Week 7: Louisville Leopards (0-6) at Green Bulldogs (4-2)

Week 7: Louisville Leopards (0-6) at Green Bulldogs (4-2)

Green wins this in a route. They can name their score. The only thing that will hold the Bulldogs from putting up 70 points will be another running clock.

If the talented player ends up playing for Green then the Bulldogs should win by 6 or 7 TDs. If he doesn't Louisville has a shot to only lose by 3 or 4 TDs. I know the Leopards have zero talent at any of the skill positions so them scoring any points is highly unlikely.

Who do you like in this one?

Last edited:

Week 6: Perry Panthers (1-4) at Louisville Leopards (0-5)

Perry wins this in a route. They can name their score. The only thing that will hold the Panthers from putting up 70 points will be another running clock.

Who do you like in this one?
I doubt it! Don't give up on the Leps! They play Perry pretty tough! They might even win this one!

No, Perry will have to work hard to win this. Our extra point kicker is strong but missing a lot. Surprised Coach Slates hasn't put in some competition. Maybe he did. I wasn't able to go to tonight's game.

This would be a great game for Slates to shake some things up!!! Like some starters on both sides of the football. What does Perry have to lose?? Winning.

My prediction is Louisville 20, Perry 21...probably in OT. This is the worst Perry team I've seen in years. I don't think the 2013 team gave up 56 points in a game that entire season. I understand Jackson has a great team this year, but giving up 56 points in a league game is horrendous. Perry is small, they're weak, they're slow, and every team they play is far and away more athletic than they are, and better coached. I can't believe just a year ago, Perry was sitting at 5-0 at this point. POET mentioned Slates shaking some things up offensively, don't hold your breath. When the only offensive schemes you know come from Keith Wakefield, expect the same old. Slates is not the answer. I wouldn't let him manage my fantasy team.

My prediction is Louisville 20, Perry 21...probably in OT. This is the worst Perry team I've seen in years. I don't think the 2013 team gave up 56 points in a game that entire season. I understand Jackson has a great team this year, but giving up 56 points in a league game is horrendous. Perry is small, they're weak, they're slow, and every team they play is far and away more athletic than they are, and better coached. I can't believe just a year ago, Perry was sitting at 5-0 at this point. POET mentioned Slates shaking some things up offensively, don't hold your breath. When the only offensive schemes you know come from Keith Wakefield, expect the same old. Slates is not the answer. I wouldn't let him manage my fantasy team.
Respectfully Mat, I disagree. From what I see we have no receivers at 6 ft tall or over. The qb is young and gaining experience. We only have like 50-55 players on the team as well. We tried 2 other coaches before Wake came back and didn't do very well at all. Give Zach and the young QB some time. Heck, I remember when we had Coach Bo and one of the most seniors in Perry history. We "almost" made the playoffs. That really sucked.

This will be a "get better" game. One team will look like they got better and one team will be beyond getting better.

Have to go with Perry. The defense isn't what we're used to seeing, but they still have some ability to score. They've got more points in any 2 games than Louisville has on the whole season.

Makes me think the Louisville folks knew something like this was coming. Their booster club was really pushing hard a few years back to do the scoreboard and other fund raisers. Lot harder pulling in cash when the team is this bad.

Respectfully Mat, I disagree. From what I see we have no receivers at 6 ft tall or over. The qb is young and gaining experience. We only have like 50-55 players on the team as well. We tried 2 other coaches before Wake came back and didn't do very well at all. Give Zach and the young QB some time. Heck, I remember when we had Coach Bo and one of the most seniors in Perry history. We "almost" made the playoffs. That really sucked.
I Respectfully disagree with you this senior class lost more games the last five weeks then they have the last five years. What changed??

I Respectfully disagree with you this senior class lost more games the last five weeks then they have the last five years. What changed??
It's hard to watch Poet! I'm definitely a sore loser I will admit! Watching Perry this year has been difficult! I couldn't remember 1 play from the first 3 games! I have since jumped on the jockstrap of THE Fairless Falcon's! Like I said before a Wakefield coached tem was almost hard to watch but there were definitely some explosive plays that kept me interested! This team (no offense to the team) is very boring to watch! Hopefully next year is better!

Not bad. We have similar thoughts. I see it being Perry humiliating Louisville 56 - 0. I just don't think Louisville can score a point in this game unless Perry puts in the 4th string around half-time and even then I doubt Louisville can score.
Ain't no way in H,E, double Hockey Sticks this score comes to fruition! 20-21 PERRY Llke MatCat predicted!

It's hard to watch Poet! I'm definitely a sore loser I will admit! Watching Perry this year has been difficult! I couldn't remember 1 play from the first 3 games! I have since jumped on the jockstrap of THE Fairless Falcon's! Like I said before a Wakefield coached tem was almost hard to watch but there were definitely some explosive plays that kept me interested! This team (no offense to the team) is very boring to watch! Hopefully next year is better!
Your right!! That’s why personnel changes NEED to be made regardless of what grade they are in!! What do you have to lose? Winning!

Your right!! That’s why personnel changes NEED to be made regardless of what grade they are in!! What do you have to lose? Winning!
Personally , a boring game is ok if we win. I'm guessing Perry has the smallest team in the league. Perry kids are tough and we can win with less numbers (as usual ) . We cannot be a pass driven team with our talent. I know Slates is passing more but i believe we would have won 2 of the games we lost with more running. I agree, the person who is the best is the one who should be playing regardless of grade.

Last edited:
A local high school coach told me recently that Jackson's 8th grade team has more talent than Louisville's varsity team, So there's that.
I saw this somewhere else. Maybe you posted it. I know people in Louisville and despite the record this year, they have some talent on both sides of the ball. There isn’t an 8th grade team in the county better then them. Maybe a coach at Jackson said this, but it isn’t even close to true.

Won't even be close. I watched Louisville Friday against Lake and I never seen a Louisville football team offensive unit look so inept. Gonna be 0-10. WOW

Something in the universe seems out of whack when Louisville is 0-5 and Perry is 1-4. I was a member of the Panthers in three of these games back in the heyday of this rivalry in the Federal League from 68, 69 & 70. They were very physical hard fought contests. I remember names like Rick Wilson, Ken Kuhn, Gary Dourn, John Doerschuk , Doug Shook, Bruce Lynch and others.
Looking forward to my trip East Friday night. Go Perry!

Louisville is probably as bad as they have ever been and Perry is not loaded like they have been the past 5 or 6 years. Still see Perry winning this one rather handily.Tough to imagine that the Leopard program has fallen to this level. A great football town.

Something in the universe seems out of whack when Louisville is 0-5 and Perry is 1-4. I was a member of the Panthers in three of these games back in the heyday of this rivalry in the Federal League from 68, 69 & 70. They were very physical hard fought contests. I remember names like Rick Wilson, Ken Kuhn, Gary Dourn, John Doerschuk , Doug Shook, Bruce Lynch and others.
Looking forward to my trip East Friday night. Go Perry!
Those were some great games indeed!

Gary Dourm passed last month...great friend and player....RIP Bobcat
So sorry to read this. My condolences to you, his family and friends.

My teammates from 69, who were seniors when I was a junior at Perry, and teammates I graduated with that have passed from those two classes are too many, unfortunately.
Tim Laps, Mike Shaffer, Dave Carlson, & Tim & Terry Gue from the 69 team
Don Dobina, Jim Luke (two of our three Captains) Dan Shamp, Denny Hogue & Joel Koehler from the 70 team.
May they all RIP.