Week 5: Elder(2-2) vs. Louisville St. Xavier(2-1)

This is flat out false. Look at the OL Elder had 2 years ago when they went to State. They had 3 D1 players. The Line is too small and it’s been proven when they go up against big fronts. There’s no technique that will help a linemen who is barely 200 lbs block a 260 lbs DL. And again, the kids are playing hard, but there’s just not much they can do.
That's not true and you know it. Is it easy? Of course not, but it absolutely can be done.

A 200lb lineman can certainly block a 260lb DL, and teams do it all the time. And last time I looked, Elder didn't have any 200lb O-Lineman starting.

What you are talking about 2 years ago is a statistical anomaly. There are not too many teams that have 3 D1 guys out of 5 on the O-Line. This is on the O-line coach and the play calling if it's truly an issue..... I really don't think it is as bad as many are saying. The 2 "bad" games were against the top 3-4 teams in the state. As I said, everyone needs to calm down.

Again, quit with all this "too small nonsense." Most teams would kill for an O-line the size of Elder's.
Pboy knows absolutely nothing about competitive athletics. All he thinks he knows is numbers (height&weight) and potential from those numbers and his opinion. I think you said you used to Coach around here so you have seen a 200lb guy Block a 260 lb guy. Pboy will never grasp this. You heard the term Sports Nerd, he Elder Football idiot!

I'm well aware this isn't 1950 and also aware that Elder has been spread for almost 20 years. But you can still combo block, sprint out, cut block, and have quick hitting passes to get around all of that.
Another example of Pboy having no clue about competitive athletics or Football like he claims he does??‍♂️

Elders line is a bit undersized when it comes to holding up against squads like Pick and Ed's but that loss was way deeper than line play.
Also, pboy might be over the top at times, especially yrs ago, but he does usually seem spot on when talking football. My guess is he has more knowledge than you Smarty, maybe because your obsession with him clouds your brain and weird

Pboy knows absolutely nothing about competitive athletics. All he thinks he knows is numbers (height&weight) and potential from those numbers and his opinion. I think you said you used to Coach around here so you have seen a 200lb guy Block a 260 lb guy. Pboy will never grasp this. You heard the term Sports Nerd, he Elder Football idiot!
And you know nothing about physics. Jesus, it’s not a hard concept, and anyone who has seen the Eds and PC game can clearly see the size discrepancy in trenches was a huge factor. I bring up height, weight, speed, bc those are incredibly important in football. And like it or not, the bigger & faster team usually wins. Not always, but often enough that it’s a pretty damn good predictor for results, especially at the HS level.

As I’ve said before, we saw this exact scenario back in 2016. Simply put, Elder just got dealt a bad hand with the injuries and kids quitting. There’s no real solution, none that I can see, that would allow the Offense to utilize the full playbook while also giving help to the OL. That’s why you see so many Boots/Sprints, to shift the pocket away from the rush. However, that effectively cuts off half to 3/4 of the field. It’s also why Elder really hasn’t been able to get their run game going.

Last edited:
Elders line is a bit undersized when it comes to holding up against squads like Pick and Ed's but that loss was way deeper than line play.
Also, pboy might be over the top at times, especially yrs ago, but he does usually seem spot on when talking football. My guess is he has more knowledge than you Smarty, maybe because your obsession with him clouds your brain and weird
I like to think I’ve cutback in going over the top. The OL wasn’t the sole reason they lost, but it was the largest factor. And I’m not trying blame anyone, it’s just a matter of fact, their size hurts them.

The D was not particularly good vs Eds either. The tackling, especially the Eds QB, was bad, and giving up the Hail Mary was a back breaker.

Last edited:
I do expect Elder to show up vs Ville X. Elder traditionally responds a bit better the following week after a blowout. The travel will be a factor, but unlike the PC game, the game temps should be a little cooler. Hopefully, they can avoid the cramping issue.

I am worried about X’s stud DE and QB.

I do expect Elder to show up vs Ville X. Elder traditionally responds a bit better the following week after a blowout. The travel will be a factor, but unlike the PC game, the game temps should be a little cooler. Hopefully, they can avoid the cramping issue.

I am worried about X’s stud DE and QB.
I agree, they'll get better and have plenty of talent to be scary in the playoffs. If they can stay healthy and get a few breaks, they could make a state run. I'm not saying they will, but they definitely could.
This week will be another really tough opponent.

I agree, they'll get better and have plenty of talent to be scary in the playoffs. If they can stay healthy and get a few breaks, they could make a state run. I'm not saying they will, but they definitely could.
This week will be another really tough opponent.
I’m not as bullish as you, but I think they can have a similar season to last year. Finish 6-4, win a few playoff games, but ultimately, they’re not getting past X or West.

This is a young team with 8 Sophs & 1 Frosh dressing for Varsity. Of those 9, I’m pretty sure at least 5 are playing in some capacity on Varsity. I won’t make any guarantees on what happens in the future, but I believe there a better times ahead.

Lol weird for calling out someone’s constant bs opinion? I think your weird for believing his clueless shenanigans! Pboy doesn’t know a damn thing about competitive athletics and it shows up here everyday.

Elder will lose this week because the O lineman can’t gain the 30lbs they need??‍♂️.

I'm Louisville St. X Alum and go to all their games. They are expected to contend for 6A Championship but right now have 5 or 6 starters out on defense who were injured first game against Owensboro. Surprisingly were able to hold Male's high powered offense to 28 points and 0 in 2nd half. Male may have let off the gas some in 2nd half but St. X was in position to tie game at end of 4th quarter but couldn't convert 4 down. St.X offense is relatively healthy and have a running QB and two good receivers. Calpreps has St. X and Elder basically even. I think this will be competitive game and wouldn't surprise me if either team wins. After this game I expect St.X win rest of games so I'm not sure if that helps with your Harbin points since I don't know how that system works. Our RPI system treats out of state teams like they have .500 record no matter what their record is. Safe travels and good luck Friday. P.S. I look forward going to pit next year.

This is St. Ed's defensive line.

DE #47 Michael Kilbane JR. 6'4" 245
DT #56 Dwight Harvey SR. 6'1" 275
DT #93 Matthew Oudeman SR. 6'2" 264
DE #34 Wyatt Gedeon JR. 6'1" 230

Thanks for the info.

So Ed's D-Line averages 6'2" and 253.5 lbs. Against Elder's O-Line average of 6'1" 253 lbs.

So I'm really confused about how 1 inch and a half pound average size discrepancy is a huge issue of being clearly too small.

Literally, this is one of the most ridiculous arguments I have ever heard.

Thanks for the info.

So Ed's D-Line averages 6'2" and 253.5 lbs. Against Elder's O-Line average of 6'1" 253 lbs.

So I'm really confused about how 1 inch and a half pound average size discrepancy is a huge issue of being clearly too small.

You gonna get called weird for calling out Pboys bs. He the one that said they are to small but he knows Football more than the rest of us??‍♂️

VilleX that’s a ton of injuries for one game. How’s the LouX D Line look since all the injuries on D?

I'm Louisville St. X Alum and go to all their games. They are expected to contend for 6A Championship but right now have 5 or 6 starters out on defense who were injured first game against Owensboro. Surprisingly were able to hold Male's high powered offense to 28 points and 0 in 2nd half. Male may have let off the gas some in 2nd half but St. X was in position to tie game at end of 4th quarter but couldn't convert 4 down. St.X offense is relatively healthy and have a running QB and two good receivers. Calpreps has St. X and Elder basically even. I think this will be competitive game and wouldn't surprise me if either team wins. After this game I expect St.X win rest of games so I'm not sure if that helps with your Harbin points since I don't know how that system works. Our RPI system treats out of state teams like they have .500 record no matter what their record is. Safe travels and good luck Friday. P.S. I look forward going to pit next year.
Hey thanks for the heads up. Can you park in the hospital down the street from the school? Any good parking options? I am looking forward to some Hometown Pizza on Friday.

Thanks for the info.

Take the median size of the lines, that changes things a lot.

Lol weird for calling out someone’s constant bs opinion? I think your weird for believing his clueless shenanigans! Pboy doesn’t know a damn thing about competitive athletics and it shows up here everyday.

Elder will lose this week because the O lineman can’t gain the 30lbs they need??‍♂️.
Since when is backing up an argument with quantifiable information considered clueless?

Hey thanks for the heads up. Can you park in the hospital down the street from the school? Any good parking options? I am looking forward to some Hometown Pizza on Friday.
Plenty of parking at school. If upper lot fills up there is more parking at lower lot at Germantown ball park complex and another lot by tennis courts. Also is George Rogers Park across from school entrance that has some parking. Also can park in neighborhoods across from school but make sure not illegally park because the neighborhood gets mad about parking for games. There is a Hometown pizza on Preston Hwy near I-264 which is about 3 miles from school. Tickets are all electronic and can be bought on school website. Should be fun game.

You gonna get called weird for calling out Pboys bs. He the one that said they are to small but he knows Football more than the rest of us??‍♂️

VilleX that’s a ton of injuries for one game. How’s the LouX D Line look since all the injuries on D?
I don't think the D line played bad considering 2nd string guys. Male exposed the secondary in 1st half since had two starters out there. One has hamstring issue and not sure if will be back for this game or not. Head Coach said at halftime talked to team about being more aggressive and shut Male out 2nd half. Male was up 28-7 so they probably came out flat in 2nd half. The senior and Junior classes went undefeated as freshman so was looking forward to this year being championship until all the injuries. Most of them should be back by October and hopefully stay healthy.

Plenty of parking at school. If upper lot fills up there is more parking at lower lot at Germantown ball park complex and another lot by tennis courts. Also is George Rogers Park across from school entrance that has some parking. Also can park in neighborhoods across from school but make sure not illegally park because the neighborhood gets mad about parking for games. There is a Hometown pizza on Preston Hwy near I-264 which is about 3 miles from school. Tickets are all electronic and can be bought on school website. Should be fun game.
Thanks. I have taken a vacation day off work so I am going to take my time driving down. I plan on taking US 42 down. Might stop in Bedford or LaGrange to get some Hometown.

I am a little worried about U of L playing on Friday too, but other than that should be a good game. I usually go to the Kentucky Exposition Center two or three times an year, and you guys seem to be in that same section of town.

Take the median size of the lines, that changes things a lot.
I'm so glad you brought that up, as it does change things..... in Elder's favor.

The median size for Elder's O-Line is 6' 2" and 260lbs

The median size for St. Ed's D-Line is 6'1.5" and 254.5lbs

What else you got?

I'm so glad you brought that up, as it does change things..... in Elder's favor.

What else you got?
Most certainly some more bs will follow since you asked. Please keep it up, I find this hilarious!

Be interesting to see how the Elder O Line looks this week against LouX 2nd string D Line. 2nd string might outweigh the first string?

What else you got?
I’m really trying hard to not single out an individual player. I would add, you’re seeing more tipped passes bc the OL as a whole is shorter.

Most certainly some more bs will follow since you asked. Please keep it up, I find this hilarious!

Be interesting to see how the Elder O Line looks this week against LouX 2nd string D Line. 2nd string might outweigh the first string?
Yeah bc the OL totally didn’t struggle vs Eds or PC. And I know they’re 2 of the best teams in the state, but that’s who Elder benchmarks themselves against.

I did play and I know football well enough to understand 6’1’’ 250 is too small for a D1 Ohio OL. I don’t understand why that’s controversial. It’s nobody’s fault, it’s just reality.
i guess there aren't many good offensive lines in D1 football then. i suppose a good OL must avg 6'4 or 6'5 280#?

jtk
()

I’m really trying hard to not single out an individual player. I would add, you’re seeing more tipped passes bc the OL as a whole is shorter.
So you want to single out the guy that is 215 apparently. Fine..... Do you have stats that shows he has missed more blocks, given up more sacks, or QB hurries than the other 4?

As for the tipped passes.....Elder's O-Line is taller than Ed's?? Seriously, where do you come up with this??

Thanks. I have taken a vacation day off work so I am going to take my time driving down. I plan on taking US 42 down. Might stop in Bedford or LaGrange to get some Hometown.

I am a little worried about U of L playing on Friday too, but other than that should be a good game. I usually go to the Kentucky Exposition Center two or three times an year, and you guys seem to be in that same section of town.
YW! KY Expo Center isn't far. With UofL playing will cut down on attendance some plus big game with Trinity and Male. I sold my UofL tickets to go to this game. The stadium holds 6,000 but with standing room only can sell about 8,000 tickets but I doubt sell that many this Friday. I think for Male game 2 weeks ago, the attendance was 6,000.