Week 5: Green (0-1) (3-1) @ McKinley (1-0) (2-2)

Forgot to add...Greens Trey Martins status in this game will have a huge impact in the outcome.

Forgot to add...Greens Trey Martins status in this game will have a huge impact in the outcome.
I hope he plays,saw the play when he came hurt and didn't look serious.Going to be good games in the Fed the rest of the season except maybe Lake and GlenOak.

It's September 12, 2021

Canton McKinley (2 - 2) vs Uniontown Green (3 - 1)

Where: Tom Benison Stadium

When: Friday September 17, 2021

Time: 7:00 PM

Cal Preps.com has it:

Canton McKinley by 4 points

Weather

Scattered Thunderstorms in the afternoon

High: 83

Low: 67

40% Chance of rain

Wind: SSW 7 mph

:D :cool: :) :p :unsure:

This is IUDOGS signing off.

McKinley needs to out score Green to win because there defense stinks.

McKinley's points so far this year.....

Mentor 7
Fitch 28
Wayne 28
Perry 27

McKinley should be able to score 28 points.If Green scores 27 or less they lose.

This game boils down to if Martin and Simmer can go for Green, both hurt last week. If they are a go at close to 100% Green will be the favorite in this game. If they cannot go I don't see them having much of a chance. They are just not deep enough to lose 2 of their best 3 players and be in many games.

This game boils down to if Martin and Simmer can go for Green, both hurt last week. If they are a go at close to 100% Green will be the favorite in this game. If they cannot go I don't see them having much of a chance. They are just not deep enough to lose 2 of their best 3 players and be in many games.

What positions do Martin and Simmer play?

The Bulldogs lost two players for the season that probably would have played O/D and they keep going...BAM!

The Bulldogs lost two players for the season that probably would have played O/D and they keep going...BAM!
Yes, losing players stinks and hate to see that for the kids. However depth has always been a huge problem for Green since entering the Fed. McK is one of the biggest schools in the state and acquired another HS not that long ago. Green does not have those numbers or that ,uxery.

Unfortunately, I agree with your assessment of Green's depth. At the Ellet game, I counted 45 players dressed on the sideline. Smallest roster I can remember for Green. However, as long as Van Horn is on the field, I think Green has a shot.

Yes, losing players stinks and hate to see that for the kids. However depth has always been a huge problem for Green since entering the Fed. McK is one of the biggest schools in the state and acquired another HS not that long ago. Green does not have those numbers or that ,uxery.
McKinley might have large numbers student wise but as far as football numbers not nearly the quantity or quality it takes to compete at the D1 level. It's just not there for football and they will continue to struggle for years and years because of it.

It is my understanding, and please someone correct me if I have incorrect information, however, that the Canton McK Freshman team has around 45 players. If, over the next 2-3 years, they can draw 45-50 players for the Freshman football squad, they might see a varsity/JV team of 85-95 players, allowing for the normal attrition rate, from freshman year to junior or senior year. Who knows......

Green has very good skill and McKinley is not very solid in any phase of the game. I believe in a 48 minute game Green wins…this is their year. They just need to hang around and the Bulldogs at some point will self destruct ….been their norm for the past few years. Good health to both teams. Interesting matchup…Fed is way down.

LMAO no it's not. Its a fact that McKinley is a big D1 school with a lot of guys on the roster while Green is a mid-size D2 school. Of course injuries will have a greater effect on teams with smaller rosters.
What are the roster numbers for Green and McKinley?

What are the roster numbers for Green and McKinley?
Green has 49 guys on the varsity roster, though I know for sure that one freshman has been brought up, so that would make 50.

Looking through previous years, there were 43 guys on the roster last season, 54 in 2019, 66 in 2018 and 60 in 2017.

From what I've heard, Simmer will be a no-go this weekend.