

And if we’re looking ahead to next yr, there’s a good chance 80% of the schedule remains intact. The only 2 teams I don’t think will be on the schedule next yr are CC and that VA team, which were 2 of their 3 wins.

PC & Ville X will be at the Pit, but I expect PC to be about the same, and Ville X to actually be better. Going up to Cleveland to play Eds is difficult even for the good Elder teams. And going to Indy to play Roncalli, who brings back 3/5 of that massive OL isn’t going to be an easy task.

Then you’ve got the GCL. I know the X fans lurking on here will want to tell me how wrong I am, but I expect them to take a noticeable step back, but they’re still St X and that’s never going to be an easy game. I imagine LS will be improved with an established QB, and I actually expect Moeller to be the outright favorite to win GCL.

I do think Elder will be better, but I said the exact same thing last yr, so maybe it’s wishful thinking. Regardless, they’re going to have to make massive strides in the offseason if they want to be truly better in ‘22. Like it has to be the best off-season Ramsey has ever seen. In order for that happen, there needs to be a full commitment by the Lines to go all in the weight room.