Week 5: Elder(3-1) vs. Louisville St. Xavier(KY)(4-0)

Both Defenses are rock solid, which feels weird to say about Elder, but it’s true. Have to think whomever controls the TOP, wins the game.

I don’t think this is a real picture… where is the LaRosa’s booth? 🤷

The first Larosas's opened on Boudinot in 1954. The concrete stands were not started until estimated 1938. That puts this picture some year before 1938. The first Elder football season was 1923.

My guess is this picture is somewhere in the 1933-1935 seasons. Anyone else have a guess or know somehow?

For the love of God Elder, lose the sideline cameras until you can find someone or something that can hold them steady.

Huge win by E. Defense was outstanding again, the turning point came when they held X to a FG after the pick put them inside the E 10.

Love to see Elder punch back each time X took the lead. Big long TD pass by X to go up 7-3, immediate answer by Elder to go up 10-7. X takes the lead 13-10, Panthers go 70 yards and take the 17-13 lead. The OL did a great job and just wore down that X defense in the 4th Qtr. Defense with two huge stands inside the 10, holding them to FGs. Good all-around team win against a very good team.

I'd just like to point out another win by thr Panthers by running the ball better than the opponent.

But seriously, that was a very nice game up front on both sides.

I'd just like to point out another win by thr Panthers by running the ball better than the opponent.

But seriously, that was a very nice game up front on both sides.
You must’ve also missed some huge completions that extended drives. I believe Elder had a 3&12 in their own territory they had to convert on the Autenrieb TD drive.

You must’ve also missed some huge completions that extended drives. I believe Elder had a 3&12 in their own territory they had to convert on the Autenrieb TD drive.
Nope saw it. I also saw X stretched the field better than E and lost.

Nope saw it. I also saw X stretched the field better than E and lost.
No they didn’t. Elder also took deep shots and nearly connected on a few. That helped open up the intermediate part of the field where they took advantage.

No they didn’t. Elder also took deep shots and nearly connected on a few. That helped open up the intermediate part of the field where they took advantage.
Uh, yes they definitely stretched the field better than Elder. They had more passing yards, better average per completion, and their long pass was significantly longer than Elder's.

I'm not so sure what better means to you.

Uh, yes they definitely stretched the field better than Elder. They had more passing yards, better average per completion, and their long pass was significantly longer than Elder's.

I'm not so sure what better means to you.
They had more passing yards basically bc of one play. They were also in the 2 minute offense after the last TD. Elder nearly had 2 deep TDs, one that would’ve been a 90+ yd TD to Re if Schoster doesn’t slightly over throw him and the long pass to Browne that was broken up before the int. Even if Elder didn’t hit on those plays, they still made Ville X respect the deep threat which helped open up the intermediate part of the field.

Disappointed this isn’t generating more discussion. This was a massive win, and it was a total team win as ADS pointed out.

There’s no doubt this team has now arrived. I love the Senior leadership. They are playing cocky and determined. Each game the offense is opened a little more and the defense gets better. The dline and linebacker core was outstanding last night with a pass rush we have not seen in years. Samari and the 4 defensive tackles they rotate are the start of it all.

I think everyone is cautious to start pounding their chest too much because we all know the next two weeks will tell the story about where this team stands.

There’s no doubt this team has now arrived. I love the Senior leadership. They are playing cocky and determined. Each game the offense is opened a little more and the defense gets better. The dline and linebacker core was outstanding last night with a pass rush we have not seen in years. Samari and the 4 defensive tackles they rotate are the start of it all.

I think everyone is cautious to start pounding their chest too much because we all know the next two weeks will tell the story about where this team stands.
Confident, not cocky.

Confident, not cocky.
I detect some red a-s play by our corners and safety. Moorman was daring that kid to take him deep all night.
I think on their long td pass play that they had there was a coverage mistake and Guttekunst was expecting Priestley for deep coverage help. It looked to me that Priestley was supposed to rotate to the top and he didn’t. But just my observation. They were trying to wave him to the top before the snap. No, I am not the DC. Just an old fan in the stand.

I noticed the JV qb Roden whom I was told was injured dressed for the game and appeared to be fine in warmups.
#82-Mirus that has been mentioned on this sight- I don’t see him anywhere on the sideline.

I noticed the JV qb Roden whom I was told was injured dressed for the game and appeared to be fine in warmups.
#82-Mirus that has been mentioned on this sight- I don’t see him anywhere on the sideline.
Im told Mirus is likely out for the yr.

Also, the Elder Backs were excellent in pass protection. Carter would’ve had at least 2 more sacks if Autenrieb didn’t put a helmet on him.

I detect some red a-s play by our corners and safety. Moorman was daring that kid to take him deep all night.
I think on their long td pass play that they had there was a coverage mistake and Guttekunst was expecting Priestley for deep coverage help. It looked to me that Priestley was supposed to rotate to the top and he didn’t. But just my observation. They were trying to wave him to the top before the snap. No, I am not the DC. Just an old fan in the stand.
I believe Priestle was injured, but a definite miscommunication in the secondary somewhere. You could tell by the body language after the play not everyone was on the same page and Currin let someone have it. Haven't seen him that animated before, gotta love the fire the defense has all the way around, coaches included.

Also, the Elder Backs were excellent in pass protection. Carter would’ve had at least 2 more sacks if Autenrieb didn’t put a helmet on him.
The FB position isn't a very glamorous position anywhere, but that's especially true at Elder. You're basically a 6th lineman on the vast majority of snaps. But man, he's one of the best they've had at that position. He sticks his nose in there against bigger, faster dudes and he's a sneaky threat in the pass game.

The FB position isn't a very glamorous position anywhere, but that's especially true at Elder. You're basically a 6th lineman on the vast majority of snaps. But man, he's one of the best they've had at that position. He sticks his nose in there against bigger, faster dudes and he's a sneaky threat in the pass game.
He’s a stud, he deserves all the praise he gets on here.

Moorman has been one of their best defensive players this season. Priestle was injured and did not play. The other corner was Summers. The TD pass looked like some botched responsibility. I don't know whose man it was, but I'm sure it will be fixed for this week against X.

The front 7 has been very good and it will get a boost when Hoerenschmeyer is back eventually. Hulen and Freeman had a great game. McKenna has gotten better since last year also. I still think they should be playing 4 defensive lineman in some situations with Hoerenschmeyer out. They would benefit with a consistent rotation with Ginn able to play any of the 3 DL positions. Heitz was injured last game and did not play. He is also good and could rotate.

If there was any doubt how good this team is, it was answered Friday night. This is the best Elder team since 2019 that was a play away from a state championship. Division 1 is wide open this year. Moeller and Lakota West are favorites for Region 4, but this team has the defense to keep them in any game.