Week 6: Jackson (5-0) @ Lake (4-0)

pastGas

Jackson at 5-0 has put up 171 points in 5 games. Average 34.2 per game. They gave up 113. Average 22.6 per game. Average spread, 11.6.

Lake at 4-0 has put up 113 points in 4 games. Average 28.25 per game. They gave up 23. Average 5.75 per game. Average spread, 22.5.

Okay boys and girls, let the bovine excrement fly.

Last edited:

Jackson at 5-0 has put up 171 points in 5 games. Average 34.2 per game. They gave up 113. Average 28.25 per game. Average spread, 5.95.

Lake at 4-0 has put up 104 points in 4 games. Average 20.8 per game. They gave up 23. Average 5.75 per game. Average spread, 15.05.

Okay boys and girls, let the bovine excrement fly.
If I’m not mistaken, I’m pretty sure lake has put up 113 points in 4 games.

We find out how good Lake is this week. For whatever reason, typically Jackson has their number. Lake defense has been really good and fast. Geissinger will challenge a pretty solid secondary for Lake. Jackson will have their hands full stopping a deep Lake running back position. The good news for Lake is they are so young and most thought a year or two away. Certainly contrasting styles of Football. Should be a pretty good one.

2013 right? Didn’t Spradling and Lake’s RB (think his name was Matt) combine for like 500 rushing yards in that one?
You've got quite a memory. Jackson's Spradling rushed for 246 yards and 4 TD's. Matt Blasiole rushed for 243 yards and 5TD's. Jackson won 39-36 on Jake Costin's 39 yard field goal as time expired.

Costin did the same thing in 2011, kicking a 33 yard field goal with :05 seconds remaining for the 31-28 win. In that game Blasiole rushed for 203 yards and Cooper Merrill rushed for 229 yards for Jackson.

Both games were at Lake.

You've got quite a memory. Jackson's Spradling rushed for 246 yards and 4 TD's. Matt Blasiole rushed for 243 yards and 5TD's. Jackson won 39-36 on Jake Costin's 39 yard field goal as time expired.

Costin did the same thing in 2011, kicking a 33 yard field goal with :05 seconds remaining for the 31-28 win. In that game Blasiole rushed for 203 yards and Cooper Merrill rushed for 229 yards for Jackson.

Both games were at Lake.
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a QB in the Federal League who was as good a runner as Cooper Merrill. First time I saw a game at Jackson was In 2011. Merrill running behind Darian Terrell was unstoppable.

Both games were at Lake.
Ricky and Matt were two of the better backs stark county has seen. Man were they fun to watch.

I have Jackson 28-17. I Believe Craig is too much for the Blue Streaks in a hard fought physical game. Lake hasn't seen the offense Jackson presents up to this point so it will be interesting to see can this Physical Lake defense keep up with the high power speed offense of the Polar Bears

These two schools, along with Perry have produced the most great running backs in the Fed over the last 10-15 years. Blasiole, Spradling, Ethan Adkins, Cam Martin,Isles, Luther, Jimmy Denke, and now two more outstanding backs with Craig and Solberger.

Thinking about this game and how it is going to go. If Jackson controls line of scrimmage and they can throw the ball, I think they win. That is a big if. If Lake can run the ball, and having seen both team play, fairly certain they can, simply because they are so deep at the position, they win with ball control offense keeping Jackson spread off the field. Finally the trenches. I feel Lake has a little more size up front than Jackson. I also think Lake has a decent athletic secondary that matches up with Jackson passing game. They have given up some passing yards, but not much, and they have several interceptions in those games. They are very athletic, and doing it without their best cover guy in Champagne. They have to get pressure on Geissinger and they will have to stop Craig. I am going to take Lake in this one by the thinnest of margins. Lake also has depth now with almost 80 players and not a ton of kids going both ways, as was the case in the past. Both teams have good kickers as well. I will take Lake 23-20. I think the ball control offense keeps Jackson off the field. Lake QB has to play a good game as well and cannot throw pics or Jackson wins.

Thinking about this game and how it is going to go. If Jackson controls line of scrimmage and they can throw the ball, I think they win. That is a big if. If Lake can run the ball, and having seen both team play, fairly certain they can, simply because they are so deep at the position, they win with ball control offense keeping Jackson spread off the field. Finally the trenches. I feel Lake has a little more size up front than Jackson. I also think Lake has a decent athletic secondary that matches up with Jackson passing game. They have given up some passing yards, but not much, and they have several interceptions in those games. They are very athletic, and doing it without their best cover guy in Champagne. They have to get pressure on Geissinger and they will have to stop Craig. I am going to take Lake in this one by the thinnest of margins. Lake also has depth now with almost 80 players and not a ton of kids going both ways, as was the case in the past. Both teams have good kickers as well. I will take Lake 23-20. I think the ball control offense keeps Jackson off the field. Lake QB has to play a good game as well and cannot throw pics or Jackson wins.
I hope you’re right PT. Although Lake hasn’t always played their best game when facing Jackson. They are most certainly going to need it. For some reason I don’t have a great feeling about this game, never do when facing Jackson. But we shall see. Hope I’m wrong.

My Only issue is, if you look at the teams Lake has played so far lest be honest none of them have been very good. The teams they have played are a combined 3-16, and they could have easily lost to GlenOak. I was at that game it was 7-6 Gleanoak going into the 4th and two 4th quarter turnovers cost Gleanoak the game. My worry is are they truly battle testes on both sides of the ball as this will be their true 1st test. Budd has had DeGeorge number besides last years contest. I do think Lake is a good team and does have some good athletes, however watching Craig I don't think Lake will truly have an answer for him.

Bottom line. I think this game is a measuring stick for both teams. Jackson opponents to this point have not been stellar either, combined 8-17. Certainly better than Lake, but again, you can only play the schedule and you have no control over who you play. I predicted Lake but truly don't know how this one is going to go and who emerges as a contender, opposed to a pretender.

Bottom line. I think this game is a measuring stick for both teams. Jackson opponents to this point have not been stellar either, combined 8-17. Certainly better than Lake, but again, you can only play the schedule and you have no control over who you play. I predicted Lake but truly don't know how this one is going to go and who emerges as a contender, opposed to a pretender.
You're also forgetting Jackson has played 1 extra game than Lake as well. Unfortunately the best team (Maple Hts) Lake would have played to date had to be canceled. Atleast by record they are. Not sure if they have played anyone decent or not. Also Jackson and Lake both played East. So they do have a common opponent.

What make the Green win a "good win?"
Because i said so, lol. I've watched HS football for over 40 years. I've watched this Green team and when they are usually bad I'm not afraid to say so (which is usually). I still enjoy watching great kids give it their all....and City of Green kids at that. This is our once in awhile team and although not great they are pretty good just not deep. Now the injury bug may make them average they were still at full strength for some of the Jackson game. IMO the best QB/WR duo in the league.

Because i said so, lol. I've watched HS football for over 40 years. I've watched this Green team and when they are usually bad I'm not afraid to say so (which is usually). I still enjoy watching great kids give it their all....and City of Green kids at that. This is our once in awhile team and although not great they are pretty good just not deep. Now the injury bug may make them average they were still at full strength for some of the Jackson game. IMO the best QB/WR duo in the league.
4-25....