Week: 7 Austintown Fitch (5-1) vs Strongsville (2-4)

We have to regroup and get it together. We let Massillon push us around. The linebackers were non-existent. That's the problem I have with this defense. There is a huge gap between the line and linebackers. I thought the line held their position, but that Massillon running back would somehow get through and there was nobody there to stop him. Our tackling was terrible. Trying to take that kid high was not wise. I like our chances here. Strongsville has not been the same team for some time now. They do have size on the line, but I think our speed will give them problems. It will probably be a similar score as the other teams like this we have played this year. I think we need to get back to basics and practice tackling.

We have to regroup and get it together. We let Massillon push us around. The linebackers were non-existent. That's the problem I have with this defense. There is a huge gap between the line and linebackers. I thought the line held their position, but that Massillon running back would somehow get through and there was nobody there to stop him. Our tackling was terrible. Trying to take that kid high was not wise. I like our chances here. Strongsville has not been the same team for some time now. They do have size on the line, but I think our speed will give them problems. It will probably be a similar score as the other teams like this we have played this year. I think we need to get back to basics and practice tackling.
With all due respect to the Tigers of Massillon (and they deserve it phenomenal program). I don't see the point of this game on our schedule. It's a 90% guaranteed loss for the Falcons. What is it now 20 -8 in favor of the Tigers. Plus it's such a physical game with them you run the risk of injuries to your starters. Which in turn haunts the rest of your schedule. I realize it's hard to fill a 10 game schedule when your an independent. But IMO something to consider in the future. Now back to the thread topic.

With all due respect to the Tigers of Massillon (and they deserve it phenomenal program). I don't see the point of this game on our schedule. It's a 90% guaranteed loss for the Falcons. What is it now 20 -8 in favor of the Tigers. Plus it's such a physical game with them you run the risk of injuries to your starters. Which in turn haunts the rest of your schedule. I realize it's hard to fill a 10 game schedule when your an independent. But IMO something to consider in the future. Now back to the thread topic.
Wouldn't the point playing the likes of Massillon.
Is a reality check.
Same as Massillon scheduling.
Moeller & St Ed.

Wouldn't the point playing the likes of Massillon.
Is a reality check.
Same as Massillon scheduling.
Moeller & St Ed.
I get what your saying. Just not sure I agree. Anyhoo let's not turn this into another Massillon thread. It's Strongsville week...lol.

I definitely hope you guys beat Strongsville I have a lot of respect for austintown but I really have to ask you you really thought your line held their own and y'all gave up 405 yards rushing?

Really 😂😂😂? How do you expect to get into the playoffs without playing the top teams in your division in the regular season? You take Massillon off of your schedule for the regular season fine you guys go 10-0 just get blown out by Hoban?

I definitely hope you guys beat Strongsville I have a lot of respect for austintown but I really have to ask you you really thought your line held their own and y'all gave up 405 yards rushing?
I will give it to Massillon that they sustained their blocks and kept moving. But there was no one there after the Fitch front five. Usually you would try to funnel the tackles to the linebackers, but there was no one there. Massillon's line looked great, and did not let Fitch players to get separation, but we had no linebackers or anybody coming up to meet your running back once he got through. Ursuline did a similar thing. We were just got up on them early. We needed to do the same thing against Massillon and didn't. We did get turnovers but couldn't do anything with them, while against Ursuline we scored.

I want to play them. You have to figure out how to beat them. How could Hartman beat them on a regular basis, but no one else can? Moore is the best coach I've seen them have since they started playing us. He has them rolling. We have to figure a way to outplay them. Massillon has always been bigger and had better talent, yet we were able to beat them. It's up to Parker and company to come up with schemes to neutralize them. But you have to play teams like this to get better.

When we first started playing Massillon it was because we were trying to up the program and show we belonged. Coach Hartman had a winning record against the Tigers. We had some dark years where we weren't competing against anyone. Where our program is now, we absolutely must play Massillon every year. Same size public schools. We may have a losing record against them, but many of those games have been competitive. Just like when we started scheduling St Edward and scrimmage Iggy. We got better. The program is in a good place right now and as the lower levels come up in this atmosphere the varsity will continue to compete at high levels.

I know what you are saying, but you don't get better by not playing teams like Massillon and only scheduling mostly inferior opponents. Ask Massillon if they want to stop playing St Eds,very similar situation, yet they continue to play and improve, resulting in the win last week .

When we first started playing Massillon it was because we were trying to up the program and show we belonged. Coach Hartman had a winning record against the Tigers. We had some dark years where we weren't competing against anyone. Where our program is now, we absolutely must play Massillon every year. Same size public schools. We may have a losing record against them, but many of those games have been competitive. Just like when we started scheduling St Edward and scrimmage Iggy. We got better. The program is in a good place right now and as the lower levels come up in this atmosphere the varsity will continue to compete at high levels.
Agree. The worst thing is some of the besst talent we had to compete against them was wasted on bad coaches. But we have the kids to compete with these guys. Massillon just showed us what physical football is all about. Instead of dodging them, we need to try to match them. It's hard because of the area Massillon draws from, but we were able to compete before, we should be able to compete again.

I’ve always thought the series was a hard hitting respectful game between teams that have been playing off and on since the 80’s.
Fitch is in region 5 with Hoban, Walsh Jesuit, Hudson etc. so I don’t think you would want to soften the schedule and then have to play teams like that during the playoffs.

Agree. The worst thing is some of the besst talent we had to compete against them was wasted on bad coaches. But we have the kids to compete with these guys. Massillon just showed us what physical football is all about. Instead of dodging them, we need to try to match them. It's hard because of the area Massillon draws from, but we were able to compete before, we should be able to compete again.
Like I said bro I really got a lot of respect for you guys and you guys got a pretty good fan base and you guys are very respectful but in my honest opinion bro I don't think you guys are going to be able to compete with us for a long time and the only thing that I can see what is stopping you guys is the size like you guys is offensive line and defensive lines are very undersized and I think that is what is happening when we play you guys

Like I said bro I really got a lot of respect for you guys and you guys got a pretty good fan base and you guys are very respectful but in my honest opinion bro I don't think you guys are going to be able to compete with us for a long time and the only thing that I can see what is stopping you guys is the size like you guys is offensive line and defensive lines are very undersized and I think that is what is happening when we play you guys
You have a good point. I said this last week. Load the box with eight guys. Blitz like crazy and make them pass all night long. I like the chances of DBs making plays. Pisses me off that linebackers seven yards off line and DTs double teamed or pulling guards blow defense back four yards. Rinse and repeat over and over. Hartson carried 40 times and everyone knew what was coming.
What we really need to be perfectly blunt is a couple linemen, O and D from Ursuline, and one more from Harding and a Linebacker from Chaney. Until we get the same big man size and talent that Massillon goes and gets, this is what’s going to happen year after year. Our skill and speed is equal or better than Massillon. The know that and that’s why Moore ran the ball 50 some times. Be the azzholes and go get the players we need. Period.

I stand by what I said guys. We all have our opinions. I shall say no more on the subject. Good luck to the Tigers the rest of the season.

GO Falcons!

You have a good point. I said this last week. Load the box with eight guys. Blitz like crazy and make them pass all night long. I like the chances of DBs making plays. Pisses me off that linebackers seven yards off line and DTs double teamed or pulling guards blow defense back four yards. Rinse and repeat over and over. Hartson carried 40 times and everyone knew what was coming.
What we really need to be perfectly blunt is a couple linemen, O and D from Ursuline, and one more from Harding and a Linebacker from Chaney. Until we get the same big man size and talent that Massillon goes and gets, this is what’s going to happen year after year. Our skill and speed is equal or better than Massillon. The know that and that’s why Moore ran the ball 50 some times. Be the azzholes and go get the players we need. Period.
You do, it’s called OPEN ENROLLMENT.

I think you're reaching on the "our skill and speed is equal or better than Massillon."

You get student athletes from other school districts and private schools. Like many other schools do. Go to the Ohio Department of Education website. There is an Open Enrollment section.
Your funny. . Was just saying what the program needs. Not enough big bodies in the district and hard to be competitive against Hoban and some other region five teams being at a huge disadvantage.

You’ve got to get kids from outside- Fitch doesn’t get enough from other areas and that has has to change.
I want you to think back to the 90 team that beat Ignatius. Were we bigger than Iggy or Massillon for that matter? No, we were way smaller and less talented than we are today, but we had systems that played into our strengths and were able to keep teams off balance and win.

I want you to think back to the 90 team that beat Ignatius. Were we bigger than Iggy or Massillon for that matter? No, we were way smaller and less talented than we are today, but we had systems that played into our strengths and were able to keep teams off balance and win.
But that is like old school football for these kids. Your not going to win games going to wing T, Option, or full house backfield 35?years later. I get what you’re saying and similar to Chardon nowadays. They run that type of system great. But Hoban and the top half dozen teams in region five alone would beat Chardon on a regular basis IMO. This is same as St. Edward Darrin Halls senior year in Akron. Size mattters in football especially when a team runs against you 50 some times. I’ve heard you say before about five man line, moving LBs up in gap, rover etc.
and naturally I’m talking size with good or very good talent. I hope TJ Parker and the kids take this as a learning experience which they should. I was at game and there were some positives to take out of the teams performance.

I completely understand where you coming from but I don't think you guys are skilled position is better than ours Coach Moore ran the ball because he knew he could because if you guys are skilled position was better than ours you guys would have manned up Banks y'all wouldn't have been double teaming him just my opinion... See this is why I like you guys' fan base cuz we can actually sit and talk football without disrespecting each other

You’ve got to get kids from outside- Fitch doesn’t get enough from other areas and that has has to change.
That's funny you say that because we got four kids currently that is on the roster that are playing for that are from outside of Massillon but the two main receiving threats are both Massillon kids

I want to play them. You have to figure out how to beat them. How could Hartman beat them on a regular basis, but no one else can? Moore is the best coach I've seen them have since they started playing us. He has them rolling. We have to figure a way to outplay them. Massillon has always been bigger and had better talent, yet we were able to beat them. It's up to Parker and company to come up with schemes to neutralize them. But you have to play teams like this to get better.
Suggest a scheme that beats a physically dominant team, specifically with Fitch personnel in mind.

Suggest a scheme that beats a physically dominant team, specifically with Fitch personnel in mind.
I mean honestly bro and my personal opinion I don't think Fitch has a scheme problem I think it's more of a personnel problem you can't just be a top contender in the state just by having athletes or thinking your athletes is better than another group of athletes that's not going to get you nowhere you have to have the right personnel to be able to accomplish anything and by saying that that means your offensive line and your defensive lines have to be able to establish themselves in order for your offense and defense to work and I will apologize for hijacking you guys thread but and by no means do I mean this in a disrespectful way to the kid because I wish him the best but you cannot have a four-star DE that basically is a non-factor because of his size and yes I understand the kid is 6'4 6'5 is but 230!?!! Them 2 DE's Ed's was stars and they look the par they both have solid frames an look the par of what a true P5 Ashley should look like and also not to mention they also have a big kids at DT as well along with sizeable LBs . And my honest opinion from a Austintown Finch standpoint you guys a scheme has nothing to do with why you guys lost that was just basically a physicality type game an Tbh I think Coach Moore an staff heard all of the chatter throughout the week how you guys were better and you guys have the best team that you guys had in a long time and it was just got check time we going to line up run the ball down your throat and basically punch you in the mouth and bring you down to reality what's the type of game that that was but like I said good luck to Fitch the rest of the way prayers for a injury-free season!!