Week 5: Elder(2-2) vs. Louisville St. Xavier(2-1)

Welcome Panther fans to Louisville St X. I am with St Xavier's broadcast team and originally from Cincy ( Bacon Grad). I married a Seton girl and have 5 brother in laws that are Elder grads. So let me give you some ideas and helping hints about tomorrow.
First off, traffic will be horrible with the U of L game on the Watterson Expressway. ( ok not as bad as the brent spence! )
First, Hometown Pizza is ok but specialize in pizza buffets so with Covid hasn't been a regular spot for me in the last 2 years. Bearnos,(https://bearnos.com/ and Wicks (https://www.wickspizza.com/ )are the best locals ( think a sports bar ish La Rosas ) and if you want Chicago style pizza, Impellizeris ( http://impellizzeris.com/)is incredible.
Tomorrow night is Little Tiger night so all of the little kids get to run on the field after the game. Parking in the St X lot is tough to get out of after a game so I suggest parking at George Rogers Clark park across from the driveway entrance to St X. You may be able to enjoy an adult beverage over there tailgating as adult beverages are forbidden on St Xavier property.
The closest thing to Price hill chili is a bar on Burnett called Checks cafe. You stand in line, order your food and drink and they bring it out to you. Since St Xavier is in Germantown, rest assured you can get a brat there.
The St X crowd will be at Tim Tam ( on Clarks ) for pregame that usually has a large tent set up on game night and serves food too.
The visitor side of Brother Thomas Moore Stadium has only 4 rows from goal line to goal line so you are welcome to sit on the home side.
Our Concession stand has pretty good grilled chicken sandwiches. However with all of the little Tigers, it will be crowded.
I attached the 2 deep media sheet and none of the 6 defensive injured players are listed on that sheet so expect a high scoring offensive game. The sheet has a link to our stats too if you want to peruse that. We broadcast locally tomorrow on 1080 AM, getting kicked off of our regular 50,000 watt 790 AM for the U of L game.
Really looking forward to seeing the Panthers tomorrow. Really looking forward to our return trip next year to the Pit. If anyone has direct questions, just im me at jimmyref@yahoo.com.
Thanks I appreciate this info. I probably go to the Kentucky Exposition Center 2 or 3 times a year and the Watterson always seems to have traffic on it.

I spent a lot of time In Carroll County, Kentucky growing up and that is where I got my love for Hometown. The closest location to Cincy is in Warsaw, and that is still a drive for pizza. I am off work today and plan to start the drive down about noon. I love two lane black tops so plan to get off in Richwood, and drive down 42.

I am going to preset my radio to 1080 so I can listen to you guys on the way home. I have heard good things about the stadium and if I remember correctly, It is less than 20 years old. If I make it to the game tonight it will be the 50th different HS stadium I have been in. My drive by Manual Stadium too because it is close and I think historic.

Looking forward to a good game. I know it is not the first time the two schools have played, but it is the first time in probably 60 years.

Yes. Been out since beginning of season and some were injured 1st game.
I would like to say thank you to you and Jimmyref for coming over here and helping us Elder folk. I Like to go read bluegrasspreps.com, but I can't justify 20 bucks a year for 1 game. The Guru does a good job, but for one game it isn't worth it. Next year please come back and I will be glad to help you with parking and other things. Heck the Brent Spence will still be horrible and I will tell you how to take a cool ferry across the river if you have the time.

I would like to say thank you to you and Jimmyref for coming over here and helping us Elder folk. I Like to go read bluegrasspreps.com, but I can't justify 20 bucks a year for 1 game. The Guru does a good job, but for one game it isn't worth it. Next year please come back and I will be glad to help you with parking and other things. Heck the Brent Spence will still be horrible and I will tell you how to take a cool ferry across the river if you have the time.
Thanks! I'm over at Bluegrass preps. I don't blame you due to cost. I will definitely be coming up next year. YW!

Elder’s never had so much trouble with this before and the staff is the same as it’s been for decades. That leads me to believe it’s more about the players than coaches.

Will these guys be too big for Elder's small oline?

DE #80 Trey Prather 6'3" 250 Jr.
NG #51 Andrew Weikert 5'11" 261 Jr.
DE #92 JJ Watters 6'2" 225 Sr.

LB #54 Luke Saner 5'11" 202 Sr.
LB #13 Ben Marks 5'10" 187 Sr.
LB #57 Brandon Shaffner 5'11" 200 Sr.
LB #38 Henry Murr 6'3" 195 Jr.

CB #30 Jack Fitzgerald 6'1" 170 Jr.
S #39 Tyler Boggs 5'10" 171 Jr.
S #17 Will Walters 6'2" 190 Sr.
CB #6 Jackson Poma 5'10" 170 Sr.

Louisville St. X offense 8 Senior starters

LT #76 Tommy Rosenbarger 6'4" 298 So.
LG #67 Paul Gates 6'3" 260 Sr.
C #56 Carter Guillaume 6'0" 225 So.
RG #69 Blaine Donlon 6'1" 265 Sr.
RT #68 Sam Carr 6'1" 262 Sr.

QB #2 Jack Sivori 5'11" 185 Sr.
RB #34 Justin Walsh 5'10" 188 Sr.
WR #89 Michael Duddy 6'3" 180 Sr.
WR #16 Jackson Campisano 6'0" 175 Jr.
WR #7 Mekhi Smith 5'11" 185 Sr.
TE #85 Will Beckmann 6'4" 197 Sr.

#99 DE Micah Carter 6'5" 265 Jr. will be a big loss for the St. X front tonight. He already has offers from UK, UL, Arizona St., Boston College, GA Tech, Michigan St., Purdue, and West Virginia.

The report says he was injured in week 1 vs. Owensboro and status unknown, but I will take VilleX word for him being out.

4 defensive starters that appear to be out for Louisville St. Xavier tonight
OUT
DE #99 Micah Carter 6'5" 265 Jr.
NG #52 Leandre Maxwell 6'1" 268 Sr.
DE #50 Teddy Meiers 6'2" 245 Jr.
OLB #11 Jaxon Panariello 6'2" 215

#99 DE Micah Carter 6'5" 265 Jr. will be a big loss for the St. X front tonight. He already has offers from UK, UL, Arizona St., Boston College, GA Tech, Michigan St., Purdue, and West Virginia.

The report says he was injured in week 1 vs. Owensboro and status unknown, but I will take VilleX word for him being out.
That is a huge loss, he was going to be a big problem for Elder. Still, expect this game to be a tossup. The travel is an important factor.

7C969BB6-F367-453E-9C12-529450AB529D.jpeg

Older pic of our stadium. Home stands hold 5,000 and smaller visitor stands hold 1,000. Also, some people like to stand around fence.

Looks like a great setup. My only complaint would be the track pushing the stands so far away from the action but Elder is unique/spoiled in that way.
True. I coach track and we are back to back state champions so glad we have it. Definitely not as good for football.

4 defensive starters that appear to be out for Louisville St. Xavier tonight
OUT
DE #99 Micah Carter 6'5" 265 Jr.
NG #52 Leandre Maxwell 6'1" 268 Sr.
DE #50 Teddy Meiers 6'2" 245 Jr.
OLB #11 Jaxon Panariello 6'2" 215
Also two corner backs out. They all have been out since week 1. Jaxon Panariello was leading tackler last year as sophomore so he is big loss along with Micah Carter. Panariello has started practicing but not listed on depth chart. Probably wanting bring him back slowly since has knee issue. I thought with all those guys healthy could have one of best defenses in school history. Most should be back by October and playoffs is all I'm concerned about so should be health by then barring injuries. Owensboro had D1 QB that just left mid season for Rutgers. We were shutting them out 17-0 in 1Q. Then the two Defensive ends and corner back went out injured in early part of game and then gave up 38 points. Central is not good offensively and held them to 6. Male #1 team in KY and they scored 28. I expect Elder to be able to score. St. X offense has been good because of QB Jack Sivori's ability to run. Best player on team is WR Mekhi Smith and have to know where he's at at all times. WR Michael Duddy is 6' 3" and a big target. Both WR's are seniors and been starting since sophomore year. I expect St. X to be able to score as well. Should be good game.

Again, you’re obsessed with me. I don’t swing that way.
Me either! Just enjoy telling you how much of a wuss you are and clueless about competitive athletics! I see you started crying about the bus ride already. Blah blah blah! You are a total fn joke! I expect another level of ignorance after a Elder loses this week.

If anyone has a 2 deep chart and a stats website, it would be appreciated. Thanks

This might have changed since last weeks bad loss.

ELDER OFFENSE
QB Ben Hambleton
RB Luke Flowers / Nicholas Paff
WR/RB Drew Ramsey
WR Andrew Harp
WR Nick Broxterman / Zane Klusman
TE Mike Kirch / Carson Browne
LT Evan James
LG Jack Conners
C Will Singler
RG Beau Bryson
RT Austin Bass

ELDER DEFENSE
DE Liam Hulen
NG Samari Freeman
DE Liam McKenna / Henry Heitz
LB Nathan Schaerer
LB Andrew Spinney
LB Bradley Hoernschmeyer / Joshua Dugan
CB Bartley Thomas
CB Chris Kammerer
S Nicholas Paff
S Kyriakos Georges
S Zack Gutekunst

Elder Roster https://www.ehsports.com/team/roster/2021/boys/varsity/football

Last edited:
Can't imagine some of the things Ramsey is/will be yelling at them. The start to this game is pretty embarrassing for all involved.