Week 7 Perry vs North Canton Hoover

Highshfan

A big victory for Hoover last week, let's hope the momentum extends to this week's game against the Panthers.

We are getting better every game. BUT. Louisville is 0 and 6 and we beat Akron East who just won their first game. Gotta be realistic. You can't play a half of a game or 2/3rds of a game.

Panthers will show up and play hard for 48 minutes. It all boils down to turnovers, no untimely penalties, no missed assignments and third down efficiency on offense and defense. Much respect for the Vikings, especially after last weeks performance.

The Vikings should know whats coming this week...lots of running by Perry. Although I saw the highlights against Louisville and it looks like they can pass some too! Stack the box and dare them to throw. I say Vikings 31 Perry 10.

You call 1 for 4 passing?? That’s funny!
Well I saw the highlight of the one pass then. It was nice though? Will be the same for the Vikings too. Lots of running by both teams. Game will be over in a couple hours.

Some series history. Along with Jackson this is Perry’s longest running series as the teams have played every year since 1957 and once in the playoffs. The Vikings lead the series 42-23.
Hoover dominated this series especially the first 20 years going 18-2. From 1977-1990 Perry was 4- 10.
In the last 20 years Perry has a slight lead of 10-9 & the past 10 years Perry leads 8-2.
Of the Panthers 23 wins 12 of them have come at NC Memorial Stadium (Don Hertler Sr. Field)

The wing-T gives Hoover fit every year. It's a hard offense to defend, no matter how often a team sees it. I believe Hoover will win this game, but it will be tough. Perry is a tough team that will hit you in the mouth. Hopefully, Hoover doesn't have a letdown after winning a big game. Good luck to both teams.

Reactions: y2h
Especially now Hoban is really starting to surge strong. Eds may clean their clock then I pity teams in playoffs facing Hoban D2. Hoover got nice team.
Hoover is not on the level of Massillon on Hoban. Hoover had a great team last year, but not good enough to defeat Massillon. Hoover could compete in the playoffs, but if they don't improve the passing game, they don't go far.

Hob
Hoover is not on the level of Massillon on Hoban. Hoover had a great team last year, but not good enough to defeat Massillon. Hoover could compete in the playoffs, but if they don't improve the passing game, they don't go far.
Hoban is healthy. But Qb cant throw. On the ground the went up and down the feild on Iggy. Iggys defense swarmed the young un. Sacked 6 times. Then Iggy killed them in the air to win. Massillon gets healthy watch out. But God bless those filling in. Only lost to Eds by 17. I do wonder If Eds coach took foot off gas. Bc they can score at will. I stand with TIGERTOWN. Good luck to all these teams stay safe stay focused and healthy

Hoover 14
Perry 0

Shutout streak goes to 4. I really had a hunch Hoover was going to win last week but never expected a lopsided final.