Week 5: Elder(2-2) vs. Louisville St. Xavier(2-1)

Elder is fine where it is.

It is fine, they are not moving anywhere. I'm just saying don't expect Elder to be able to draw from areas like Anderson, West Chester, Mason, Sharonville, Montgomery. They are not in a location to do that. St. Xavier and Moeller are.

Reactions: E82
It is fine, they are not moving anywhere. I'm just saying don't expect Elder to be able to draw from areas like Anderson, West Chester, Mason, Sharonville, Montgomery. They are not in a location to do that. St. Xavier and Moeller are.
There’s already kids from the Anderson area that are at Elder or have gone to Elder. Anderson is actually equidistant bw Elder and X, at least depending on which part you’re departing from.
West Chester & Mason are never going to be realistic, that’s just way too far out.

There’s already kids from the Anderson area that are at Elder or have gone to Elder. Anderson is actually equidistant bw Elder and X, at least depending on which part you’re departing from.
West Chester & Mason are never going to be realistic, that’s just way too far out.

You might get 1 or 2 if you're lucky. Even getting students from White Oak area for example is a stretch, because it's a pain to get to Elder from Lasalle area. Elder is stuck with westside pretty much except for a few here and there from different parts of the tristate. The real win for Elder would be if Kentucky residents could be eligible for sports in Ohio.

Reactions: E82
Do you have kids? The last thing most parents want to do is drive their kids 45+ minutes to get them to school or a school event. You and the UC guy are living in a fantasy land.

Elder will every once and awhile get a few east side kids. Less than 10% of their student body. Probably 5% at most.

X draws kids from all over Hamilton county, plus warren, Butler counties as well.

Probably a quarter to a third of Elders student body comes from Cleves and North bend these days and that can take upwards of a half hour to get to Elder.

Do you have kids? The last thing most parents want to do is drive their kids 45+ minutes to get them to school or a school event. You and the UC guy are living in a fantasy land.
No, but I wouldn’t force my kid to go to Elder regardless. Also, working downtown, it’s a short 10 minute drive from my office.

Also, it’s roughly a half hour to Elder and X from Anderson.