Week 7 NE8 2-4 Niles @ 6-0 South Range

Many years ago I played at SR. In my sophomore year we only had 3 seniors and only 1 of them could really play. And we were the worst SR team in 15 years (4-6). Jackson-Milton, on the other hand, was loaded with seniors and supposed to be really, really good. Yet, they started 0-5. We couldn't figure it out. And then our coach told us that their kids were going out and getting drunk/high/whatever else before the games. So, their coach took to "locking" them in the school on Fridays -- they had to stay in the lockerroom from when school ended to bus leaving or kickoff -- or you didn't play. They won their last 5 and were actually playing really well. Unfortunately for SR, we played them in the 2nd half of the season. We were outmanned, but only lost 26-21, but it felt way worse -- all they did was run double-tight, stacked-I and give to the tailback and there was nothing we could do.

Niles, heh, might be on that road (I have no clue). And I'm also pretty sure that, after factoring in injuries, they're not a particularly good team at their best and anything that drags them down is gonna make them really bad.

By my rough count, SR ran 10 plays for 215 yards. Ballpark. Niles showed some life on offense, but, umm, yeah.

SR gets ball to start 2nd half, too. Hard to imagine the clock won’t be running.

I thought the Raiders might suffer a bit of a letdown after the big game last week, but they pleasantly surprised me in not missing a beat.

People should stop making threads about South Range, they aren't getting challenged until late in the playoffs. Youngstown area football is really bad

I admit I do miss that. I guess I got spoiled watching Lynn Bowden 6 or 7 years ago. Waiting for someone to step up like that. Lol
What's bad is he's the last big time player from the area, players like that should be in the area every year. Not one every 5 or 6 years, that is just sad....lol

Test well and looks the part, but hasn’t played up to the hype. Think he still hasn’t adjusted to the huge gain in size
He’s played pretty darn good, but is only going to get much better. I’m guessing he’ll be a five star his senior season. He’s constantly double teamed and sometimes chipped by backs also. He’s gone up against some very large and decently talented offensive linemen also with the strong schedule Fitch plays.

Who has 34 offers from places like ND, Tenn, USC, FSU, Mich, etc, etc.
My point is there used to be 6-8 of these types of players as close back as 2010 in the Youngstown area. Now there’s only one and he’s a junior, that’s the point of this

My point is there used to be 6-8 of these types of players as close back as 2010 in the Youngstown area. Now there’s only one and he’s a junior, that’s the point of this
There was not 6-8 players of that caliber. Being a 4*+ is rarified air. There was about that many 2-3 * players, which this year you would have Lowry at Canfield, Thomas at Boardman, Valent at JFK, Hewlitt at Chaney, Waller at Chaney, and Cameron Smith at Fitch all 2-3* recruits.