Week 6: Elder(2-3) vs. St. Xavier(5-0)

And as far as this game, what really needs to be said? Elder's a huge underdog and likely going to get beat badly. Everyone is already expecting the worst case scenario, so you have nothing to lose. Take risks, play loose, there's no pressure on you whatsoever.

He’s saying there’s not that many teams in the area where you expect a loss when Elder plays them. And he’s right.

Regardless of not pulling in outside talent, they’re still a very, very good program with kids that get the job done a good majority of the time.

Could they be better? Yes.

Is it gloom and doom? Not even close.

Last edited:
I stand. And again, you’re obsession with me is weird.
Your obsession with Teenage boys is weird too! We already discussed this dumb a ss. Pressure is always a part of competitive athletics, which you don’t understand.

Your obsession with Teenage boys is weird too! We already discussed this dumb a ss. Pressure is always a part of competitive athletics, which you don’t understand.
There’s no pressure on Elder at all. Nobody expects them to win this game or even keep it close. They can throw caution to the wind Friday and just play loose.

I'm not sure what you mean by consensus loser. Do you mean major underdog? I'm not being snarky, just looking for clarity.
Yes major underdog. As in, no one thinks they'll win. Left for dead. No hope. The consensus of the Yappi talking heads are all picking against Elder by multiple scores. Etc.

Last edited:
And as far as this game, what really needs to be said? Elder's a huge underdog and likely going to get beat badly. Everyone is already expecting the worst case scenario, so you have nothing to lose. Take risks, play loose, there's no pressure on you whatsoever.
Bingo. What's the saying, a wild animal becomes most dangerous when back into a corner. That's where the Panthers find themselves right now.

If Elder can win the turnover battle, they can keep it respectable. St. Xavier doesn't come ready to play, or just has a bad game then Elder can pull the upset. I like this Elder team. They play hard they have some playmakers, but St. Xavier is just too sound at every position.

I'm okay with lowering my prediction to St. Xavier 35 Elder 21

I hope elder throws in some wrinkles on the offensive end, because I don’t think they can score 21 points with their typical offense. Specht knows it too well.
X- 45
E- 13

If elder gets out to a good start, I could see this being a competitive game.

I hope elder throws in some wrinkles on the offensive end, because I don’t think they can score 21 points with their typical offense. Specht knows it too well.
X- 45
E- 13

If elder gets out to a good start, I could see this being a competitive game.

Elder has to have drives. 3 and outs and turnovers give the St. X offense too good of field position. It's really all on the Elder offense tomorrow on how competitive this game will be. From what I've seen, the X front gets too much pressure and they can sit back 7 defenders in coverage making it almost impossible to get a good pass game going.

I got faith in Ramsey to have a good game plan to get the chains moving.

I think the defense will play tough. I'll take X in this one 31-14. I think it'll be tight at the half, 10-7 or 14-7.

Replacing Paff will be near impossible, but whoever steps in will play hard we know that. I'm hoping we see Ramsey get more plays on defense.

Replacing Paff will be near impossible, but whoever steps in will play hard we know that. I'm hoping we see Ramsey get more plays on defense.
To counteract the No Huddle, Elder is probably going to have to sub multiple players.

Elder is going to have to be extremely creative and implement a lot of new facets to their Defense if they want any prayer of slowing down the X Offense. It’ll take a masterful game plan and flawless execution to get this done. Similar to what the Giants did 30 yrs ago when the Bills had their explosive Offense with Kelly, Thomas and Reed.

Would agree about Paff. As an X fan I would love to see Ramsey playing a lot of defense, the only way Elder has a chance is to grind it out and shorten the game and hope X makes mistakes on offense. Where do you put Ramsey on D that you think he will make enough of a difference

Would agree about Paff. As an X fan I would love to see Ramsey playing a lot of defense, the only way Elder has a chance is to grind it out and shorten the game and hope X makes mistakes on offense. Where do you put Ramsey on D that you think he will make enough of a difference

He comes in a lot on 3rd downs at outside linebacker usually blitzing but dropping in coverage sometimes. Kirch comes in as a rusher on 3rd down sometimes and Flowers at safety sometimes. You might see Flowers on defense more with Paff out, but Elder has Paff and another RB out so they might not be able to risk losing Flowers.

Agree, maybe a bit more Ramsey runs, give the line more blockers and less guys to block. Make them read with discipline and make their ends contain, take the heat off the down hill pass rushers

You are really gonna upset Pboy with the play hard, ra ra stuff?. I’m sticking with my original prediction, X by 3 TDs

So glad I quit coming here on a regular basis! I drop in once in awhile and quickly notice nothing has changed. I don’t know how some of you guys can keep up the daily bashing. Step away, your life will be much better, trust me.

So glad I quit coming here on a regular basis! I drop in once in awhile and quickly notice nothing has changed. I don’t know how some of you guys can keep up the daily bashing. Step away, your life will be much better, trust me.
Do you want people blowing smoke? I don’t get an enjoyment out of this but I’m not going to lie. Elder isn’t a bad team at all, but they’re overmatched with the schedule and in this game. I hope some way they can make this a game, but there’s no logical way for that to happen.

Do you want people blowing smoke? I don’t get an enjoyment out of this but I’m not going to lie. Elder isn’t a bad team at all, but they’re overmatched with the schedule and in this game. I hope some way they can make this a game, but there’s no logical way for that to happen.

that’s my point, I don’t care if they blow smoke! I want Elder to win too, but I just don’t care about the smoke blowers. I recommend you do the same. Just think of how many hours you have poured into this board stating your opinions. You’ll never change those minds, and they’ll never change yours. So why keep slamming your head into a wall trying. Let it go, grab a beer, enjoy life. Give it a whirl. I’m out! ?